1/6 Hot Toys - TMS113 - Ahsoka series: Hera Syndulla

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would too but they seem to have shied away from leather. Maybe they found it too costly. And working with the grain to scale is a challenge.

They've done leather-like texture printed on more durable materials which is preferable to their old style pleather. We can only hope it's something like that.

At the very least, the quality of their pleather did improve over the years. This figure will likely require maintenance though.
It's one thing to maintain or repair pleather when it's just holsters or straps, boots etc but an entire jacket is a bit much. If I wanted this figure I'd consider getting a customiser to make a proper leather jacket to replace this pleather thing.

Since Mando is now working with Carson Teva and the New Republic, I wonder if there are plans for Hera to appear in season 4. It would certainly make a lot of sense.

On another topic, I kind of want a Jacen figure to go with Hera and Chopper. Has Hot Toys ever made a figure of a child before? I know it's a longshot...

Evidently HT no longer believes in makeup; remember how they did that new Supergirl. The most universally-panned figure I think I've ever seen, second only to Doc Ock.

This is a pretty figure and tempting if only because we get so few aliens. But luckily expensive enough to not be an impulse purchase. That money should instead go towards my Fordo custom, this is the way.

Hot Toys really nails aliens. I think the little bit of uncanny valley that happens with humans gets entirely removed with something, well, nonhuman. That leaves only the realism.

How was TFA Han's pleather jacket holding to now ? Any noticeable signs of deterioration recorded so far ?

How was TFA Han's pleather jacket holding to now ? Any noticeable signs of deterioration recorded so far ?
Mine is holding up. I haven’t yet had any pleather issues with any of my figures. I live in a very mild climate with low humidity. I keep all my figures away from direct sunlight in cabinets.

Mine is still good. But I live in a very dry climate.
Mine is holding up. I haven’t yet had any pleather issues with any of my figures. I live in a very mild climate with low humidity. I keep all my figures away from direct sunlight in cabinets.
then I think this figure is probably doing fine. There has been no concrete evidence up to now, but I have this innate feeling that the materials have been drastically upgraded during these recent years.

Let’s hope HT keeps using them! Two of their best sculpts ever. Really enjoying this newfound desire to improve, likely brought on by InArt’s competition. HT was getting stagnant so they needed a rival to ignite that fire of passion again.
Viva Lai did Krennic as well, super talented sculptor.

Same here. The only figures I've ever had pleather issues with were third party figures I bought second-hand off ebay. All my HT stuff still holds up perfectly well.

IMG_4063.jpeg

It's one thing to maintain or repair pleather when it's just holsters or straps, boots etc but an entire jacket is a bit much. If I wanted this figure I'd consider getting a customiser to make a proper leather jacket to replace this pleather thing.

I agree, a custom leather jacket would certainly be very nice to have. Though while I’m not a fan of pleather, maintaining a jacket is no more difficult than the rest.

Getting the pleather conditioner on the jacket is easier because it’s large and flat. I put pleather conditioner on the TFA Han jacket and it took it really well, making it very supple. Takes no real additional effort if you’re already doing the rest.

A pleather jacket can also potentially be less vulnerable than the boots or a holster. Pleather tends to start peeling from stress points. Pinched areas from boots and pistols in holsters can lead to cracking.

So yeah, not ideal if it’s all pleather but manageable. And I do think the materials have been improved. But it’d be nice if they only used molded plastic, actual leather, and leather texture printed textiles.

Last edited:
Looks fantastic, my only complaint, but it also goes back to the show, is that the details in the Lekku are so light and barely noticeable.

Not sure I need Hera in my collection though, but HT continues to nail alien/droid related sculpts, she will stand out on any shelf due to being so unique.

Now about Aayla Secura...

Back