1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't realize the Sideshow markup was that high. Budget Stark says in his video that the deluxe is only HK$1500; so less than $200! That seems like a perfectly reasonable price for this figure. No wonder these tend to sell out before release in Hong Kong.

yeah it sucks, but shipping from Asia ended up costing similar anyway.

As great as the likeness is, I'm really wishing they went for the slightly warmer expression of the Sideshow PF that captures her personality a bit better, instead of making her so completely stone-faced like usual. In fact I think it might be one of the few times Sideshow has HT beat.

View attachment 308998
View attachment 308999

Are you being serious right now? This is like people who say she should have a subtle corner smirk, similar to the one she makes in the trailer when she says "may the force be with us."

No, she shouldn't.

Just imagine her with a smirk in every pose HT puts her in, in the promotional photos. It would be ridiculous. I much prefer catch all neutral faces over a perpetual smirk she only holds for like two seconds in the film.

I wouldn't call that a smirk, or even a smile really. But it does show at least a hint of expression and personality, which I always prefer to see in a sculpt over one that is utterly blank and devoid of emotion.

I wouldn't call that a smirk, or even a smile really. But it does show at least a hint of expression and personality, which I always prefer to see in a sculpt over one that is utterly blank and devoid of emotion.

She looks how I expect Jyn to look: stern and brassy. SS Jyn looks too soft and dolled up to lead a rebellion.

Are we even looking at the same figure? You prefer this?

8.jpg

9.jpg

Looks about on par with this:

jyn-erso-star-wars-big-fig.jpg

Save you hundreds of dollars too. Either way, I'm done. No point discussing head sculpts and portraiture with people who don't see how awful PF Jyn looks.

I wish Hot Toys would give two headsculpts with different expressions, the way Figuarts sometimes does on their Star Wars figures. But if there's only one, I prefer a neutral face that will match pretty much any pose.

I understand your reasoning. A statue is better suited for an expression because it always captures one single moment or action.

But for a poseable figure, as someone else pointed out, it would be jarring to see her smirking or smiling softly while posed blowing up stormtrooper brains with her A120 or E11...

I understand your reasoning. A statue is better suited for an expression because it always captures one single moment or action.

But for a poseable figure, as someone else pointed out, it would be jarring to see her smirking or smiling softly while posed blowing up stormtrooper brains with her A120 or E11...

Yeah I guess for those into creating big dioramas or action scenes or something. But I usually opt for the simpler museum poses with my figures, and I think a hint of a smile would still work pretty well with her holding a gun. And might even make her look just a bit more badass, in fact.

I can't believe people are already complaining about one of the best female sculpts that Hot Toys has ever developed. I really have seen everything now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I guess for those into creating big dioramas or action scenes or something. But I usually opt for the simpler museum poses with my figures, and I think a hint of a smile would still work pretty well with her holding a gun. And might even make her look just a bit more badass, in fact.

Respectable. In a perfect world, all of them would come with two headsculpts.

...but that would really up the price!

Everybody wants sculpts with expressions until they give them to us. Then it's, "wish the face was more neutral." (Case in point, Harley Quinn).

Everybody wants multiple sculpts but nobody wants to pay for them. The days of two heads for $150 are long gone. Even in those days, multiple sculpts weren't that common.

Anyway, such is the way of the collector.

I'm in the save boat, posing most of my 1/6 in the "museum pose". I've tried more action poses but my posing ability is marginal at best. I think the PF and the HT 1/6 both look great, in their own way. production paint apps will tell the tale on the PF, as it's been a while since SS did a human face Star Wars statue...

The PF fig is ok, I just think its got too much eye makeup/shadow on it for my likes. Looks more babyface too, but when compared to the HT sculpt, that's a dead on likeness for her. Jyn and Rey sculpts look really spot on, more so than Leia's IMHO...

I love everything about it, except the hair. The strands to the side look terrible to me. Not in sculpting or paint or anything, just the hairstyle. :(

Back