1/6 Hot Toys -TMS044 - The Mandalorian: The Armorer (2021 Toy Fair Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tarkovsky > all TCW seasons COMBINED

aHxPjeT.gif

eQ_agf.gif

e5a4ea2196ad26845fa5e386d15c7f65.gif

339e557dbf828c6f3911752d11c04d00.gif

7f7.gif

Glad you watched Rogue One too! Hope you enjoyed it.

I’m glad you’ve been having fun getting more invested in Star Wars. Really happy to hear that.

:duff

Yeah RO was another enjoyable SW movie, I really liked how it tied in with ANH.

Fun to see ya gettin all giddy over the classics. Gotta respect the classics man! Anything you can watch now is just extra credit! In for a penny, in for a pound! No turning back now, face it... you're one us! Lol ;) ☕

Seriously though, I liked Rouge One a lot, I was surprised at how good it actually was. I had tempered expectations going into it, but I'd say RO exceeded them. It's the only post OT movie I have no reservations of frequently rewatching. I'm remaining hopeful the Andor Series can capture that same vibe I get from RO.

Very interesting discussion so far on the future of these characters I've watched develop for years, decades even. I appreciate everyone's perspectives.

I'm also looking forward to TM S3 and how the Armorer's role as an Oracle for Din Djarin may be reincorporated.

:goodpost:

Glad to join in on the SW fun! :family

Yeah I though RO was a nice tie-in to a ANH, which makes one really feel even more impact of the attack on the first death star.

I appreciate SW's cultural influence and its impact on one's imagination, for me it's now in the likes of one of my favorite fantastical facets, superhero universes (Marvel, DC, etc.)

Meanwhile I guess SSC not putting up the Armorer for PO is a way of building anticipation so u thoughtlessly smash the BUY button, ignoring the fact that u also PO'd Kuiil, 2 Blurgs, 2 Speeders, a swoop bike, Mando V3, Bo-katan, and 3 replica helmets from BBTS with an assortment of HASBRO figs

We are as so many koi in a pond, circling endlessly, waiting for crumbs from above. And they know it, damn it. They know.

No problem.

I love the Tartakovsky Clone Wars series as well. So much so that it was difficult to get into CGI The Clone Wars at first.

It didn’t help that the TCW movie was a terrible idea; more of a pilot made up of multiple episodes stitched awkwardly into a theatrical release.

It was a really bad way to launch this new series as it turned off a lot of people, especially those on the fence about a CGI animated series in the first place.

I left the theater thinking I hated this new format. Years later, the show really matured and grew into something special and memorable.

But I still recommend people skip the movie and first two seasons at first because it is an absolutely slog to get through.

What put me off was the animation itself. That style worked for Tartakovsky’s series, but the translation to CGI was not particularly attractive.

The Tartakovsky animation was horrible imo, didn't like that art style at all.

Season 7 of TCW & The Bad Batch look amazing.

That’s a good and probably healthier way of thinking about it. I appreciate those folks out there who are happy with a head canon.

I remember how much Clone Wars (Tartakovsky), The Clone Wars, and Clone Wars (Dark Horse) conflicted with each other.

Back then, they would always say don’t worry, we’ll make sense of it canonically.

And then Disney happened and fixed the whole issue for them by axing everything but The Clone Wars. :lol

After watching TLJ, I remember going full Jake Skywalker and deciding the Timothy Zahn trilogy was canon, and the Disney stuff was just another alternate reality. The crazy thing is with the way season 2 of the Mandalorain ended, a big part of my fandom was like, ‘Ooo. Tell me more...’.

For them to have my curiosity and attention back so soon was something I thought was pretty darn improbable.

:DWe are as so many koi in a pond, circling endlessly, waiting for crumbs from above. And they know it, damn it. They know.
Lol that's a hilarious image. Same blank glassy eye look, open mouths, and jostling to get that PO in.:LOL:

Then u look at the anticipated ship date:eek:
TBH I get the world is trying to rebalance, tho the long ship dates are getting me to hold off on POs. But i probably won't for the Armourer, coz way back the Roadworn Thor Toy Fair ex sold out, and he's still going for high prices. And I really want her on the shelf.:drool

Well, we’re getting closer at least 😂 Sideshow has acknowledged The Armorer on their Twitter saying if you register you get first crack at con exclusives. But Cyborg Spider-Man didn’t follow that protocol did it? I never got an exclusive invite for it

After watching TLJ, I remember going full Jake Skywalker and deciding the Timothy Zahn trilogy was canon, and the Disney stuff was just another alternate reality. The crazy thing is with the way season 2 of the Mandalorain ended, a big part of my fandom was like, ‘Ooo. Tell me more...’.

