1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know where I can pick up some leather strip suitable for the "manbag" strap? My HT one crumbled to dust. :(

Anyone know where I can pick up some leather strip suitable for the "manbag" strap? My HT one crumbled to dust. :(

Etsy is a good source. You want 3mm, and as thin as possible. I found Kangaroo leather in dark browns there that were pretty decent -- can usually get samples (yard or so) for cheap and are plenty long for this purpose.

This popped up on FB today. Being released by Present Toys who did Django. Not horrible looking, but appears to be basically just the HT outfit with a recast Inigo head.

FB_IMG_1602617751165.jpg

That just looks terrible. ToD judging from the bag strap and holster. Don't see anything there useable -- maybe the revolver and the web belt that you can't see and the bag.

But maybe for a ripped-to-pieces ToD Indy it could be a potentially inexpensive start.

If it's reasonably priced it will be the starter Indy that people haven't had since the original SSC. It's what the HT should have been. It's a bit blatant, but, it shows how little people seem to care about that now. They're past trying to hide it as they know people know, so why should they bother!?

For 150.00 I'll take the chance. I already have my ultimate Indy but had to order this out of curiosity.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah seeing the other pics on TNS, the only thing that looks truly crap to me is the jacket. The rest seems pretty serviceable for a basic Indy figure, and I'm almost tempted to pick one up myself for a Cairo Indy. Of course odds are good that's the actual HT outfit they're using in the promo pics, so who knows what the final product may be like.

I don't know, the figure is almost ALL HT and I'm not sure that's what you'll really get in the end. I mean, the shoes, web belt, ToD holster, everything is HT.

Now seeing all the pictures, I think the web belt and shoes are the best part. Shirt may be OK if you dye it more grey. Pants are meh. Jacket is not good. Holster is only correct for ToD. Braided whip is as silly as the HT one was. Bag needs a new strap.

So again, for ToD base Indy - maybe not bad. For any Raiders Indy, there's still a lot of upgrading you need to make it solid.

But I guess for people just getting into the hobby, and the DX05 getting harder to come by, then at least this gives you something to start with.

Yeah seeing the other pics on TNS, the only thing that looks truly crap to me is the jacket. The rest seems pretty serviceable for a basic Indy figure, and I'm almost tempted to pick one up myself for a Cairo Indy. Of course odds are good that's the actual HT outfit they're using in the promo pics, so who knows what the final product may be like.

Crap, I didn't even think about using it for Cairo gear. Good call. Agreed that it looks like a mix of HT and possibly SS parts. I guess we'll see.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back