1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the figure looks great. I think she'll sit nicely within the OT look (the other Rogue One 'heroes' perhaps not so much...)

The tie-in novel catalyst puts her as being born in the clone wars so she's like about 22. Felicity is early thirties. TBH I can't see why jyn couldn't have been thirty anyway.

Because despite the fact that society is stretching adolescence to the absolute limit (now for the first time ever you aren't expected to be a mature adult until your mid 30s), in the world of fiction you cannot consider a character youthful and energetic unless they are in a teenager or in their very early 20s.

Last edited:
Or maybe they have her in her early 20s because that is the only way to have the story make sense with her growing up on her own and her father being taken while still a child. There is a specific window they have to place the story in since we know when the Death Star began construction and when it was finished. Having her be a 20 year old when her father is taken would have made for a terrible story.

And Felicity Jones looks young for her age so I don't get the problem there.

Or maybe they have her in her early 20s because that is the only way to have the story make sense with her growing up on her own and her father being taken while still a child. There is a specific window they have to place the story in since we know when the Death Star began construction and when it was finished. Having her be a 20 year old when her father is taken would have made for a terrible story.

And Felicity Jones looks young for her age so I don't get the problem there.
It's not that felicity looks old it's just that even the trailer has the line "alone since you were 14" or similar so why couldn't that be when the Death Star is started as per the end of rots?

It never pays to look too closely into chronology. Obi-Wan aged pretty badly in the years between ROTS and ANH, didn't he?

It's not that felicity looks old it's just that even the trailer has the line "alone since you were 14" or similar so why couldn't that be when the Death Star is started as per the end of rots?

Because there is already a lot of backstory to what is going on with her parents that is expounded on in Catalyst.

You would have to make Galen and Orson 60 to make that work. And even then it wouldn't make sense in context of their back story.

Is that 14 Earth years, or something like a Star Wars Parsec? :lol

Can't wait for them to re-remaster the OT with Jyn in them. It'll be like a thing they do every time they make a new movie. CGI in additional stuff into the old movies every year so new versions of all the characters can be made by Hot Toys. Good way to get around licensing issues!

Can't wait for them to re-remaster the OT with Jyn in them. It'll be like a thing they do every time they make a new movie. CGI in additional stuff into the old movies every year so new versions of all the characters can be made by Hot Toys. Good way to get around licensing issues!

Assuming she makes it out of Rogue One alive, that is ;)

'practically a milf'. Nice. Not many chicks on these boards still eh?

'chicks'. Nice. Not many birds on these boards still, eh?

Seriously, though, Felicity is a big selling point for me with this film.

But for Episode VIII, on the other hand, the gilf with the frozen face is back. That can't be good.

'chicks'. Nice. Not many birds on these boards still, eh?

Seriously, though, Felicity is a big selling point for me with this film.

But for Episode VIII, on the other hand, the gilf with the frozen face is back. That can't be good.

Haha well played

Because there is already a lot of backstory to what is going on with her parents that is expounded on in Catalyst.

You would have to make Galen and Orson 60 to make that work. And even then it wouldn't make sense in context of their back story.

I guess I'm alone in thinking that catalyst really added nothing? Why would the need to be 60?
Mads is 51. Felicity is 33. That works even if she was late twenties rather than early thirties it changes little or nothing The clone wars era stuff in catalyst was a little bland tbh but to each their own.

For what it's worth...space travel, gravity, and the underlying special relativity influence aging. So growing up on a different planet, more space travel, etc would mess with our notion of age.

Not that Star Wars has ever accounted for that. In fact a lot of Star Wars would break down if you applied those concepts. So...probably nevermind there haha.

Her role as Harry Osborne's assistant in ASM2 was small but made an impact on me.
7d62b6bc49bbdace2c37a6af604ff0ab.png

Back