1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With every paint-up I see of the Inigo V3 sculpt, I get an older Ford vibe, like Last Crusade era rather than Raiders era.

I used the sculpt for my Last Crusade Indy. The hat is definitely Raiders but the sculpt looks like an older Indy.
View attachment 484277

Great looking Indy, pjstan.

That's what I've been considering using the sculpt for too. Stubble was sculpted a little thick for Last Crusade but that can be de-emphasized with the paint. I haven't found a smaller hat that works well with the sculpt yet though, without modding the head at least.

This is kinda funny, mainly just because of the futzing on my first Indy. :lol

Anyhow here is the first full Indy I put together a few years back, essentially stock SS TOD with their KOTCS jacket and the Jnix head. Current Indy on the right is with the new Iris outfit.

f31a315abf79b39a7b0422803dd61c3b.jpg

Hell that's a whole lot better than the first Indy I put together! Which was basically just the Sideshow figure with a really badly weathered HT jacket thrown on. And the sad thing is that pic was only from 5 years ago! I really would have thought my customizing skills were better back then. :slap

In between I did make some improvements, by repainting the Sideshow head and getting some MFisher parts. But it's still pretty shoddy looking. And of course I'm still stuck with the same Sideshow belt, so hopefully I'll finally be able to upgrade that someday. Lol

indyss.jpg

Nice, the SS still looks solid. It's fun to see first/current Indy's. I think Rzeznikk posted his recently.

I still dig the SS TOD so not a knock on the figure, just my eye/futzing skills, looks like I had him sagging his pants -- photo dated Nov. 2017. I got the stock figure the year before that but wasn't sure I wanted to branch out from Star Wars and sold it.

I have some better futzed photos with the HT jacket that I still think look pretty decent. Aside from the length, my only major issue with the HT jacket is how brittle it is.

You should see my first and last Indy's!

Indy.jpg

Indy Final 0001.JPG

I know!

I always had a pretty low budget and got the best parts I could at the time. Back when I did the first Indy it was the Relic Hunter set that everyone was after, which is what my first one used. I didn't even have an eBay or Paypal account at the time, but a local retailer did so he'd get stuff for me. The main custom head everyone used then was the Hero Head by Lonnie Hale. I used BBI's Otto Schulz and graduated through various DML lookalikes till the SSC figure came out. That supplied the gear, but Indy was never complete till the Treasure Hunter head arrived.

Ton Ton, I really like the Iris gear on your figure, it's the closest I've seen to the Raiders costume, very well done!

Here is my original custom Indy figure. WAY before any official figures were released. I actually still have it.

Alex Indy 1.jpg

Custom resin head painted which I painted myself.

This is kinda funny, mainly just because of the futzing on my first Indy. :lol

Anyhow here is the first full Indy I put together a few years back, essentially stock SS TOD with their KOTCS jacket and the Jnix head. Current Indy on the right is with the new Iris outfit.

f31a315abf79b39a7b0422803dd61c3b.jpg

Thats pretty incredible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got the V3!
I have to say, it?s beautiful. Incredible likeness and very clean. The hat came out of the box with a flat, straight brim. More like Zorro but I fixed that in literally a minute. Can?t wait to get this thing painted D2339FEF-4784-432C-8D23-583E0559D195.jpeg585B370E-9429-47D8-9193-B76D21DC7446.jpeg
Not sure why it keeps flipping my photos. Sorry :/

Finally got the V3 in and it truly is amazing and better in hand, I definitely now need to get it painted to see how good it looks complete.

Agreed. This sculpt really is spot on. Pics dont really do it justice. Has to be seen in hand.
03f2a6cc6b4bf2e7de5db3c8749b40aa.jpg
e415c2ebe54f4fc4bb4705b6579e1a18.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It's so bizarre that unpainted I can see Raiders in the sculpt, but with every painted sculpt I can only see Last Crusade era older Ford.

Im working on a new base for Indy. Im waiting on some grass tufts to finish it up.
2b3e16caeb7cc8d6392dc2c1b763c79d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back