1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dino, that TOD Indy looks great! Nice bruises and the Soldier Story body worked great great!

Les, you can get a SS body Here: https://www.redplanettoys.com/rpt_nudes.html
Fifth Tier down second guy in, Soldier Story SFOD-D nude

Hemble, I can't waut to see your rope bridge Indy dio! :naughty

That neck resculpt looks awesome, Paul!

I haven't worked on my Cairo Indy in a few days, taking a break from the head. I did however start my hybrid body for TOD Indy, just gotta wait for Dragon figure to come in.

paulcarson - Great work on the neck joint mate, and how easy was it to remove the fedora?

Les Walker - Yeah the tall fedora is a must on the Raiders figure, I've actually pulled out my Lonnie fedora and have started on my Raiders custom. Thanks for the inspiration mate.

Ron

Hi Ron, thank you ! It was difficult, best to soften it up with some hot water or a hairdryer and gently prise it around the sides until the glue holding the hat comes loose. Or you could remove the lining from your spare fedora that came with the Indy figure and modify that to suit.

I'm really pleased with the work coming in here. As someone mentioned earlier there isn't one custom or repaint that doesn't work ! Its everyone's take on Indy and for a figure we all thought was going to stop us from customising , its actually had the reverse effect. Go figure ? :lol

Thanks to you Les. Its people like yourself that inspire me to try out new things for my figures and I'd be happy to send one of these your way once I've cast it up. ( I may even send two as I could get you to paint the other for me ;) )

Great stuff Guys keep it up !

I took my Indy head and put it in a half filled coffee cup with microwaved hot water. The water needs to just cover the brim when it is immersed upside down, and let it sit for a minute or two. I am talking HOT water here.
Pull it out, and pry from the back with a screwdriver, CAREFULLY, the rubber will resume it's shape where you press into the head, as will the hat, and the hat will be soft. But that sucker is ON THERE TIGHT! So it takes a few dunks in the super hot water, and a couple of wipeoffs with a paper towel, but it works.
Afterwards, let it cool and trim any stickies that were left on the headpost part. Later, the hat will slide on tight, and not be easy to remove again, but it does slide back off. With elbow grease and pulling. No need to glue it again.

That's my method for removing Indy hats.

Fusion Bro's - Excellent TOD indy guys I just hope my 1/6 dio bridge Indy looks that good.

DinoLast - Your TOD indy looks great and I have to admit he Hasbro shirt looks really good.

Les Walker - Yep the taller fedora is perfect mate look forward to seeing the completed figure.

Ron

Thanks, Hemble! That is a huge compliment!:whip

Great picture, but any time I look at it, it looks to me like the idol is...umm...pleasuring Indy.

Yeah, yeah...I'm immature...

Given that the LOTR line is pretty much dead and the Indy line probaby doesn't have much life left in it I am starting to take a greater interest in customizing my collectibles. I would rather have a smaller collection of the very best stuff than a room full of endless acquisitions.

That said, I have never done anything to my figures other than the basic futzing and water bath. I will never repaint on -those will be sent out. But I was hoping that some of you could give me a basic idea on simple things I could do myself to improve my Indy. I was thinking of giving his shirt a tea bath?? Other than that I am lost.

Depends on what effect you want. A tea bath would darken and wrinkle the shirt a bit or in spot application can act as sweat stains. A bit of pastel dust or fullers earth can be used as dirt. There are a bunch of good tips and such in the customs section.

I used a very thin mix of Rit dye, Taupe color, on my Indy shirt. Then I stained it after it dried well, by rewetting it, and brushing in some sweat stains with VERY watered down brown. ALmost too thin to use normally. If it's wet, you can work it in with your fingers some, so there is no hard line at the edges. Stains are tough.
But for color, just a very watered down thin mix of the Rit dye is the best route. IMO.

OK Guys,
so this is my very first WIP Repaint of Indy...
I haven't done the eyes yet, but man!! What a huge difference!
As I said, this is the first time I'm doing a re-paint so bear with me,
any comments and suggestions are more than welcome.
Next step is changing the body!

BTW, a question to any of our talented customizers here, do you use any specific kind of coat after your done repainting a headsculpt?
Which one do you recommend that has a matte finish?

Thanks and enjoy!!

DSC09334.jpg

DSC09335.jpg

DSC09337.jpg

DSC09339.jpg

DSC09340.jpg

I would recommend painting the neck and chest to match the head. The only problem is if it isn't sealed properly it will scrape off. Ben did a really good job with ours.

Played around with some weathering of Indy's jacket.

Medicom jacket.

3442884461_95e39e9f0d_b.jpg

3442884451_a03d9ca743_b.jpg

Sideshow jacket.

3443689986_6498a29acd_b.jpg

3443689972_0989fc8715_b.jpg

Played around with some weathering of Indy's jacket.

Medicom jacket.

3442884461_95e39e9f0d_b.jpg

3442884451_a03d9ca743_b.jpg

Sideshow jacket.

3443689986_6498a29acd_b.jpg

3443689972_0989fc8715_b.jpg

Wow. That Medicom jacket looks great, Tron! I didn't know it could look that good. That Sideshow jacket looks great as well. They each could use a repaint. As you've seen they do wonders for the likeness.

Those are both on BBI G3.5 bodies, right?

Keep up the good work!

Back