1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The perfect Indy body is really up to one's own tastes. The TTM19 with switched out arms (narrow shoulder arms) really does the job nicely in my opinion. Ford never had big arms (not even in Temple of Doom). He was always lean and well built, without being bulky. The TTM19 bodies (and all the derivatives of them, including those posted above) often have somewhat bulkier upper arms. Their articulation is also limited.

Also, depending on how you choose to display your Indy will help you choose which body to use. If you want to so with the Streets of Cairo look (no jacket, rolled up shirt sleeves) OR missing sleeve/battle-damage Temple of Doom, the TTM19 looks good. Otherwise, the sculpted arms will be hidden underneath Indy's jacket.

Well, the TTM-19 was used as a body for Wolverine and we know that Hugh Jackman is more buff than Harrison Ford was in his prime. For now I'll stick with the Ezio. This body was also used for one of the James Dean figures and on one of the Goemon figures, though they are all getting rare now. The taller of the two Coomodel bodies shows promise though I'll wait till reviews come out before getting too interested in them.

A point worth noting is that the Ezio has calves with extended ankles and you will need to swap these for standard ones for a correct height.

The coo bodies are up for pre-order on Monkey Depot for $20 a piece :panic:

I'll get two of each just to test 'em out. But if they're winners I'll be stocking up.

The coo bodies are up for pre-order on Monkey Depot for $20 a piece :panic:

I'll get two of each just to test 'em out. But if they're winners I'll be stocking up.

Insane price! Thanks for the heads up.

27cm is only 10 inches

25cm is about 9.8 inches. I'm sure they are measuring from feet to neck post, but even with heads won't the larger one be under 12 inches?

27cm is only 10 inches

25cm is about 9.8 inches. I'm sure they are measuring from feet to neck post, but even with heads won't the larger one be under 12 inches?

No. 27cm is closer to 11 inches than 10 (10.62). Add another 4cm of head and you get to 31cm or about 12.2" - you can see in the image they're measuring to the trapezius.

$20!?

Nice!! You try getting a TT for that now! If the joints are tight these will be winners. Note the shorter ankle posts, hopefully this will make them stable.

The only thing I'd say about the Coo bodies is that it doesn't seem like they have the double jointed elbows, which IMO is important to consider. I like Mr. E's suggestion of the TMM19 with switched out arms that have double jointed elbows if you're going to keep the jacket on.

The only thing I'd say about the Coo bodies is that it doesn't seem like they have the double jointed elbows, which IMO is important to consider. I like Mr. E's suggestion of the TMM19 with switched out arms that have double jointed elbows if you're going to keep the jacket on.

That depends on what poses you want to do, standing heroically doesn't really require much articulation.

That depends on what poses you want to do, standing heroically doesn't really require much articulation.

But I like to PLAY with my dollies! :blissy

But seriously, I like to play with my dollies.

But seriously, a heroic pose of him holding up his pistol or holding the idol work much better when you can bend his elbow more than just 90°.

That damn (lack of) elbow articulation is what bothers me most about HT's Indy (aside from the likeness and guy liner, of course).

The knock-off bodies are usually pretty good. The only problem I've come across with the ones I've gotten is the joints vary in tightness. Sometimes you get some with joints that are nice and tight, sometimes they're a bit loose. There is a body that comes with a fixed neck, but the neck is on the slightly scrawny side, so the figure looks like he's got a pencil-neck.

The coo bodies would be best if you were going for a Raiders look... if not the Banner one is a good option, but maybe a bit too built. I'm still using an Ezio body, the neck is not as nice looking, but the size and articulation is great.

How are the knock off True Types that sell on Ebay? Anyone ever purchase one?

I use them all the time... and in general they're great. I don't really care for the look of the hands (a bit too plasticy) but I've got a lot of spare hands and they're compatible with HT products. For $20 or so shipped they're a no-brainer.

There may be a possibility of fitting other arms, the upper torso looks to be hard plastic which means it'll be screwed together. The design of the legs is modular so you can swap them out, whether or not you can with the arms remains to be seen.

The coo bodies would be best if you were going for a Raiders look... if not the Banner one is a good option, but maybe a bit too built. I'm still using an Ezio body, the neck is not as nice looking, but the size and articulation is great.

From what I've seen of the banner body it looks slighter than the TTM-19 and may actually work well for Indy, but, they're not cheap!

Almost done and I also think the banner is perfect for him til something new comes out.

ga6y8a4u.jpg

Back