1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about this only yesterday. To be honest, I can't see myself buying many characters from the Han film. I have no problems with recasting, in fact I'm really looking forward to this film. However, I only need one young Han, Lando and Boba Fett in my collection and they will be OT versions. I may get the main villain if it's a new character, but that is about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure you don't want a HT-made Emilia Clarke figure?

Wasn't Episode VIII originally going to be at the end of 2016 before it was delayed?

I thought Disney was going to revert to summer releases for 8 and 9, but given the success of TFA in its release slot they decided to keep Star Wars as Christmas movies.

Weird for me, since to me Star Wars has always been a Summer event.

I thought Disney was going to revert to summer releases for 8 and 9, but given the success of TFA in its release slot they decided to keep Star Wars as Christmas movies.

Weird for me, since to me Star Wars has always been a Summer event.

I disliked the idea of a Christmas slot at first because of the summer blockbuster tradition. But I have to admit I like the holiday release now, I've taken my sister's kids each year and we have a great time.

I disliked the idea of a Christmas slot at first because of the summer blockbuster tradition. But I have to admit I like the holiday release now, I've taken my sister's kids each year and we have a great time.

Yeah, it works. Since old-school blockbusters don't even exist anymore in the way they use to have to linger around to make tons of cash -- now they come and go within three weeks and are out on blu-ray 6 months after release anyway. Having a Summer Event movie like it used to be rarely happens anymore. I think the last one was TDK that really took the summer by storm and for a long time.

Celebration Orlando takes place mid april. Not sure HT will show us a lot more as there are still a few reveals yet to go on PO (DS trooper, DS gunner, TFA 3PO+R2, Snowtrooper Commander, ROTJ Stormtrooper...). Counting on a couple reveals and an exclusive (Stormtrooper disguise Solo?).

Celebration Orlando takes place mid april. Not sure HT will show us a lot more as there are still a few reveals yet to go on PO (DS trooper, DS gunner, TFA 3PO+R2, Snowtrooper Commander, ROTJ Stormtrooper...). Counting on a couple reveals and an exclusive (Stormtrooper disguise Solo?).

I'll be there! I'm hoping to see my Jyn in disguise.

Some of this stuff may never see the light of day. Don't forget GONK droids too.

Some of this stuff may never see the light of day. Don't forget GONK droids too.

Really? I know HT often boast their technical abilities with large "Show Only" items and skipped a figures here and there from less important lisences. Yet, i can't bring myself to believe they would not put those prototypes into production. Gonk droids might be a tough sale at today's retail but all other candidates look like profitable items to me.

Really? I know HT often boast their technical abilities with large "Show Only" items and skipped a figures here and there from less important lisences. Yet, i can't bring myself to believe they would not put those prototypes into production. Gonk droids might be a tough sale at today's retail but all other candidates look like profitable items to me.

Hard to say. Yellow jacket from Ant-Man and the Ultron drones from AoU have never been put up for preorder. Maybe background characters or villains can't always been guaranteed, even if they've shown protos of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really like the Christmas slots actually. Christmas time to me now means college bowl season and Star Wars. :lol

Man, I resisted the Rogue One figures so long, but now I've seen it a couple of times I've decided it's actually my favourite Star Wars movie.

I love the look and style of the originals, and as someone said to me "this was the movie we all actually wanted. Old school, but modern and a gritty grown up style war story".

I now feel I need to get Jyn as the outfit and figure is so cool. K2SO is also a must and a good companion to Jyn. Cassian is the final companion to round out the trio. Krennic and the others would be great, but I'm not sure if the funds will stretch that far ! Vader is also on the way.

Luckily we do have some time. Maybe some of these will be able to be picked up cheaper as the hype train will have long gone by the time they come out. I wonder how that will work out actually. HT will probably keep the run relatively small I guess.

How many have you all got on pre-order ?

Hoody, -I originally started with Jyn (non-deluxe) and then K2SO was a must to stand next to her. I have R1Vader (such a great figure) - but then it ballooned into the Jedha Patrol, base Stormtrooper, and the Shoretrooper.

Most recently preordered Chirrut- and if they made Cassian, Bodhi and when Baze comes out - I would just want all of them because R1 was such an awesome movie.

Glad you enjoyed the film- I saw it 4 times and it gets better each time.

I'm still trying to decide deluxe or non deluxe. $30 for some additional poseability (outfit) and that sweet gun. Plus the rebel hat is cool.......

Ok I'll get the deluxe [emoji2].

But I mean why not. If you find the movie great then that's what this hobby is all about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoody, -I originally started with Jyn (non-deluxe) and then K2SO was a must to stand next to her. I have R1Vader (such a great figure) - but then it ballooned into the Jedha Patrol, base Stormtrooper, and the Shoretrooper.

Most recently preordered Chirrut- and if they made Cassian, Bodhi and when Baze comes out - I would just want all of them because R1 was such an awesome movie.

Glad you enjoyed the film- I saw it 4 times and it gets better each time.

When you consider how many times so many of us went to see it (my guess, judging by what people have written over the past month, is the average on here is 4 times,) and then consider that it's going to make a bit over half of what TFA made, you have to wonder how many "new fans" were drawn to RO. I know BO is BO, but it makes you wonder.

I guess for older fans, RO had more "retro" stuff than TFA. Even though TFA had Han/Chewy, it really was a lot more new stuff in terms of the "world." RO feels like the classic OT world with some new people running around in it, so it's that "comfort food" older fans wanted.

Incredible too to think that even in the early 1980's, with so many fewer theaters, ROTJ was able to pull in $800m domestic (inflation adjusted) versus RO's roughly $550m in today's hyper-wide marketplace.

TFA was great but it just wasn't original enough for me. The Death Star 3, old short Force sensitive character, plans put in a droid, a cantina, a trench run......it just took me out of the movie watching it the first time. Even my son said to me walking out to the car, geez it was a lot like the original.

RO had it all, and an original story in a certainly very restricted time space and final outcome. Sure RO had plenty of nods to the originals but I didn't feel they were copied and dressed up like TFA.

But anyway each to their own. It certainly is a great time to be a Star Wars fan !! And HT figures rock !

Back