1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which Marvel figures are we talking about? Are we talking about Venom and Spider-Man who were still under Sony? Or the Fox Xmen and Deadpool figures?

I dont think I have seen many (if any) bootleg Disney owned Marvel figures, but I could have missed something.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Venom and Spider-Man movies are under Sony, but all toys related to them are under Marvel. Sony sold the toy rights back some years ago related to their movies. This is why there's been so few toys based on Sony movies and Fox movies (until recently). Literally zero Marvel Legends for X-Men or Deadpool movies until Disney bought Fox, insanity. I don't even know how Hot Toys was able to make a Deadpool, that was the single movie related figure until the Marvel Legends figure that basically just came out.

And on the MCU, after Endgame, literally any Tony and Steve outfit was or is being made, even old Steve Rogers. They even made the bench he sits on at the end.

Have these all been released? I mean I have seen a few Stark outfits and I've seen a few bootlegged Sculpts floating around, but I haven't seen a legit RDJ Iron Man thats been released as a whole figure. I know Disney has been pretty aggressive on this as of late.

Absolutely to the point where Sideshows own Let your Geek Sideshow are banning people that even mentions unlicensed products

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Play Toys made a KO Mark VI for under $200, same diecast as Hot Toys. I've read about this mostly on the Transformers forums like TFW2005 since there was reports of a factory raid on them, since it was a third party/KO Transformers factory. Diecast Iron Mans are a lot closer to Transformers manufacturing than normal 1/6 scale figures. There's a preorder now for Mk1 War Machine:
https://showzstore.com/4th-party-1-6-armor-warrior-iron-man-war-machine_p2318.html

Well, I've given the Sideshow Indiana Jones a lot of grief over the many years since its release but I must say it does have great bones. After reviewing the film I found that most of the clothing and gear is very accurate. In fact, the only thing that is not SS ToD below is the head, the web belt and of course that is TonTon's Sankara stone light-up bag.

Wor-Gar Indy ToD.jpg

That looks awesome, Wor. :clap

Nice weathering on the shirt -- I feel like yours has more gray to it than mine, which seems to have a very tan look to it.

Thanks TonTon!

Yeah, I did my usual dye job on the shirt. I always find these Indy shirts too warm tan. Here is the before-and-after...

Before-After Dye 4.jpg

The extra muck around the pockets is just the beginnings of some acrylic staining.

Ah, should have realized it was the elusive modified MJ sculpt. Did someone do a run of those back in the day? I only remember the original head being offered, and somehow missed this one.

The only mod I can see is that it's been made to fit an Inigo hat to it. Still a great looking Indy and definitely one of the best TOD out there.

The only mod I can see is that it's been made to fit an Inigo hat to it. Still a great looking Indy and definitely one of the best TOD out there.

The whole size of the head was reduced, as well as the ears and the nose. Made him look less of a caricature of HF.

Thanks again guys! Really appreciate the support.

I wasn't going to go beyond a Raiders Indy myself until the Mola Ram project became a reality... and literally that same day I just happened to get lucky on a good price on the Sideshow figure on ebay, so the stars aligned as they say. And now that I have a Temple of Doom Indy I'm not sure why I was reluctant to start. The ragged, beat-up nature of the figure really makes it stand out on the shelf... and makes futzing simpler because the messier the better.

Yeah, lots of ToD goodness out there with Mola Ram, TonTon's custom bag with glowing Sankara stone, ScratchBuilder's mine cart, and the upcoming ShortRound. Amazing stuff.

Back