1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

I think if they changed the suit fabric from that rubber it would look a lot better. Surely an Arnie body would be big enough to represent Batman's physique in the game?
They do need to make changes just like they did with ASM2.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

I don't get whats wrong with the rubber suit... I just see everything wrong with the head and the pose and gawd, who the hell set up this thing lol.

As far as the rubber suit goes, my biggest worry is regarding durability. I don't want a rotten figure, but, as far as people calling for fabric and saying that the rubber is ruining the aesthetic, I disagree. I think HT needs to revamp it, as far as the fit goes; tighten it up around the stomach and legs, and trim down the undies a bit so they aren't as diapery, but, texturally, I think it's a far closer match to the games than anything you can accomplish with fabric.

There's absolutely no way this figure will be accurate or fixed without a complete suit overhaul. This is how the figure should look but it's nowhere close to that, nor will it be as long as that rubber suit remains.

a0c9638269554df572d7c0b37bbee676.jpg
They did an overhaul with ASM 2 Spider-Man. The prototype look liked a Medicom figure, but the finished product is pretty solid.

We've still got some time, and this should get HT's attention.

This is the exact same figure, down to the paint scratches on the bat emblem, so it'll have the same issues if not additional issues from all the handling and exhibitions it has been to....

I for one am still excited for the final version of the figure, and hope it looks better in person and less "flabby" .... Fingers crossed for some improvement

There's absolutely no way this figure will be accurate or fixed without a complete suit overhaul. This is how the figure should look but it's nowhere close to that, nor will it be as long as that rubber suit remains.

a0c9638269554df572d7c0b37bbee676.jpg

The doll looks nothing like this, it looks flabby and a lot of that is to do with the rubber suit, but the sculpt is off too. He just looks musclebound. They didn't achieve this look. They need to rework this figure because if the doll looked like the game then this would absolutely ****ing rock.

The doll looks nothing like this, it looks flabby and a lot of that is to do with the rubber suit, but the sculpt is off too. He just looks musclebound. They didn't achieve this look. They need to rework this figure because if the doll looked like the game then this would absolutely ****ing rock.

The figure is flabby. It should instead have the cartoonish muscularity depicted in the videogame. I mean, he's supposed to be built like a linebacker, not like a chunky dude who's cosplaying.

will hot toys do the same with batmans suit, like they did with (spidermans 2) suit??

Let's just bombard Hot Toys with:
he's FLABBY!
and hopefully Hot Toys will give him a second look....and hopefully place a newly developed body underneath that supports the muscles of that suit

Off:
FLABBINESS from distortion in suit (needs tighter fitting outfit over big muscular body like superman)
Small gauntlets, needs to cover most of forearm to elbows
Brief size...I know they're big, supposed to be bigger than comic versions, (but might be accentuated by the fact his belt it usually high and gauntlets look tiny)

On:
Head
Belt
Colors

Taller shinguards too. Someone photoshopped it a while ago. Anyone has that pic? Damn.

If this stays the way it is, I foresee a huge depreciation value for this. Heck, I don't think I'll keep the figure if it stays this way.

Clicked on the thread title instead of 'Last' and saw the first line of the official description for this figure:

As a celebration for Batman’s 75th anniversary,

:rotfl I'd hate to see what Hot Toys would do to a character they hated.

I think we'll just get Batman and The Joker from this line. HT have so much going on with other licenses and with Avengers 2 coming up next year and Star Wars now, I don't think they're going to delve to far into this line.

As this is from a game rather than a film, I would imagine there is a smaller fanbase overall.

Actually, Age of Ultron doesn't drop until next year. Any DC property won't debut until 2016. That leaves it WIDE open for any Arkham Knight figure to pop up. Plus, even now, there's a lot of Arkham Knight-related merchandise that's been revealed. Mattel, DC Collectibles, even Triforce and Play Arts all have Arkham Knight merchandise. It's going to be aggressive marketing by WB. I doubt Hot Toys is that far behind.

But with this figure...it really needs to go back to the drawing board, but I believe it will be rushed out.

You aren't kidding. I love that you can literally see the grey stomach between the bottom of the belt and the trunks.:lol

Maybe its just the belt? I mean the DX11 belt never fit right either, this one just looks too high. If it was seated lower A) the undies would look smaller and B) the torso would look longer and therefore more accurate.

Im fine with the figure looking the way it does, but its not accurate either.

Just had a good laugh reading the comments posted after the Kingdom Come photos. The complaints were sad but true. Hopefully this guy gets an overhaul like Spidey. That figure went from "meh" to "I need that" after seeing the final product.

I don't know. The more and more I see this figure and the more that time passes, I am cooling off to him and really don't see myself getting him. Just not feeling it right now. :dunno

Hot Toys - VGM18 - Arkham City: Batman

I was incredibly disappointed with what they've shown from the beginning.
Really hope that they'll completely rework the suit and upscale the palms and gauntlets.

Re: Hot Toys - VGM18 - Arkham City: Batman

I was incredibly disappointed with what they've shown from the beginning.
Really hope that they'll completely rework the suit and upscale the palms and gauntlets.

If only they both wore the same gloves, they could switch Ichabod Crane's hands and Batman's and one of those problems would be solved.:lol

Back