For them to have my curiosity and attention back so soon was something I thought was pretty darn improbable.
I thought the EU deserved better. Just games, comics, novels and not much in merch. Zahn Trilogy and other stories deserved at least some animation treatment. I don't think those stories reached a big audience like they should have. I think that was a missed opportunity by Lucas, but I think he had plans for a ST which blew up in his face when he sold Lucasfilm.
Well, we’re getting closer at least 😂 Sideshow has acknowledged The Armorer on their Twitter saying if you register you get first crack at con exclusives. But Cyborg Spider-Man didn’t follow that protocol did it? I never got an exclusive invite for it
I think there was a deal struck with Sideshow to have the Armorer as a exclusive product for their SS Con.

I think there was a deal struck with Sideshow to have the Armorer as a exclusive product for their SS Con.
Makes sense. They definitely want to milk it as much as they can for SS Con. Just seems like a bad business decision because surely they have an opportunity to get more orders from them if they opened them at the same time as other retailers.

Makes sense. They definitely want to milk it as much as they can for SS Con. Just seems like a bad business decision because surely they have an opportunity to get more orders from them if they opened them at the same time as other retailers.
I would imagine HT was compensated with a big bag of cash for doing that. Just a few weeks in between announcement and PO and I don't think people will change their mind in the mean time anyways.

I think it's meaningless what HT and SSC is doing for The Armorer. The end result won't change neither for them, nor for us with this schedule.
SSC should have put it up for PO at the same time with HT announcement. Or HT should have hold back full announcement until the Con. A teaser photo would be enough to pump the hype.

Or they're simply gauging the interest to decide how may stocks they should negotiate getting from Hot Toys.

They could have figured it out if they have opened the preorders.
One possibility is they already decided in the production number and started production. And they don't want them to sell out before Con. But, if that's the case then HT didn't need to announce the figure so early. They could have very well waited for the con.

I would imagine HT was compensated with a big bag of cash for doing that. Just a few weeks in between announcement and PO and I don't think people will change their mind in the mean time anyways.
well yeah, but what I meant was since Hot Toys already announced it and it’s up got pre-order elsewhere already, you would think Sideshow wouldn’t want to be that far behind the others, nevermind paying for it, since they might lose out on some preorders from people who didn’t want to wait for Sideshow to put them up. Get what I’m saying? I personally know at least 12 people who were going to order from Sideshow but didn’t want to wait. Even though they know they likely wouldn’t miss the chance at SS or anything, they just couldn’t help themselves 😂

so that’s what I meant by that. Yes, MAYBE by highlighting it during their con they’ll get more orders. Or it probably won’t matter in the long run anyway since they’ll buy their allotment and sell through it eventually. I’m just thinking in terms of if I’m selling lemonade and the guy down the street is selling lemonade, but I tell people I won’t start selling it for two weeks chances are you’d go to the guy down the street for your lemonade. Especially if it’s really HOT 😂 bad analogy maybe.

well yeah, but what I meant was since Hot Toys already announced it and it’s up got pre-order elsewhere already, you would think Sideshow wouldn’t want to be that far behind the others, nevermind paying for it, since they might lose out on some preorders from people who didn’t want to wait for Sideshow to put them up. Get what I’m saying? I personally know at least 12 people who were going to order from Sideshow but didn’t want to wait. Even though they know they likely wouldn’t miss the chance at SS or anything, they just couldn’t help themselves 😂

so that’s what I meant by that. Yes, MAYBE by highlighting it during their con they’ll get more orders. Or it probably won’t matter in the long run anyway since they’ll buy their allotment and sell through it eventually. I’m just thinking in terms of if I’m selling lemonade and the guy down the street is selling lemonade, but I tell people I won’t start selling it for two weeks chances are you’d go to the guy down the street for your lemonade. Especially if it’s really HOT 😂 bad analogy maybe.
Oh, I get that. Funny you brought that up, cause it does make perfect sense...which could lead to some tension. Tension which is from a certain Youtuber. Justin on Justin's Collection mentioned that he was trying to get his buddy from HK into the Summer Showcase event to film the figures so he can talk about them. But someone, he didn't mention for possible legal ramifications, but that someone/business didn't want him in because Justin promotes the heck out of Toys Wonderland, which you can PO the Armorer from now. I wonder who that person/business might be?

The contract might just be with Sideshow for North American distribution only, but not sure how another business can sell outside of NA to NA. I guess said guy could order 30 at the HK store, then resell how he feels like it. Course you can speculate all day about it, but some interesting behind the scenes unfolding.

Oh, I get that. Funny you brought that up, cause it does make perfect sense...which could lead to some tension. Tension which is from a certain Youtuber. Justin on Justin's Collection mentioned that he was trying to get his buddy from HK into the Summer Showcase event to film the figures so he can talk about them. But someone, he didn't mention for possible legal ramifications, but that someone/business didn't want him in because Justin promotes the heck out of Toys Wonderland, which you can PO the Armorer from now. I wonder who that person/business might be?

The contract might just be with Sideshow for North American distribution only, but not sure how another business can sell outside of NA to NA. I guess said guy could order 30 at the HK store, then resell how he feels like it. Course you can speculate all day about it, but some interesting behind the scenes unfolding.

The options are...

1) Sideshow
2) John Deak
3) both of the above

Back