1/6 Hot Toys - TMS064 -The Clone Wars: ARC Trooper Jesse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also got an invoice from KG- despite the fact I paid in full when I PO’d…
Pretty common error from them that they usually catch and cancel but I’ve notified them anyway.

I ordered Jesse and Vaught together so hopefully they’ll both be coming- even though I’m now thinking of getting rid of all clones except for Rex and Cody.

I ordered Jesse and Vaught together so hopefully they’ll both be coming- even though I’m now thinking of getting rid of all clones except for Rex and Cody.
Yea, I contemplated getting more outside of those two, but it's just such a slippery slope that I've said "no" to Jesse. I've stopped coming into this thread b/c I don't want to be persuaded by any pics that may change my mind :lol

I'll get Gree and Commander Wolffe if they make them though.

Yea, I contemplated getting more outside of those two, but it's just such a slippery slope that I've said "no" to Jesse. I'll get Gree and Commander Wolffe if they make them though.
I’m thinking maybe just a couple more captains with different colour schemes to Rex and Cody. The Green camo look from Kashyyk is what I’m really after and could probably call it quits on clowns after that.

I have plans for a almighty purge so I can finally focus on quality over quantity but it’s taking that first step that’s proving difficult.

Last edited:
I have plans for a almighty purge so I can finally focus on quality over quantity but it’s taking that first step that’s proving difficult.
Seems like a lot of us are getting to that stage. I'm still in the purge and with ones that haven't sold as quickly, I start thinking "well maybe I'll keep that one for a little longer" even though it's all boxed up and probably never to see the light of day again or at least for a VERY long time :slap Trying to stick to my guns, but it's definitely more difficult for some than others.

I have plans for an almighty purge so I can finally focus on quality over quantity but it’s taking that first step that’s proving difficult.
I’m in the process now. It’s a long, slow, deliberate one where I identify the ones that I just don’t seem to appreciate any more compared with some of the new releases.

When you look at InArt or Asmus Gandalf the White compared to the Asmus Gandalf the Gray, one stands out over the other. It’s kinda painful, but I’ve winnowed out quite a few and I appreciate having a smaller collection - that I appreciate.

I’d rather have 5-10 really, really amazing figures than 25 that are good.

I received my Jesse yesterday. I haven't had a 1:6 clone since SS Bly, and wow, what a difference ~12 years make! I love that he can be posed without needing a stand. :lol

I'm really a phase 1 kind of guy though, so I switched out the helmet today with the HT 501st one. I also got some extra guns and the jet pack from the 501st from toy anxiety at the end of 2021, in anticipation for this. I still have plans to customize him more and make him a personalized ARC trooper, but for now, he already looks awesome on display, so I'm not in a rush.

Took some shots today. He brings a lot of dynamic to my display!

IMG_0012_2_small.jpg

IMG_0018_3_small.jpg

IMG_0028_3_small.jpg

IMG_0042_2_small.jpg

Nice. Are you going to paint the lid?
Thanks! I'm not quite sure yet what I'll be doing since I'm not going for a specific existing character.

I always loved the dual blasters of Captain Fordo, so that's something I will recreate for him. I have two spare DC-15A rifles for this.
For the overall look and armor, I will go for something like ARC Alpha. While I never read the comics, I did have some of the Hasbro figures back then and always liked his look. The view finder is something I want to recreate. I might go the custom route for the helmet in the end, but time will tell.

Thanks! I'm not quite sure yet what I'll be doing since I'm not going for a specific existing character.

I always loved the dual blasters of Captain Fordo, so that's something I will recreate for him. I have two spare DC-15A rifles for this.
For the overall look and armor, I will go for something like ARC Alpha. While I never read the comics, I did have some of the Hasbro figures back then and always liked his look. The view finder is something I want to recreate. I might go the custom route for the helmet in the end, but time will tell.
No worries. I only meant because the colours don't match.
I have a phase one helmet on my desk that is a SS one that has 501st colouring and that looks a similar match to the Jesse base colour. I'm guessing it's Echo's helmet.

No worries. I only meant because the colours don't match.
I have a phase one helmet on my desk that is a SS one that has 501st colouring and that looks a similar match to the Jesse base colour. I'm guessing it's Echo's helmet.
Gotcha. While I see what you mean, I feel the colour differences are negligible. The blue is also different between the biceps and elbow armour, so there's some variance already on the Jesse parts. And the white looks a bit brighter on the 501st helmet, but that could be down to weathering. Since the ARC should look warworn, that difference could just be down to cleaning the helmet more often than the armor.
But having said that, I'm sure I'll be painting/weathering some parts here and there in the end.

I did make a couple pieces for ARC troopers (alpha monocle from comics, the Fordo blasters and holsters f-rom 2003 clone wars etc) so if you have a 3D printer you could print those off for it
Thanks, but I don't have a 3D printer myself unfortunately. This is one figure where it would be super useful though, since there are so many small parts and details I'd like to play around with to get a look I like.

It’s really noticeable on my screen.

Gotcha. While I see what you mean, I feel the colour differences are negligible. The blue is also different between the biceps and elbow armour, so there's some variance already on the Jesse parts. And the white looks a bit brighter on the 501st helmet, but that could be down to weathering. Since the ARC should look warworn, that difference could just be down to cleaning the helmet more often than the armor.

Attachments

• IMG_5104.jpeg
    IMG_5104.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
It’s really noticeable on my screen.
That's because the helmet is closest to the light source. ;) The rest of the armor is partially obscured, so it can't reflect as much light.

I'm not saying there's no difference, I just want to give a good representation for those who might want to try the same.

Here a shot I just took outside in natural light (and yeah, I need to clean my roof terrace :lol).

20230711_204716.jpg

Back