1/6 Hot Toys - TMS113 - Ahsoka series: Hera Syndulla

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks fantastic, my only complaint, but it also goes back to the show, is that the details in the Lekku are so light and barely noticeable.

Not sure I need Hera in my collection though, but HT continues to nail alien/droid related sculpts, she will stand out on any shelf due to being so unique.

Now about Aayla Secura...
I would love to add a Hot Toys Aayla Secura to my collection!

I normally wouldn't consider this figure as I'm trying to mostly just stick to OT but if it comes out this lifelike in production it would be really difficult to resist Hera plus Chopper.

I don't know if I can get a figure with so much pleather on it anymore. My TFA era figures with pleather jackets have deteriorated pleather all over them. Admittedly, those weren't stored in the best spots, but it's disheartening seeing these figures in such a poor state. I'm just lucky that whatever they used for the Vader figures is holding together.

Looks fantastic, my only complaint, but it also goes back to the show, is that the details in the Lekku are so light and barely noticeable.

Not sure I need Hera in my collection though, but HT continues to nail alien/droid related sculpts, she will stand out on any shelf due to being so unique.

Now about Aayla Secura...
Seriously....after that Kit Fisto proto I was sooooo hoping we'd get some of the Jedi...very disappointed that never dropped. Aayla needs to happen. I'd love a Plo too...pretty much the whole council. Maybe they're waiting on the RoTS anniversary

This looks pretty amazing to me. Wild that it's only $20 more than Chopper.
Yes I wasn't expecting that good of a price. I was expecting higher with the perfect sculpt, moveable eyes, great tailoring, new body (I assume). Or maybe Chopper is just too much for a small droid figure. Oh I know what it is. I've been accustomed to the prices of my recent pre-orders, the 3 Artisans and the Inart Cavill Superman. So Hera's $260 is a steal!

Let’s hope HT keeps using them! Two of their best sculpts ever. Really enjoying this newfound desire to improve, likely brought on by InArt’s competition. HT was getting stagnant so they needed a rival to ignite that fire of passion again.
I can see that with the DC figures. But I don't think Inart will be producing Star Wars or Marvel, so we only have Hot Toys for those licenses right now.

Last edited:
Mine is holding up. I haven’t yet had any pleather issues with any of my figures. I live in a very mild climate with low humidity. I keep all my figures away from direct sunlight in cabinets.
Not to say that pleather issues aren’t real and I would prefer real leather but sometimes I do feel like some people over blow pleather problems.

The only figure where it’s been a slight issue is my T-800 from T1 (MMS238). I have lots of figures with pleather boots or belts and no issues that I’ve noticed.

I live in the Midwest and climate is either hot in the summer or cold and wet in the winter. My figures aren’t directly in sunlight but there is a window in the room that hits on them at times.

Cool seeing more aliens from hot toys, but where is thrawn? Still haven't seen the show yet, due to lack of internet.

Cool seeing more aliens from hot toys, but where is thrawn? Still haven't seen the show yet, due to lack of internet.
Patience. He should be arriving in an acceptable timeframe. Sabine, Chopper, and Hera were all revealed early on and Thrawn wasn’t. They’ll probably get to him in a few months. He’s far too popular to make us wait Krennic lengths of time.

We may have to wait through a new Ahsoka, Baylan, Shin, HK droids, Marrock, or even Morgan before they get to Thrawn and the Night Troopers.

Capt Enoch and Night trooper 2pak!
I’d be surprised if they do anything past the troopers and Thrawn. They might even wait for season 2 Thrawn or better yet, movie Thrawn.
I do want Marrok and Huyang tho!

The head sculpt on Hera is beautiful but this figure suffers from too much pleather, not being all that exciting as a toy and the character being not well written in the show. Those combined will make it a tough sell to majority of collectors. Only those who are nostalgic for Rebels will be likely to order

Actually, I’ve ordered a lot of stuff (including this) even though I’ve never seen the animated stuff, could care less about the Disney stuff, and hated those sucky prequels (and garbage sequels) — just because it’s Star Wars, and I can “pretend” they are different from what first Lucas (with the prequels) and then Disney have ruined outside of the original trilogy. She s a Twi’lek, and the figure looks good, and that’s really all that matters to me.

Actually, I’ve ordered a lot of stuff (including this) even though I’ve never seen the animated stuff, could care less about the Disney stuff, and hated those sucky prequels (and garbage sequels) — just because it’s Star Wars, and I can “pretend” they are different from what first Lucas (with the prequels) and then Disney have ruined outside of the original trilogy. She s a Twi’lek, and the figure looks good, and that’s really all that matters to me.
Good to hear. I think you are in the minority though, many will likely skip it. I would be tempted simply because it is a really well made figure and I like he actress but it is pleather heavy so I likely skip it myself but get the head+body loose

Good to hear. I think you are in the minority though, many will likely skip it. I would be tempted simply because it is a really well made figure and I like he actress but it is pleather heavy so I likely skip it myself but get the head+body loose
Oddly enough, I have all my figures in a controlled environment, and haven’t had any issues with pleather rot, or seamless figures cracking. It really does help immensely if you can control the temp, humidity and block out direct sunlight completely all year round. The only time I’ve had issues with pleather is when I order something “used” that hasn’t been in a controlled environment, and then after the uncontrolled transport, falls apart the moment I open it. New stuff seems to be okay. Frankly, if you live somewhere where you can’t do all that, you’re wasting your money buying this stuff.

Capt Enoch and Night trooper 2pak!
I’d be surprised if they do anything past the troopers and Thrawn. They might even wait for season 2 Thrawn or better yet, movie Thrawn.
I do want Marrok and Huyang tho!
I honestly can see them going pretty deep with this line - Hasbro already.

I’d say for sure:
-Thrawn
-Ezra
-Baylan
-Shin
-Captain Enoch
-Huyang
-Nighttrooper(s)
-Ahsoka the White

Likely:
-Marrock
-Night Death Trooper(s)
-HK Droid(s)
-Morgan (as an exclusive)
-Anakin in some form
-Young Ahsoka

Long shots
-Great Mothers
-Lothal hologram outfit Ezra
-Wolse creatures

I think this line will do pretty well. There are plenty of fans of the show, plus all the nostalgia from Rebels. I’m actually surprised they released Hera this early. I think Ahsoka and Thrawn are definitely coming soon, along with the Night Trooper and Enoch. They’d be crazy not to do Baylon and Shin because they are such fan favorites. I also really want an Ezra figure, and of course Huyang. If they do all this, then I’ll be totally happy. But I will probably end up buying anything else they release, especially if they do padawan Ahsoka.

It's a shame Zeb was left out of the first season. If he makes it into the second season, presuming that gets made, we probably won't see his Hot Toys figure until around 2027. :impatient:

Mandalorian Zeb, you're our only hope. Howard did say he liked The Mandalorian.

Oddly enough, I have all my figures in a controlled environment, and haven’t had any issues with pleather rot, or seamless figures cracking. It really does help immensely if you can control the temp, humidity and block out direct sunlight completely all year round. The only time I’ve had issues with pleather is when I order something “used” that hasn’t been in a controlled environment, and then after the uncontrolled transport, falls apart the moment I open it. New stuff seems to be okay. Frankly, if you live somewhere where you can’t do all that, you’re wasting your money buying this stuff.
I actually have that: controlled temp and humidity plus the room doesn't just have blinds and curtains on the only window closed to block sunlight but also anti UV film on the glass too. Pleather still deteriorates. slower sure but still deteriorates faster than most materials.

Back