1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello folks well I am very new in the Indy section as I mainly do Star Wars but I have been so getting into Indy and been watchin the films with my boy!..

Really want to do a Indiana but this thread is MASSIVE, have any of you guys got any suggestions.

Basically I was going to start with the sideshow figure, I managed to get one off ebay which is the crystal skull figure and I was going to do a body swop first off onto a soldier story body.

What other custom bits do you guys recommend doing?

Any pics would be fab.

I recommend a mfisher belt and holster and whip, also his side bags look decent, clothes wise, katos is top, if you have the money, that plus a repaint will give you a great Indy,

Hi All

j2_gumpy - mate that indy is looking exceptional already really looking forward to seeing the finsihed figure.

And Dorgs finally mate I was wondering when you would start doing Indy Customs LOL. Mate I would just go with what you have at fisrt and work from there thSS Indy's are pretty good and with a little weathering and alterations they do come up great.

I like to use Soldier Story Bodies as well as there more slim lined then most figures and are pretty cheap. The only thing I do like to change is the fedora's as I like the raised style better.

Here is a link to where I get them from and Lonnie is a great bloke and just ask for the older style fedora. https://www.h2creative.com/HeroHeads.html

Ron

Ahh cheers Gumpy I looked at your stuff! Great work love it and I can not wait to get going when mine arrives some really inspiring work on here. I will post pics as we go and hopefully folks will point out stuff as I am totally new to the Indy section and there is so much to take on board.

RON assign mate I have no idea why I just did nor email you I totally forgotten about all those amazing insanely good dios and figures you did I love the ROTLA dio form the beginning so cool in fact they are all amazing as are so many of the customs I have found on this thread.

One thing I am really looking forward to is weathering the jacket and I have to get a Raiders Indy head with a hat if any one has one....

:)

Hey Dorgs wearhering the SS jacket is pretty easy I just give the jacket a good wash in warm soapy water and while it is still wet I crumble it in my hand for about 5 minutes.

Once dry I use a very very fine grit sand paper and lightly go over the jacket and then give it a slight dry brush using of GW's Snakebite Leather and Beastial Brown.

I then let that dry for roughly 30 min and then use pastels to give it a real dusty look. And I think I have a Head for you I'll PM you either way.

Ron

Dorgmal Snow here's what makes mine.

FIRST: I'd hold off until HT makes theirs there will probably be a lot of their parts that will go a long way to making the perfect Indy even if the head etc. is not good.

I have some good stuff in a custom I'm selling... if anyones interested PM me.

Boot25 painted hatless head, custom Sovergn Studios jacket and bendy whip, custom pants and shirt etc.

OK anyways here's my recipe..

JACKET, SHIRT, PANTS: Kato
WHIP, BELT+HOLSTER, SIDEBAG: mfisher
WAISTBELT: DID Charles Witmore, repainted brown (not pictured actually)
SHOES: Newline Miniatures 1930's Civilian (true Indy Alden design)
HANDS: Aldo Reign, t-800
GUN: Sideshow
HEAD: You have to fish the board for answers on this one, not at liberty to say because of board rules, but it;s a shrunk down PF head with major modifications by me and paint by Sean Ho.

indyfull.png

Woow Ray very fine indeed and thank you so much for all the help and I am so excited to get stuck into the SS one.

i think first up I am gonna see what i can do with it before I go splashing the cash. I think its a ROTA that I really want to go. I will post pics all the way :)

oops. sorry ShortRound,

Body is TT Advanced and as for the head I removed the neck and inserted a TT adapter. I also spent hours refining, sanding and filling in imperfections... in both the hat and head. The cast came in really jagged rough and with rugged texture on the skin. I smoothed out the skin, chisled out the hair better, fixed the ears, teeth, eyes etc.

Dorgmal, just like you, I think that what some of these guys do with their Indy figures is AMAZING. But if you're like me, and don't want to pour hundreds of dollars and hours into a figure, here are my modest customs:

indyss6.jpg

This one is a Saturday Toys body with all Sideshow parts and slightly repainted head. Total cost: $68.00 US

promod.jpg

This one is all Sideshow with a torso extension and minor arm extensions. I also added a HT long neck. Total cost: $59.00 US

Last edited:
Ahh nice one Bat Proff...

eeyyy he does not look to bad to me my friend. So you lengthened the torso and the arms? humm I have sooo much to learn about this figure. Can I ask why you lengthened the arms and torso?

Ahh nice one Bat Proff...

eeyyy he does not look to bad to me my friend. So you lengthened the torso and the arms? humm I have sooo much to learn about this figure. Can I ask why you lengthened the arms and torso?

Please someone do explain, as I just bought the Sideshow figure on sale (not in hand yet). Are the proportions just not anatomically correct or do they not fit the tailoring?

He looks a little dorky right out of the box:

premod.jpg

The torso mod was pretty easy. I removed the midsection from the SS, and inserted a cut down piece from an Ultimate Soldier figure. A little Zap-A-Gap, and it was good to go, I even was able to maintain articulation. The arms were lengthened by a simple radius cut and filled in with fiberglass and Zap-A-Gap.

thorax.jpg

Saturday Toys or Soldier Story figures are an excellent budget-conscious alternative to HT True Type figures.

Last edited:
ahhh I seeee!! yeah it makes the head look as big as a whale!!!

so can not wait to get my paws on him.

ow and hi Star Puff long time since I have chatted to you hope your Gonk is doing well :)

Back