1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sharing my work in progress. I replaced the cape and applied some weathering effects on the shin guards and gauntlets. I am planning to make some battle damage effects on the rubber suit but I'm a little worried about meesing it up.

201e4975d3bceb35e8fc9135440181cb.jpg

f1d8e75420355db51b710f31983b24b8.jpg

0c03637673bff5e6f695358d0c7fb4ca.jpg

77c54170d2f2213566173052fef3cf49.jpg

9dcf4d57eefd7c7be80028db63da7e2c.jpg

9f34e4a453507e8dd9a8a77b2e4068d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Thanks to Hastings liquidation sale, I was able to pick this guy up for 40% off retail. Which came out to $137.99 plus tax.

I had been watching to see if it sold at the 20-30 % price drops and it didn't so I scooped it up once they went to 40%. I wasn't willing to wait until they dropped to 50% as I didn't think it would stick around that long.

Even with the stock cape and articulation shortcomings, he's still an awesome figure.

Thanks to Hastings liquidation sale, I was able to pick this guy up for 40% off retail. Which came out to $137.99 plus tax.

I had been watching to see if it sold at the 20-30 % price drops and it didn't so I scooped it up once they went to 40%. I wasn't willing to wait until they dropped to 50% as I didn't think it would stick around that long.

Even with the stock cape and articulation shortcomings, he's still an awesome figure.

That is an awesome price! Of course his articulation is somewhat limited in certain areas, but the quality of the sculpt, paint, and accessories are really terrific. Enjoy!

I really wish they would make the Joker to go with this.
Yes please. I would like a good 1/6th Joker, but Ledger ones are too expensive now, I don't want a Leto, Romero is a bit too campy to match my BvS Batman, and that would leave an Arkham Joker. Which I still believe is the way to save the Leto Joker.

Yes please. I would like a good 1/6th Joker, but Ledger ones are too expensive now, I don't want a Leto, Romero is a bit too campy to match my BvS Batman, and that would leave an Arkham Joker. Which I still believe is the way to save the Leto Joker.

I still think Willem Defoe should have played the Joker in the DCCU!

ed925a36e38079446365435dd2fede3a.png

I just checked if this guy's still available on Sideshow, and yes it is -- with free shipping for those in the US.

It was also just now when I revisited the prototype pics that I realized that the proto had a 1-piece suit like DX09 1989 Keaton Batman. The trunks was sculpted and painted on but is actually part of the suit. Good thing HT decided to made it a separate piece, with both thighs moving freely. Gave more articulation and less bunching up on the rubber suit :)

902249-batman-arkham-city-011.jpg

I just checked if this guy's still available on Sideshow, and yes it is -- with free shipping for those in the US.

It was also just now when I revisited the prototype pics that I realized that the proto had a 1-piece suit like DX09 1989 Keaton Batman. The trunks was sculpted and painted on but is actually part of the suit. Good thing HT decided to made it a separate piece, with both thighs moving freely. Gave more articulation and less bunching up on the rubber suit :)

902249-batman-arkham-city-011.jpg

I wish they had made the cape more like it is in this picture. The way it comes over the shoulder, and the way it drapes (tracing the form of the shoulder) here is a very nice effect. The production version has a bit too much bulk to it.

I think because of how the cowl was glued on the final product. In the proto it looks like the cowl neck can move like how the bvs batman cowl moves.
Below you see that the bottom of the cowl sits way higher on the final, then it does on the picture above.
c3a0357bb39716dd8a8667e46e91dced.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible to remove the legs from the body? Is it a regular ball in socket joint, or is it fixed in place? I wanted to tighten them up since there's not enough resistance in the forward backward motion.

Since no one responded... could someone tell me if the rubber torso of the suit extends to his underoos? I had seen this pic and I believe I can get into the joint housing to tighten it if I got the underoos off.

55SKPUN.jpg

Back