1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
newhat004.jpg

The hat on the right looks big because it is larger than the SS one. I just prefer the Raiders taller hat look to the TOD or LC look, as the SS hat is more like. Soften the front pinch a tad, and the SS hat is perfect for Temple and even LC Indy. It is a great hat. No problem with it. I even was gonna go with it for mine, but I keep looking at it, and just need it taller. The brims, put together, are almost the same exact size, believe it or not. The resin one may be a tad thicker of course, but is about the same and is well sculpted by Jim Mattox. It suits the more Australian reworked hat that was used for Raiders, as opposed to the more Stetson look of the other films. I think KOTCS also has a more Raiders like, taller look also. A throwback? Maybe. Makes Ford taller also.

But basically, I just prefer it a tad taller.
The hat as it came from Mattox was a bit stovepipish, too tall, and too fully rounded, but he was on the right track. My variation just reshapes it to where it has deeper holes or infolds, and that sharper, Raiders' front fold, and the deep center top crease which makes it more "butt" shaped on top. The SS one does that, but is just a bit short for Raiders.
I also added a new band and bow, made from medical tape (Thanks for that tip Mr Fusion!) and it worked great. Added the needed thin line detail to it. And, by making it a bit thicker, brings it to the 1/3 hieght line needed (as does the sculpted band on the SS I might add!) to make the hat not look out of proportion. Hence the need for the taller band.

I will get more pics of this one soon. Got to pry the one off my first painted Indy before I can. That or paint up another one, and that will happen soon anyway.

Just one more little tweak to years of Indy tweaks for me. I hope I don't die before I ever finish this figure! :lol Indy keeps on making me change this, or that....it's the fun part though. :banana

Anyway, enjoying all these other Indys. They are looking great! :gun

Looks really good, Dino. I like how you used the Hasbro clothes. They actually look really good. They looked so crappy on the original Hasbro figure.

Did you used a Toy Soldier body? That's what they're called, right?

Looks really good, Dino. I like how you used the Hasbro clothes. They actually look really good. They looked so crappy on the original Hasbro figure.

Did you used a Toy Soldier body? That's what they're called, right?

Yes, I used the soldier story body. I temporarily fixed the head with blue tac because the neck post is very small. I will use some epoxy clay at a later date.
The bag is a Medicom one, I like it for the black strap. And yes I used Hasbro clothes, I just weathered them with chalks to give that dust effect.
I just want to add that your Indy looks good too, I really like the poses that he's doing in the pictures.

DinoLast, do you have Indy's head sitting loose on the neck post? Pull the rubber ring out of Indy's head first. Then peel the Soldier Story adapter out of the head that came with the body and glue it inside Indy's head. Hope this helps. :)

Great use of materials Dinolast! Love the figure! Where on earth does one get those cool bodies? I have not seen one before, and it has the Harrison hunch too! :rock
Great use of a base body. Good figure. Cool attitude in it. He looks pissed and ready to fight Thuggees! :rock

Fusion Bro's - Excellent TOD indy guys I just hope my 1/6 dio bridge Indy looks that good.

DinoLast - Your TOD indy looks great and I have to admit he Hasbro shirt looks really good.

Les Walker - Yep the taller fedora is perfect mate look forward to seeing the completed figure.

Ron

Great use of materials Dinolast! Love the figure! Where on earth does one get those cool bodies? I have not seen one before, and it has the Harrison hunch too! :rock
Great use of a base body. Good figure. Cool attitude in it. He looks pissed and ready to fight Thuggees! :rock

Thank's Les, it means alot to get a complement from the master himself.
I saw how good those Soldier Story bodies looked on OneSixthWarriors so I did a search on ebay. Got a really good price for one.

Fusion Bro's - Excellent TOD indy guys I just hope my 1/6 dio bridge Indy looks that good.

DinoLast - Your TOD indy looks great and I have to admit he Hasbro shirt looks really good.

Les Walker - Yep the taller fedora is perfect mate look forward to seeing the completed figure.

Ron

Thanks Hemble,
I'm a massive fan of your Indy customs.
:whip:whip:whip

Hemble rocks! :rock
And thanks also for agreeing with me. I think it suits the Raiders look better myself.

FYI, I am trying to make that Fedora available. Many have asked and PMed me about it. If I can get it cast, I will offer it here. But limited. Painted and un.
Thanks for the kind words on it. I know I like it better, but wasn't sure anyone else would!

And thanks also for agreeing with me. I think it suits the Raiders look better myself.

FYI, I am trying to make that Fedora available. Many have asked and PMed me about it. If I can get it cast, I will offer it here. But limited. Painted and un.
Thanks for the kind words on it. I know I like it better, but wasn't sure anyone else would!

It's really the only thing I was let down by on the SS figure. The hat is good, but yours is great. Can't wait to see if you can get it cast.

Thanks for the kind words on it. I know I like it better, but wasn't sure anyone else would
!

I would SOOO be down for that Les. Would definitely take my Indy's to that next level!

:gun

You can add me to that list too please Les ! I'd love to have a variant to switch out with the other german disguise Indy head we're getting .

GREAT work Paul! I need one too! LOL!
And it will take the two hats. Great thinking and super execution on it.

I have noted those that want my hat, thanks. I will start a new thread regarding this just as soon as I know for sure I can get them done, and when. Thanks guys. Just addin to the fun!

This is one of my favorite threads here. Always cool new Indy stuff to see and drool over! :whip

STILL drooling over that Warrior038 photo though...the poster one...wow...

paulcarson - Great work on the neck joint mate, and how easy was it to remove the fedora?

Les Walker - Yeah the tall fedora is a must on the Raiders figure, I've actually pulled out my Lonnie fedora and have started on my Raiders custom. Thanks for the inspiration mate.

Ron

Back