1/6 Hot Toys - TMS112 - Ahsoka series: Chopper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@MyenShi I’m not looking at it like if we would have got more, they would’ve charged more. I think they are charging regular price and taking things away! Not gonna pass but imma order and hold my nose a little bit 🤔

I don’t really have attachment to any of the characters from Rebels/Ahsoka as I haven’t watched either in full yet. Still need to get through them both eventually. Chopper has a memorable enough look but not a pre-order at this point.

@MyenShi I’m not looking at it like if we would have got more, they would’ve charged more. I think they are charging regular price and taking things away! Not gonna pass but imma order and hold my nose a little bit 🤔

I don’t feel anything is being taken away from us per se. It's just the way figure sets are designed to fit within their price ranges. Which I don’t begrudge; just business. I don’t know if it’ll make you feel better about the price, but I genuinely believe it could’ve been worse.

Around $250 is just the new norm for a bare minimum figure (like troopers). Which was like $220 a few years ago. It’s not that bad of an increase, relatively speaking.

Otherwise a head sculpt and/or a few additional accessories brings us to the $270-300 range. A fancy sounding gimmick (like diecast or wool hair now) artificially inflates it to the $350-400 range.

Nothing we can really do except hold our noses like you said or be more selective. It’s not ideal, but figures that feel like good deals have become increasingly scarce anyway.

I understand it’s also down to how you feel about the character. I love droids and Chopper so being able to get a proper, licensed, detailed 1/6 figure is a dream which meant there was no doubt or hesitation about getting it.

Last edited:
IMG_3327.jpeg

To me the issue is the arms should be articulated, not swap out.

Still 100% a buy, but missed opportunity. Along with a rebels coloured swap out leg and flying flame and base

Still 100% a buy, but missed opportunity. Along with a rebels coloured swap out leg and flying flame and base
The wrists do an impossible 90 degree bend for the design, hence the swap out. I think the rest of it is articulated. The “shoulders” can also bend pretty far based on the promo pics.

This is the pivot they have to work with if the wrist was functional.
1695964832274.jpeg

Last edited:
By that logic, Huyang is gonna rival my Iron Man figs but be all plastic! 😵‍💫
I remember when I bought my first $300 figure. Lights, sounds, metal. It was glorious.
I don’t know, just something rotten in Denmark. Things cost what they cost. I get that. Just feeling a little gouged here. My points should make it go down a bit easier.
That said, I’m glad they are making him. Can’t wait to add to my droid collection.

The specs say the arms are articulated. It's the 'wrists' and 'hands' that are swap out?

• Two (2) pairs of articulated mechanical arms including:
  • One (1) pair of normal mechanical arms
  • One (1) pair of gesture mechanical arms

Wait. Where's bottom half of Hera?

The more pressing question is "where's top half of Hera?"

If we're still asking that in ten years then it'll be time to give up hope for her release. :lol

473884-383498524-707147121449303-8761223981227551694-n.jpg

By that logic, Huyang is gonna rival my Iron Man figs but be all plastic! 😵‍💫
I remember when I bought my first $300 figure. Lights, sounds, metal. It was glorious.
I don’t know, just something rotten in Denmark. Things cost what they cost. I get that. Just feeling a little gouged here. My points should make it go down a bit easier.
That said, I’m glad they are making him. Can’t wait to add to my droid collection.

I get what you’re saying. Sometimes they cut corners purely to save costs but generally I think they do alright cost vs price wise for what we get.

Nothing wrong with all plastic though. Plastic remains the best material for figures. Metal adds no real value outside of reinforced joints. And they didn’t use a ton of metal as Iron Man figures went on. Plus I’ve seen long term paint issues have cropped up on metal parts in some cases.

And an all plastic Huyang would be under $300 probably. A diecast one would be over.

I get what you’re saying. Sometimes they cut corners purely to save costs but generally I think they do alright cost vs price wise for what we get.

Nothing wrong with all plastic though. Plastic remains the best material for figures. Metal adds no real value outside of reinforced joints. And they didn’t use a ton of metal as Iron Man figures went on. Plus I’ve seen long term paint issues have cropped up on metal parts in some cases.

And an all plastic Huyang would be under $300 probably. A diecast one would be over.

I prefer plastic, especially in cases like the Tamashii C-3PO who's so ridiculously heavy he's confined to the bottom shelf.

My Kaustic Plastik Romans and gladiators sag under the weight of their metal helmets and armour. Well painted plastic can be as good as metal, or even better since it can capture finer detail.

I prefer plastic, especially in cases like the Tamashii C-3PO who's so ridiculously heavy he's confined to the bottom shelf.

My Kaustic Plastik Romans and gladiators sag under the weight of their metal helmets and armour. Well painted plastic can be as good as metal, or even better since it can capture finer detail.

Exactly; great points. Same arguments I usually make against metal parts.

Ultimately appearance is what counts with figures since we spend most of the time just looking at them. And in those terms metal has no advantage, just potential disadvantages.

Chatter back Chopper by Hasbro is roughly same size and costs $73 plus is animatronic so perhaps another option. Honestly I am leaning Hasbro for this droid, just add better paint.

There's a review of him here, beginning at 34:40:

(If you like to keep boxes in mint condition, the start of this review might be distressing!)

Yikes. that price is kinda.. umn steep... specially if i compare it with the pitdroid set. Oh darn.. as much as i love chop i just dont see my self justifying in getting this alone. Maybe if they offer it with a 2 pack hera perhaps i could turn a blind eye hahaha.
I got the pit droid set just for BD w/c is kinda foolish but atleast it came with other stuff to suppress the guilt. XD.. soooo maybe ill just pick this up when i see one on sale (it takes a while for HT figures to be sold out here in asia anyways) or i'll just stick to my chatterback chopper :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back