1/6 Hot Toys - WW1984 - Wonder Woman (Golden Armor) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that's what a lot of people are doing. They're gonna reuse this sculpt and slap it on her classic outfit, which will be the one to get.

wonder-woman-1984-whats-the-new-release-date-and-other-exciting-things-about-the-upcoming-movie.jpg

Yep, that's what I was thinking too if they actually make that version. There would have to be something to set her apart I guess though. Some sort of accessory or something.

My sentiments also.

It?s for sure a nice looking figure, but I?m just not really big on the outfit and I can?t say I?m overly excited for the film itself, either. 2017 WW I was looking forward to being that it was WW?s first installment in the DCEU and I liked the TA. Plus, being that it followed BvS, which I personally really liked, I was on the DCEU train at the time. Now that they?re just one mess of a universe right now and the right hands of the execs at WB don?t know what the left hand is doing, I?m not really excited for anything DC at the moment.

I haven?t even seen Phoenix?s Joker film yet, tbh. I?m sure it?s good, but I just don?t like the fact that these separate films almost seem to be being made because they can?t pull their heads out of their collective asses and figure out how to make a cohesive universe with all their characters. I don?t really like the fact that they seemingly have all these separate film universes going on for their characters simultaneously.

Yeah it's definitely a confusing mess right now, and I wish more than ever that the studio had kept the faith in Snyder's vision, as despite some issues I thought he got off to a really strong start with MOS, BVS and WW. Maybe the tone could have been lightened up a tiny bit, but now they've gone so far in the other direction with Aquaman, Shazam and BOP all being done in this super cheesy, cartoonish style that I just don't find compelling at all.

That said, I'm still excited for WW84 and all the fun 80s nostalgia surrounding it, and just the chance to see Gadot play the character again. Although it's been pushed back so often now I do worry that it won't be able to live up to the hype. Since it was clearly just meant to be another standalone adventure and not some huge, epic event.

Zero reason to order from Sideshow anymore to be honest. Unless if you have reward points to kill. Tax + overpriced shipping sucks now. Standard comes out to like $350.

Better to just buy from toysbuyingagent nowadays. $275 + shipping for standard.

Yup they're all I ever plan to use now. Deluxe is about $335 shipped after you apply their discount.

Well crap. This went from "instant pre-order" to WTF, THAT MUCH??!!

For that price, unless I absolute love this movie and everything about the scenes with the armor, easy pass. Hopefully they give us a regular costume and updated head for something slightly more sane. Prices like this will force some of us to focus on only line. Sucks v

While waiting on the release of the completed figure, Hot Toys should do a trade-in program for headsculpts. Send in your BvS or JL headsculpt and they?ll send you this new headsculpt along with a note card stating, ?At Hot Toys, we can be better, we will be better.?

Do not see Hot Toys ever doing that.

Asmus offered customers an option to buy just their improved 2.0 headsculpts separately for their Lord of the Rings line, when those figures were upgraded - I think for their Slim and Crown lines of LOTR.

That is a good consumer friendly alternative to rebuying the entire figure again.

Usually I like to see the movie first before preordering but this figure looks so good, I think I am going to take the leap of faith and order.

Tempted to get two (Deluxe and Standard), to pose WW with the helmet/wings and one figure without like Gal has been featured looking like in the promo photos. Not cheap though, $660.

First world problems. [emoji23]

I'll watch the movie 1st and then decide. It looks really good and will stand out with those wings. $360 is to much but i still think $260 is way to much for any of these things that said if i really want it i will get it.

Do not see Hot Toys ever doing that.

Asmus offered customers an option to buy just their improved 2.0 headsculpts separately for their Lord of the Rings line, when those figures were upgraded - I think for their Slim and Crown lines of LOTR.

That is a good consumer friendly alternative to rebuying the entire figure again.

My headsculpt exchange program idea started out as sarcasm but as an outlandish plea to Hot Toys, here goes nothing...

#ReleaseTheGalGadotSculpt

*ooof* $300+ for this thing?! what was a maybe is now definitely a no-go. Great looking figure but jeez! That's just too expensive just b/c this thing has some wings.

Yeah it's definitely a confusing mess right now, and I wish more than ever that the studio had kept the faith in Snyder's vision, as despite some issues I thought he got off to a really strong start with MOS, BVS and WW. Maybe the tone could have been lightened up a tiny bit, but now they've gone so far in the other direction with Aquaman, Shazam and BOP all being done in this super cheesy, cartoonish style that I just don't find compelling at all.

That said, I'm still excited for WW84 and all the fun 80s nostalgia surrounding it, and just the chance to see Gadot play the character again. Although it's been pushed back so often now I do worry that it won't be able to live up to the hype. Since it was clearly just meant to be another standalone adventure and not some huge, epic event.

Yeah, my sentiments also.

Despite being in the minority, I personally liked what Snyder was doing with the characters and the stories being told for them and their arcs. MoS, BvS (UE) and WW I agree was a strong start. SS I thought kind of sucked, but eh, that didn’t really tarnish what was going on with the other characters at all to me. Then JL came out after WW and it was almost a complete 180 in tone and direction from what was already set up in the previous installments, and it all started unraveling after the poor reception to that film and WB panicked.

Despite the complaints about MoS and BvS being too serious, they would have been better off imo just staying the course. Batman isn’t a jokester in any way and the “Yep, something’s definitely bleeding” type of quips just didn’t work with him. It just shows WB didn’t know what they wanted to do and were always having knee jerk reactions. The Aquaman film I personally thought was a pretty good blend of humor while still maintaining the serious tone they had established for the universe; the humor didn’t feel as out of place as it did in JL. Same with WW. Serious tone still, but the humor worked because she was essentially the DCEU version of Thor in the sense that like him, she didn’t understand basic customs or jargon.

My headsculpt exchange program idea started out as sarcasm but as an outlandish plea to Hot Toys, here goes nothing...

#ReleaseTheGalGadotSculpt

Free upgraded headsculpt included with a subscription to HBO MAX. [emoji1787]

Back