1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just completed this indy for a friend. Didnt have the gun holster & leather belt handy at the time of taking these pics but anyway here it is :)
IMG_6282.jpg

IMG_6284.jpg

IMG_6294.jpg

When I said it's perfect, I meant it looks perfect - just like the shirt he wore in the movie. However, in terms of the size, the one I have is too big, even on a truetype. I even tried to shrink it to no avail. The shirt is huge.

When I said it's perfect, I meant it looks perfect - just like the shirt he wore in the movie. However, in terms of the size, the one I have is too big, even on a truetype. I even tried to shrink it to no avail. The shirt is huge.

Hmmm, I'll be interested to see how it works out...I'm using a modified KOTCS shirt on my Indy atm, this was just a curiosity purchase/potential upgrade.

Fruck! I already ordered one. Oh well, we'll see how it works. If not, then it goes in the customs bin for a possible future project.

if those are in fact the Relic Hunter shirts.. they look decent on the HT muscle body ( watchmen comedian version).. that is what I am using on my TOD custom

I can confirm that the relic hunter shirt is bit bigger than others. I have it put on a soldier story body. Need some washed with hot water to shrink. But looks good on a TTL 2.0, maybe a little big.:wink1:

Be careful if you're trying to shrink it with hot water. The only part that will shrink will be the vertical body of the shirt , the sleeves and width of the chest will stay the same size. ( I know because I've already tried it) so personally I would advise against it.

If you're a dab hand with a needle and cotton, I'd suggest unpicking the seams and re-sewing it smaller. Will be a tough job but worth it in the end.

I just want everyone here to know that mfisher is a stand up guy. I had ordered 2 of his amazing whips (rotla and tod) and the first time he shipped them, USPS managed to loose them. Well, he quickly made 2 more again and shipped them right away. And this was after he had a very difficult week of lots of work helping out because of the floods in his city/town. I have a lot of respect for Mike for being someone trustworthy and reliable who delivers as promised, not to mention that his craftmanship is top notch.
Thank you Mike! You :rock

just finished my ROTLA Indy repaints! currently waiting for the protective coating to dry, but it looks BADASS, thanks to y'alls advice! I feel like i now have the Indy Jones figure i always wanted as a child. Sometimes its quite fulfilling to practice magnificently geeky habbits. Thanks for all the tips guys!

just finished my ROTLA Indy repaints! currently waiting for the protective coating to dry, but it looks BADASS, thanks to y'alls advice! I feel like i now have the Indy Jones figure i always wanted as a child. Sometimes its quite fulfilling to practice magnificently geeky habbits. Thanks for all the tips guys!

When it's done setting up I would love to see some pictures.

I finally snagged a Sovereign jacket.... Here's the good news: It's an awesome jacket. It really fits Indy better on a TT and looks more worn in and rugged. Onto the bad:

[RANT]
When I opened the package, I got hit with a HUGE wave of cigarette smoke. You know how chain smokers have that perpetual stink on them? That's what it smelled like. Enough so that I almost threw up. So, I'm severely tempted to febreze the crap out of the thing it stinks so bad. If you're doing a professional service for someone, I'd appreciate you not chain smoking while you're working on something I'm going to have in my home. THANK YOU. [/RANT]

I know exactly what you're talking about Sham, in fact I'm pretty sure everyone who's ever gotten a jacket from Shawn knows. The good news is that after a while the smell goes away, and you're left with odor-free awesomeness. Took a few months for mine, but it's completely gone now.

Lol!! classic!!! Welcome to the world of sovereign studios. All my jackets came the same way. And from what I've read and heard all of shaun's work smells that way. It goes away.

Back