1/6 Hot Toys - TMS116 - Ahsoka series: Grand Admiral Thrawn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might not care next week. Figure hype fades quickly.
That was Kuill for me. When he released I was all in. Now, even though he is a great figure, I lost interest. Other figures got announced that take precedence. Also, I’m completely out of space.

Perhaps, if it was related only to this Ahsoka series, but most of these figures I'm getting just as much out of my love for Rebels. Which is a love that never dies.
I'm in the same boat. These releases are the closest we'll have to Rebels and I couldn't be happier.

I may have different opinions about releases strictly from Ahsoka.

Ezra, for example. Eman Esfandi did an amazing Ezra but I'm not at that point where I'm connected to him as I was with Ezra in Rebels. Not to say that there won't be a time where I will. It's just not at that point yet.

I've liked Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka from the beginning but it wasn't until the Shadow Warrior episode where that connection was finally made to her Clone Wars and Rebels character.

Looks good. I enjoyed the show but I’m on the fence for now. Mainly for the sake of my wallet and lack of space. I’ll think on it again in about 6 months.

feel the same was as Chopper Face.

bo-Katan for one is a figure I will sell as Mando S3 killed the her off to me.

I haven’t seen Rebels nor read the Thrawn books so to me he’s an inept laughing stock from the woeful TV show that is Ahsoka.

IMG_4623.jpeg

Imagine how disinterested you'll be with this in 2 years when its finally delivered?

Very true for one off characters and those with vastly different costumes in subsequent appearances.

They‘ll tweak his appearance but this figure will still work in the future. Plus Thrawn is a popular character with a long history making this a dream figure for some.

And most importantly, while we don’t know what LFL’s release schedule will be like, Thrawn will either have appeared in/announced for other projects by then so he’ll still be relevant.

They know Thrawn is a fan favorite. He’s going to be everywhere for a while. It’d be a waste if not.

I bet he will look good next to Gideon, Tarkin and Krenic (provided the tatty patch can be removed from the suit).

Hope we will soon get Veers in his snazzy Imperial armour.

Yeah, I always wanted to put Thrawn with the other officers if they made him. Glad it’s happening.

The patch looks pretty ingrained on the prototype but for ease of production it’d make more sense for it to be some kind of appliqué. So hopefully it won’t be difficult, but at least it’s not super noticeable.

It’d be nice if the other accoutrements were easily removable as well to be able to get more white uniforms.

Another great looking headsculpt And excellent outfit as always I have the sideshow thrawn with chair and won’t be getting this one.
I love the old eu thrawn and the sideshow one is a better representation of him but hot toys are smashing the detail on these sculpts now

I’ve been really impressed with these Ahsoka figures. The portraits are top-notch. However, even being a Rebels fan I’m still holding true to troopers only for my HT. But wow, this blue guy looks impressive. Most impressive.

I knew before I even saw the first episode that Baylan would steal the show.

Will definitely get his figure.
If ithe portrait turns out like these others, I may snag him. So cool seeing him on the statue at the end. Such potential for that character. So sad so see Ray go at an early age.

Back