1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Episode VII was the one I tossed into the fire. It's too distant and too divergent from the EU I liked. A good film, but not the journey I wanted to see the familiar characters go on. (Because that ship had sailed once we'd left the 1980s.

Rogue One, however, is a completely different story...in that it feels like part of the same classic story. So at the moment in for Jyn and K-2SO after having Vader.

Jyn and K2 are on my preorders. I really loved Rogue One for its authenticity, and likewise really enjoyed TFA for a different reason that's hard to convey. Rey is my only TFA cast member I got - I added the Tie pilot because I always thought it looked cool. I however, completely understand why you chose to forsake TFA figures in lieu of RO and OT.

I'm having to decide pretty hard on what I pick up this year for a handful of reasons, so I think if anything, Jyn will stick around but K2 will get the cut. Which sucks, but in the end, I feel like he might be more of an impulse buy than anything. I might wait for reviews on him before I proceed.

Jyn and K2 are on my preorders. I really loved Rogue One for its authenticity, and likewise really enjoyed TFA for a different reason that's hard to convey. Rey is my only TFA cast member I got - I added the Tie pilot because I always thought it looked cool. I however, completely understand why you chose to forsake TFA figures in lieu of RO and OT.

I'm having to decide pretty hard on what I pick up this year for a handful of reasons, so I think if anything, Jyn will stick around but K2 will get the cut. Which sucks, but in the end, I feel like he might be more of an impulse buy than anything. I might wait for reviews on him before I proceed.

I'd probably be more inclined to get a Jyn if they did Krennic for the final face-off on the tower, but Krennic just isn't looking too likely from HT. He seemed to get mixed reviews from fans as a character, but I'm a huge Ben fan so loved Krennic. Also, if they did him, I'd be more inclined to get TWO Death Troopers to flank him. He's kind of a "gateway" figure for me.:lol

Jaded EU fan, perhaps?

I love all films and look forward to the next ones! I am totally buying the next Rey.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

I'd probably be more inclined to get a Jyn if they did Krennic for the final face-off on the tower, but Krennic just isn't looking too likely from HT. He seemed to get mixed reviews from fans as a character, but I'm a huge Ben fan so loved Krennic. Also, if they did him, I'd be more inclined to get TWO Death Troopers to flank him. He's kind of a "gateway" figure for me.:lol

:goodpost: Krennic would sell a lot of deathtroopers. I would buy two or three myself if he was made. Without him I have no desire to buy any. For now Jyn and K2 will be my only RO figs. I find HT character/figure choices to be pretty disappointing if this is all they are making and it seems this might be it.

Krennic would be great to have, but for me the keep-this-preorder-or-cancel figure is Cassian. I'm not sure if I'll keep either Jyn or K2 if he isn't announced by the time they're released. It would be weird to only have two of the main trio.

They are kind of the opposite leads, lead of the actual Rebels and lead of the Imperials. And it's true that their inclusion would make other figures better on display. I got the death trooper really would like Krennic instead or to go together. I still think they both get made.

:goodpost: Krennic would sell a lot of deathtroopers. I would buy two or three myself if he was made. Without him I have no desire to buy any. For now Jyn and K2 will be my only RO figs. I find HT character/figure choices to be pretty disappointing if this is all they are making and it seems this might be it.

Hot Toys totally dropped the ball on Krennic, Cassian and Tarkin. They are living in a bubble and totally out of touch.

Yeah, I am having a difficult time figuring out who I would display next to Jyn should I decide to keep my order. I have K-2SO pre-ordered but I usually prefer to at least display these as sets of three. If I cancel Jyn I can always keep K-2 around for a SW universe droids display. Heck, K-2 could even go in an Imperial theme.

Wasn't planning on getting Chirrut or Baze. So without Cassian, Jyn is left in this uncertain state for me.

HT drop more balls than a one-armed juggler, from a certain point of view.

The thing about Hot Toys -- when they nail it, it's incredible. The rest of the time, they get by on a combination of market dominance and generally high quality, but I think they get away with a lot of "good enough" because of that dominance and the collector mindset.

The thing about Hot Toys -- when they nail it, it's incredible. The rest of the time, they get by on a combination of market dominance and generally high quality, but I think they get away with a lot of "good enough" because of that dominance and the collector mindset.

I meant dropping balls by not doing certain characters, but that's from a certain point of view, as Obi-Wan might say, because they obviously make a lot of characters that people do want (like a hundred colour variations of Iron Man, and so on).

Back