1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
041w.jpg
[/QUOTE][/IMG]

Agreed. That's probably the best Indy custom I've seen. What you did with the face and the hat is ____ing insane. That old SS sculpt has incredible potential obviously, it just seems to be very tricky to capitalize on.

And I was so proud of my SS Indy's until I saw that pic......

Thats the SS head that came with the figure?? thats incredible amazing figure!! I want.

Griff

I hate to be the guy that dumps on somebody's work, but this is just a waste of a Hot Toys body

THIS IS THE ULTIMATE INDIANA JONES ACTION FIGURE FOR ONE LUCKY COLLECTOR!

The "Hot" Toys McCoy Indy. Great in his day, and the figure that got me into collecting Dragon military figs. Seeing a photo of the Toys McCoy made me aware that the world of 1/6 had moved on quite a bit from the '60s-'90s Action Man/GI Joe days. However, it's moved on even further now, with the likes of Hot Toys and Dragon in Dreams.

The Toys McCoy sculpt looks very dated now, and about as much like Harrison as my knockoff "Adventurer" figure.

RJMacReady16 said:
That old SS sculpt has incredible potential obviously, it just seems to be very tricky to capitalize on.

And I was so proud of my SS Indy's until I saw that pic......

I still think the SS is impressive even without the painting.

I was getting nostalgic and began unboxing some of my old Dragons (DiD Coleman muscled his way in):

DSCN3872.jpg

I still think the SS is impressive even without the painting.

Hey nice WWII collection, man.

Ah you know we've all gotten spoiled by now, because before SS's came along my Relic Hunter/Frontline Indy was the pride of my collection. Now I _____ about SS's.

Well, Warrior's work of art inspired me to try yet another repaint of my primary Indy....and it only took me 6 hours to complete! Heh........*sigh

I'm a little happier with it, yet still annoyed at what some people can do with their brushes. Jealous admiration maybe? Who knows.

Indy.jpg

Yup that's mine!! I think that's Kato's jacket although I am not sure. Sean took those pics and sent them to Kato before he sent it back to me.

I looooooooove it still. HT did not top it.

Yes! U r right! :lol

Tell you something... I hv been talking with Sean to see if we should creat our own version of it in future.......:pray:

I know Sean shares the disappointment with the Hot Toys Indy as well. I think that you and Sean can top it any day. Especially seeing how mine came together... I for one think others will want one too!

Thanks to ProgMatinee's suggestion, I got myself a Prometheus 1.2 (Beach Head) to replace Indy's original body and it works great! It makes a world of difference and the joints are extremely tight. However, two little things: 1. the ratchet-style knees ARE annoying (like many have reported), but I can get used to it. And 2. the shirt is a wee bit tight, and the jacket sleeves are a bit too perfect lengthwise. But you can't really notice the shirt tightness, and the sleeves just need to be pulled down a bit to look right.

Here are some pics:

IMG_6460.JPG
IMG_6452.JPG

IMG_6448.JPG

That body looks so perfect on him! Truly it's a huge difference between it and the original Pro.

I wonder if the Pro 1.1 which supposedly has the same shoulders as the 1.0 would be better? Does anyone know what figure has the 1.1 Pro? But that's a minor quibble. The shoulders on the 1.2 really do fill in the clothes extremely well.

What I particularly liked about changing the bodies is that I didn't have to do any alterations like you would on a TrueType or other bodies. All the pieces fit together perfectly. So easy!

Jim..... I actually have my Raiders and Crystal Skull Indy and Henry Sr. on the Pro 1.1 (anakin clone wars) body. The shoulders are the same as the Pro 1.0 but the torso is taller, which was my main reason for using them. The shirt and jacket fit well and the longer torso prevents the "nursing home pants" look. Overall I'm happy with them, I got height I needed and I didn't have to modify hand or foot pegs. I hope this helps.
Jim

Thanks, Jim. I'll look into Anakin's body. I may change the Crystal Skull Indy too. You're right--the taller torso is the key to helping Indy not look so frumpy. But honestly the 1.2 is really great!

And howsabout some pics of YOUR mod, Jim?

As soon as I can I'll get some pics up. We just had some renovations done so I put my figures back in the boxes to keep the safe from damage, dust and paint. That's also a plus of using the Pro 1.1(and I would assume the 1.2) the figures still fit in the boxes.

Hey nice WWII collection, man.

Ah you know we've all gotten spoiled by now, because before SS's came along my Relic Hunter/Frontline Indy was the pride of my collection. Now I _____ about SS's.

Well, Warrior's work of art inspired me to try yet another repaint of my primary Indy....and it only took me 6 hours to complete! Heh........*sigh

I'm a little happier with it, yet still annoyed at what some people can do with their brushes. Jealous admiration maybe? Who knows.

Indy.jpg

Yours is pretty good. Yo should be proud. Great work.

Niiice.... the gloves look great... I have a set of those.. but want to fill the gloves with two part clay.. then mold the hands to shape.. just not sure what I want the hands shaped to yet.. ( gripping pistol, whip, etc etc...)

Thanks everyone, I have a pair of bendable hands in the gloves, the clothes are all by kato, and it's on a tt advance

Back