1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing your observation. If you have time, it will be much appreciated if you can share some pictures with the different types of lighting that you mentioned. I am curious to see the different effects of various lighting angles. I guess that good lighting can show the details better, which leads to a greater appreciation of the figure.
Here you go!
dc5f7611f3ef2b02b2233f76535ca3cb.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

Its amazing that all 4 of those are the same figure, shows what lighting does.

Thanks Wes. And with lighting from above and below the face looks totally washed out.

I guess the recommendation is make sure your lighting is good and from above. :)

Which angle does she look most like Felicity, from below or above? I showed my friend the figure and they thought it was Anna Kendrick, so I think I have to put her on a different shelf so it looks more like Felicity :lol

Which angle does she look most like Felicity, from below or above? I showed my friend the figure and they thought it was Anna Kendrick, so I think I have to put her on a different shelf so it looks more like Felicity [emoji38]
I think the hairpiece must be modified first to get her closer to 90% Felicity.

Once you have that, anything from above and to one side; not from below or straight in front (like a flash).

If you look at the four-photo comparison I posted, which looks most like her to you? My vote is for the top-right photo.

OK, will try next time. However essentially the figures look best when light falls from above i.e normal real world direction. The shadows cast from eyes and nose just look great (and natural I guess). With lighting from below (or even straight ahead) all the shadows don't exist any more and you are left with a totally different (unrealistic) look.

Just take the Wonder Woman pic right at the top here in the Sideshow Freaks header. There are graduations of light and shadow over her face. That's what I mean. Looks far better than a shot with a camera-flash and lighting straight on the face.

Thanks for the feedback! What you said makes a lot of sense now that I think about it.

It was a pleasure.

Light is, quite literally, what we see. The wrong lighting will throw anything off.

Anyone else have a Jyn whose right knee is lower than her left? I just opened mine and took a quick peek at the face and bent the joints, and her right knee is lower. Leg seems fine, though. She certainly stands on her own just fine. I tried pushing up around her knee and thigh to see if something was loose, but nothing popped, and no joints feel weak or odd...

Last edited:
I thought the leg was indeed longer until I stood her on the floor without a stand. She stands just fine, so it can't be, otherwise she'd topple over. It's weird.

It’s probably a double jointed knee bending at the lower part of the joint on one knee and the upper part of the joint on the other.

Back