1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On every bash I've seen that has used the SSC head it has looked just right to me. I have tried other heads, but, the SSC is the one I come back to.

Have to agree, I tried the shrunk PF, ( thought the expression looked kinda strange in 1:6) the HT sculpt repainted (just cannot convince myself it looks enough like Ford), and the WGP sculpt (just looked too " pin headed" for me) and keep coming back to my repainted SS sculpt.

I do keep thinking about making the hat taller, but, if I mess it up, I'm down a hat with no others that will fit. On its own, the hat looks odd, but, when I put it on the head, somehow it works.

EDIT:

Actually, just checked the one with the liner, and, with a bit of careful modding, it could be made to fit, so, with that in mind we do have a spare hat!

Last edited:
For me, that looks far too small and would look pin headed on a body with the rest of the gear on. The hat looks better proportioned, but, aside from that, I'm just not sure. Whenever I've posed my SSC head on the figure it just looks so right. When I tried my WGP head on it, try as hard as I might I just couldn't like it.

You could be right, difficult to tell without a full paint-up. But I will say this: the bbkill Ford head, small as it is, is still slightly bigger than the HT head. Check the pics, you can see where the chin-mouth-nose-eyes line up and see that bbkill's is larger.

I also agree that the SS Trev head looks really spot on size-wise on the HT body.

The one thing that the BBKill Deckard sculpt reminds me of, particularly with the hat on, is the Medicom KOTCS sculpt. At least with the Trev head, as I said before, the spare hat with the liner could be modded to fit and have the crown modded, thus leaving the hat the head comes with as a spare should anything go wrong. That's a real win where my figure is concerned.

Cool,

The spare hat can be used on the hatted head! Obviously you have to pry the other hat off first, which can be done, with care and patience. Then you can pull the liner out of the spare hat and adjust it to sit and fit on the head. I put mine in a microwave (900W) for 1 1/2 minutes. This makes the vinyl nice and pliable and you can sit the hat on his head. I then carved away a bit of the inside edge of the where the inner crown meets the brim and reheated it till I was happy with the sit and the brim shape. Once you are happy you can then, with the hat still on the head, run the hat under the cold tap. This quickly cools the vinyl of the hat and it stays in shape.

Now I have a hat I can modify the crown on and I still have the other in reserve if I go wrong. I actually think the spare sits and fits better than the other does.

I have a flathead screwdriver that's bent at the end and I pried it off by inserting it under the brim at the back and it came away more easily the more you worked it. You just have to go slowly and carefully.

That's what I figured. I'd like to remove the fedora on the SS KOTCS sculpt without doing any damage. As much as I dislike the movie, I do like the SS fridge as a display piece.

I was rummaging through crap... found an old Horizon Model Indy head... and an extra hat... what do you guys think?? It's a lousy paintjob, and a lousy photo... but whatcha think size-wise??? it's on the HT head... but I want to try it on the Trev head... cause it is SO superior!!!

HorizonIndy.jpg

Hmmm, not bad,

I always thought the old Horizon kit was 1/5, but, maybe not. I do know you can get *cough* recasts *cough* of the kit on eBay for less than you might pay for an SSC or HT hat alone. Be warned though that recasts are nearly always smaller.

IMO, even just getting creative with lighting to add more shadow detail brings new life to a sculpt. I can only imagine what this could look like with a repaint, let alone with a more accurate sculpt also well painted. That's a stock HT Indy below.

I was rummaging through crap... found an old Horizon Model Indy head... and an extra hat... what do you guys think?? It's a lousy paintjob, and a lousy photo... but whatcha think size-wise??? it's on the HT head... but I want to try it on the Trev head... cause it is SO superior!!!

View attachment 93613

That looks like the Hot Toys head if it didn't have the PERS.

Back