1/6 Hot Toys - VGM62/62B - StarWars Legends : Darth Revan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This picture is from post orbalisk armor
Hmm. Maybe. Been a while since I read the novels but wasn't he incredibly scarred or something from the removal of the Orbalisk or something of that nature IIRC?
Regardless, I prefer him without them and without the ridiculous helmet personally.

Yeah not gonna hold my breath over getting any video game characters with proper headsculpts. As much as I would love love LOVE Bastila or Malak or pretty much anyone from the KOTOR games.

Though, maybe just maybe we could see HK-47 someday? Hot Toys loves doing droids and that loveable murderous "meatbag" would be a great companion piece for Revan!

Agreed, hopefully if Revan sells well Malak
Won’t be far behind. I would be happy with these 5. Savage oppress as well.
When they announced Dark Side as a thing, my biggest hope (as unrealistic as I knew it was)was Savage. I really, REALLY want him. But yes, I agree. I don't see a way in which Revan doesn't sell well personally, so I really hope they do Malak. I mean even The Black Series has done Malak now. It's time!

Hmm, man they kind of butchered the whole design:

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

tumblr_inline_o1noqnEv3S1to93ek_500.jpg

Capture3.JPG

The colours are completely wrong/ more cartoony on this figure. His armour/ cloth is meant to be more desaturated, more bronze etc. plus the cloth material they used doesn't look right either.

His cape is the thing that's meant to be pleated, not his lower robe:

Capture5.JPG

Capture4.JPG

His visor and mask is probably the worst though. The visors thick, the helmet is big, the colours are all wrong etc.

This was a day one initially but idk (also the fact that the dual bladed Revan with the purple lightsaber has somehow become canonised despite it originating from a fake vision of Revan in Kotor 2 as opposed to him in the actual flashbacks with 1 red lightsaber in the first game will never not irk me).

Attachments

• Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

View attachment 699163
View attachment 699164

View attachment 699165
View attachment 699166
The colours are completely wrong/ more cartoony on this figure. His armour/ cloth is meant to be more desaturated, more bronze etc. plus the cloth material they used doesn't look right either.

His visor and mask is probably the worst though. The visors thick, the helmet is big, the colours are all wrong etc.

This was a day one initially but idk.
They just need to make the visor slit thinner, the rest are already awesome.

View attachment 699163
View attachment 699164

View attachment 699165
View attachment 699166

This was a day one initially but idk.
seriously dude ? You're actually using a PS2 graphical image from a game that was like more than two decades ago for reference ? =]]
This is my 1/4 statue Darth Revan from XM Studio, I'd say nothing wrong from Hot Toys
s-l1600.jpg

This is an amazing piece - a dream coming true.

if you want them to make anything old republic, order this. If you stop yourself because of a color-code hue ain’t what envisioned, this will be the first and last of their TOR figures.

seriously dude ? You're actually using a PS2 graphical image from a game that was like more than two decades ago for reference ? =]]
This is my 1/4 statue Darth Revan from XM Studio, I'd say nothing wrong from Hot Toys
View attachment 699173
Like it or not, it's the only canon reference point though, everything else is artistic interpretation.

afe911429e5d1d6665d423c085d7f5cb.jpg

That "ps2" (Xbox 1) screenshot also looks good outside of its low poly nature. Its design is good, and again, the only thing that can be called truely canonical as far as depictions of Revan go (The Old Republic is cartoony so it's by default not as good of a visual reference).'

Again, you can say I'm being a bit too picky, but this is Star Wars we're talking about. If you get a tusk slightly misalligned on a Vader figure you know you'll hear about it hahah.

Perfection pure perfection. KOTOR remains to be some of if not the very best of Star Wars and the infinite potential of it's universe. Bring on as many characters from it as possible.

Like it or not, it's the only canon reference point though, everything else is artistic interpretation.

That "ps2" (Xbox 1) screenshot also looks good outside of its low poly nature. Its design is good, and again, the only thing that can be called truely canonical as far as depictions of Revan go (The Old Republic is cartoony so it's by default not as good of a visual reference).
Technically there is no canon reference, as it’s “Legends” now.

Just wish they’d make the visor slimmer.

Back