1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The older Indy needs some body padding. The look of the face doesn't go with the shape of the body.

I agree. Where does he need padding in your opinion? Belly? All around?

I have also been considering that, as the KOTCS head is bigger than the 2 Raiders heads, perhaps it needs an almost entirely custom body (which I can't afford at this time). Custom meaning padding all around and or lengthening the arms and legs slightly. This, of course, means all new clothes as well, which, again, I can't afford at this time.

KOTCS Indy seems "almost" 1/5th scale to me ...

So I just picked up an indy and I'm itching to bash one. Since the Narrow Shoulder bodies are tough to find. Will the Soldier Story body work? Will the Sideshow headfit on the that body? Also is the regular True Type acceptable?

So I just picked up an indy and I'm itching to bash one. Since the Narrow Shoulder bodies are tough to find. Will the Soldier Story body work? Will the Sideshow headfit on the that body? Also is the regular True Type acceptable?

A Soldier Story body requires a decent amount of modding, but if you're planning on displaying him with a large portion of exposed chest the moulded neck is nice (although imo the SS head looks awkward on the neck). The regular TT works fine but the shirt and jacket fit a bit tighter and not as accurately as on a NS TT.

I switched everything over to a Narrow TT and thought it looked fine. I bought a Soldier Story body for the hell of it, and once I got it in my hands, realized it need a lot of work to get it to work. The socket on the Pro head is too big for the peg on the SS body. I was thinking you'd have to get some sort of filler putty or something and put it in the socket on Indy's head to get the SS neck peg to work. The Pro hands' socket is a smidge to big for the SS wrist pegs to they flop around a bit. And of course, the feet don't swap right. If you got the Newline Aldens you could probably just put the SS feet in those, but I couldn't get the Pro shoes in with the Pro plugs or the TT barbell.

Short version, stick with a narrow TT.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I just picked up this True Type at Toy Anxiety. I think I'm gonna try to see what I can come up with. I really like the molded neck, I think it might be a narrow, but not sure. Here is a picture of the body and the figure it belongs to. Hmmm...I hope Indy's head fits on it!

Picture1.png
[/IMG]
900487_press06-001.jpg
[/IMG]

You musta lucked out when TA was listing those. I've been trying to track down one of those bodies at a decent price.

Definitely let us know how it works out.

Wow, congrats man. I just checked TA yesterday and it wasn't there. :banghead:duh How much did he sell it for? I wish Hot Toys would do us all a favor and sell all of their bodies loose (including Wolverine, this body, etc). It only seems like a win-win for me. It's not like Hot Toys profits from the aftermarket scalping.

Last edited:
Wow, congrats man. I just checked TA yesterday and it wasn't there. :banghead:duh How much did he sell it for? I wish Hot Toys would do us all a favor and sell all of their bodies loose (including Wolverine, this body, etc). It only seems like a win-win for me. It's not like Hot Toys profits from the aftermarket scalping.

I didn't even know these type of True Types existed. It was $29.99, not too bad when you consider the going price of the True Types. But I don't get hands or feet or neckposts:(. I just dont see a ball joint in the picture to attach the head?

The Indy head will fit fine on it. Josh ( small studios) customised his figure with this body and it looks superb !

I've been tinkering with my figure body and I've created a hybrid of sorts just to be different.( not Hot Toys or Soldier story - Dragon !! ) It has the long lean look that Ford had then and it utilises the head I modified with the neck so there aren't any pesky join lines at the base of the jaw etc. Of course now I just need a decent jacket to fit the figure ! :lol ( the Sideshow jacket is too small :( )

The Indy head will fit fine on it. Josh ( small studios) customised his figure with this body and it looks superb !

I've been tinkering with my figure body and I've created a hybrid of sorts just to be different.( not Hot Toys or Soldier story - Dragon !! ) It has the long lean look that Ford had then and it utilises the head I modified with the neck so there aren't any pesky join lines at the base of the jaw etc. Of course now I just need a decent jacket to fit the figure ! :lol ( the Sideshow jacket is too small :( )

Can't wait to see pics of it Paul. with my Indy versions with your sculpted neck (one smirking painted by small_studios, and one smirking + one regular being painted by Les), I was using the Buck (believe it or not), since Les had pointed out with his that the long, lean Ford look comes across nicely with the Buck, and he was right!

Still just waiting on a couple of jackets from Sovereign...Definitely the one you need to get if you can...since the SS jacket is too short in the sleeves for the Buck too. Besides, the Sovereign jacket looks TONS better!

Good luck with putting it all together! Be sure to share it with the rest of us when you do!

I'm using my KOTCS Medi jacket on my TLC Indy... Here he is next to my Medi Henry Sr.

apart from the zip i think that jacket looks better on that figure than the sideshow jacket.
i was hoping the kotcs sideshow indy had a jacket that was as good as the one shown on the prototype as i probably would have used that for a tlc indy (soveriegn studios for my rotla indy), and then had kotsc indy as he was in the warehouse.

in the end i decided to pass on the kotcs indy anyway, that money has gone towards the mola ram pf!

Here is my Professor Indiana Jones kitbash that I just finished.
The head was repainted by Rismo. Indy is wearing his father's suit from Medicom on a slim TT body. The boots are from a Hasbro Indiana Jones. I might change the shoes eventually. The glasses are from Sideshow Giles.
4308010998_f092735a84_b.jpg

Here is picture of my other Indy ready for action and casting a large shadow as only Indy can.
4307291165_e94d0c9f6b_b.jpg

Back