1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Kylo Ren Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mee too, it's one of my favorite figures.

Same here. I "only" have 9 figures, but I wasn't expecting Kylo to stick out to me that much since in some photos he looks pretty plain. But the textures and looming presence he has on the shelf are awesome. He's probably my favorite overall figure.. Jakku Rey, Bespin Luke, and Boba all close behind.

Have recently started to appreciate my FO Tie Pilot a good bit too.

Any chance this could get bumped up?

I'm honestly kind of surprised that both Kylo and Rey are set for such a late 2018 release, considering Kylo from TFA came right around the time the movie came out if I recall correctly?

They must have a huge backlog, I guess...

I'm honestly kind of surprised that both Kylo and Rey are set for such a late 2018 release, considering Kylo from TFA came right around the time the movie came out if I recall correctly?

They must have a huge backlog, I guess...

You'd think HT would get a second factory or something by now. They've got more figures they want to make than they have factory schedules for. They could realistically release a figure a week all year and that wouldn't even be scrapping the bottom of the barrel by making third tier characters. HT has to be frustrated by leaving that much money on the table. I know there are fewer and fewer 'high end' factories in China and that has been a factor in such production delays. I'd think someone like HT would just get their own production facility by now like Hasbro and Mattel do. They wouldn't need the size required by one of those, but they could easily keep a small factory (or if they do already have their own, a second or larger one) busy year round. :dunno

You'd think HT would get a second factory or something by now. They've got more figures they want to make than they have factory schedules for. They could realistically release a figure a week all year and that wouldn't even be scrapping the bottom of the barrel by making third tier characters. HT has to be frustrated by leaving that much money on the table. I know there are fewer and fewer 'high end' factories in China and that has been a factor in such production delays. I'd think someone like HT would just get their own production facility by now like Hasbro and Mattel do. They wouldn't need the size required by one of those, but they could easily keep a small factory (or if they do already have their own, a second or larger one) busy year round. :dunno

I guess there is also "collector fatigue" to consider. Which, at this level, is perhaps more related to collector "free cash flow" than not being interested in the figures. Also not sure how many skilled artists can be found or be paid on mass. Anyone can paint a Hasbro or Mattel figure, but Hot Toys is at a totally different level. And quality is difficult to keep at the high end.

It's a tough one, I just hope they do come back to movies such as Rogue One or others when they have some free capacity. I wouldn't be surprised if they have increased their workforce somewhat though. I guess if someone took the time, the names on the boxes would show if there are new people mentioned or not.

I guess there is also "collector fatigue" to consider. Which, at this level, is perhaps more related to collector "free cash flow" than not being interested in the figures. Also not sure how many skilled artists can be found or be paid on mass. Anyone can paint a Hasbro or Mattel figure, but Hot Toys is at a totally different level. And quality is difficult to keep at the high end.

It's a tough one, I just hope they do come back to movies such as Rogue One or others when they have some free capacity. I wouldn't be surprised if they have increased their workforce somewhat though. I guess if someone took the time, the names on the boxes would show if there are new people mentioned or not.

I think that's really the key. Sure, they probably could open another factory or just start using another one in town, but they won't have as talented workers as they do now. Just look at Sideshow's figures. They tried for years to get better quality work out of China and even now having vastly improved their final products, it still falls short. There's only so many talented factory workers there, and HT already has them!

Maybe it's a Asian thing. An American CEO would have increased capacity years ago or the board would have fired him for not maximising profits. Hot Toys are also completely missing the comic book part of the market which would be as big if not bigger than the movie figures. They need an American CEO
. The Asian boss is too small minded.

Maybe it's a Asian thing. An American CEO would have increased capacity years ago or the board would have fired him for not maximising profits. Hot Toys are also completely missing the comic book part of the market which would be as big if not bigger than the movie figures. They need an American CEO

Fair enough point of view. I'd love to sit in on that discussion with Howard though :)

No thanks. Whenever production is increased, quality is usually decreased. Hot Toys doesn’t need foreign intervention.

You should stick to SideShow products, especially 1/6 section... just saying.

Why do you think most of collectors here would rather wait for HT version instead of SS ones ? I think you dont, judging from that statement of how "open minded" you are.

'MERICA !

Keep mind Kylo:

a) just killed his dad
b) got shot by Chewbaccas gun that we previously see sends Stormtroopers flying
c) just finished fighting Finn, who at first he played with but once he got a hit in, took him out in seconds
d) fended off Rey but the entire planet was melting around him

At 100% strength and wits he'd be scary good. The ****er catches blaster bolts midair and force chokes/pulls with ease. I hope people really see how ****ing crazy he can be - especially with Adam Driver behind it - the guy is a machine!!!
I like that Kylo is a different take on a SW villian.
Like, it's clear he has emotional issues and wants to live up to Vader, BE Vader but isn't and couldnt ever be because theyre such vastly different people. I felt like that came off pretty well in TFA

Idk, maybe that's something they tried with Anakin, but considering those movies were bad in themselves (incl. acting & writing) who tf knows.

sorry for jumping in on an old convo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I'm so close to ordering this at BBTS with NRD. I have a feeling he's going to be stellar in TLJ, and I don't want to be trying to preorder as I walk out the theater.

I'm so close to ordering this at BBTS with NRD. I have a feeling he's going to be stellar in TLJ, and I don't want to be trying to preorder as I walk out the theater.

With TFA Kylo still at SS and on discount, I think you'll be fine. I only preorder "Exclusive" figures when they are announced and wait til around release time. When the production piece is revealed, then I preorder.

With TFA Kylo still at SS and on discount, I think you'll be fine. I only preorder "Exclusive" figures when they are announced and wait til around release time. When the production piece is revealed, then I preorder.

The TFA figures are not a good metric to measure figure availability.

That case was definitely an outlier with ridiculous over production and miscalculated demand.

They simply made too many. I don’t think any other major line of Hot Toys figures (not counting some obscure franchises and figure choices) has stuck around as long as the TFA figures, or been discounted so much.

As we’ve seen since then, the production runs have generally been smaller.

That said, it’s unlikely something like this would sell out before its release these days. But I wouldn’t expect anything to stick around as long as the TFA figures.

I'm dying to preorder this figure. I'm just waiting till my budget calms down as even the NRD is hard to fit in at the moment. I'm torn between ordering him, Anakin, Rey, Yondu from Guardians or 2 more Ghostbusters(who i'm trying to wait on until I have my first two inhand to see if they're worth it).

Yeah TFA was definitely an outlier. They still have figures in stock and that will never happen again. For me, I'm already committed to ROTS Anakin and ESB Vader next year. I'm deciding between Kylo and Tarkin. While I love Tarkin, he doesn't really offer much in accessories, interesting design, or differing poses. I feel Kylo does. But on the other hand, it's Tarkin, and they'll prob never make another Tarkin, whereas we'll surely get another Kylo. But then I'm not sure if I want all Force users, or have an Empire display with Vader, Emperor, and Tarkin. Do you see my dilemma? :lol

I think the correct answer is buy both.

I'm dying to preorder this figure. I'm just waiting till my budget calms down as even the NRD is hard to fit in at the moment. I'm torn between ordering him, Anakin, Rey, Yondu from Guardians or 2 more Ghostbusters(who i'm trying to wait on until I have my first two inhand to see if they're worth it).

If you prefer Star Wars, Anakin or Rey. Then it's between which character you like more. I would go Anakin simply because it's one of HT best sculpts ever. Although Rey does look really good.

Back