1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the compliments.

Otherwise I do not want to do better than others or more screen acurate, indeed I myself order shawns set clothes, I just wanted to see if it was possible to make a super soft jacket with real leather.

For the biker style you're right, but do not worry this is that the body underneath is too broad at the chest I will sand down it. Anyway I will have to rework the body a lot: (

For jacket commission it's not impossible, i can tell you this at the end of the summer.
I must first see how the skin behaves. The skin has a life it's not like the fabric, should be greased and maintained especially with all the seams. but I did some crash test, with extremes positions body doing big tension on the seams, I can tell you that it's solid.

Do you know where I can find extra thin zipper. I need at least 3.6" for longer, if it's a fake it's not a problem I don't want to close the jacket.

Last edited:
Alright I went through about half of the pages but didn't find much yet. I am looking for some good weather tips for my Indy jacket? Anything besides soaking it in hot water and rolling it up on a ball to dry?

Hi All

Something Sexy wrote
Alright I went through about half of the pages but didn't find much yet. I am looking for some good weather tips for my Indy jacket? Anything besides soaking it in hot water and rolling it up on a ball to dry?

You can use fine grade sandpaper to dull down the jacket and give it a worn look, and then use either the old drybrush technic using different browns and tans. Or you could use pastels which I've just started using and which are brillant especially for weathering.

Ron

Hi All

Something Sexy wrote

You can use fine grade sandpaper to dull down the jacket and give it a worn look, and then use either the old drybrush technic using different browns and tans. Or you could use pastels which I've just started using and which are brillant especially for weathering.

Ron

Thanks for the tips, do you have any specific color pastels you might recommend?

Here are two recent pics of my SS Indy. Until my narrow shoulder TT arrives I think I'm done...for now. ;)

IMG_5075.jpg

IMG_5090.jpg

You are correct, Sir. It's from Sovereign Studios. I picked it up from Shawn over five years ago to use with my vintage Kenner Indy. It looks great with my SS Indy. Here's a pic:

IMG_5092.jpg

It really is fantastic. It is a truer olive drab with incredible stitching. Also, it's been dry brushed for a "used" effect. It doesn't open because it is filled with tiny beads to add weight for a natural drape. It has the tiny drain holes on the bottom and everything. Shawn sent this to me when I bought my custom Indy from him way back when. I forgot I had it! It looks MUCH better on my SS than my vintage Kenner Indy! That was like putting a silk hat on a pig!

SSIndy3.jpg

Back