1/6 Hot Toys - Prometheus Sixth Scale Figure Preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more and more i watch the Alien movies and now incorporate Prometheus and Covenant into the loop it makes me think that Aliens is the movie that killed the franchise.

Aliens is great, until you sit back and think. This " perfect organism " is literally reduced to being a bug. Insects. They are nothing. Idiots. " Animals ". The atmosphere of bleak future with space truckers like the crew of the Nostromo is replaced with cheesy action 1 liners and generic evil company. We get a Queen out of nowhere with no explanation to have a final action sequence.

Like, where did we go from Aliens? The creature was already dead at the expense of making an action flick. I love Alien 3, but for some reason people hate it? In my eyes it was trying to undo the damage Aliens did to the creature by making it unique again, putting it in a setting with people who wernt action heroes and there was no weapons. The atmosphere was back to being bleak with realistic dialogue. Alien was very British in the dialogue, Aliens was very American and Alien 3 was back to being British. The creature was now a killer again that lived in the vents and moved around picking off people 1 by 1. I assume people are maybe just salty about the deaths of Hicks, Newt and Ripley undoing Aliens's happy ending...?

Prometheus and Covenant also do what they can to give the creature back some credibility again. Lore, a back story. The fact its intended to be this perfect organism again. We are presented with questions and mystery again. People may not like the movies as movies, but i hate it when they say the new movies killed the creature and its mystique. They were literally canon fodder in the 2nd movie. 31 years ago reality hit and the Xenomorph was something every man woman and child could kill with a pulse rifle. The adverts during kids tv shows had kids treating them like a joke.

2017 and we have Engineers flying around space populating planets, and wiping out populations of planets. We have David creating this perfect creature. Possibly a war is about to take place? Between the Gods who created us, and the Gods we created? The Creature the Engineer was going to use to wipe us out is now going to be turned against them in an ironic twist?

Im much happier where i am now with the creatures in the universe than i was then.

Give me Prometheus over Aliens any day. Especially the alternate cut.

Last edited:
yeah, it was "aliens" who killed aliens, not A4, AVP1, AVP2, Primitivus and Crapenant.
you're absolutely right!
and no, aliens never were "a perfect organism". the only reason they didn't kill him right away was before they were afraid of depressurising the ship. all in the lore and in creation of the idea.
a pistol - and no aliens around.
2017 and we have Engineers flying around space populating planets, and wiping out populations of planets. We have David creating this perfect creature. Possibly a war is about to take place? Between the Gods who created us, and the Gods we created? The Creature the Engineer was going to use to wipe us out is now going to be turned against them in an ironic twist?
throwing up icon.

yeah, it was "aliens" who killed aliens, not A4, AVP1, AVP2, Primitivus and Crapenant.
Yes, yes it was.

Care to explain to me how this creature that was built up with such reverence in Alien wasnt effected by it being made nothing in Aliens? Explain to me how the creature in Aliens was treated with care and respect? Where would you of took the future movies with the credibility that Aliens gave the Xenomorph? Aliens was great. It also left nowhere for the franchise to go. Thats why it killed it. You went into Aliens thinking oh crap, thers more than 1 ?! Surely they are all done for. Well, after you see 90 of them getting killed by a mixture of Marines and people who have never fired a gun in their lifes they soon lose their value. Im confident i could beat one away with a frying pan if it tried to enter my house.
and no, aliens never were "a perfect organism". the only reason they didn't kill him right away was before they were afraid of depressurising the ship. all in the lore and in creation of the idea.
a pistol
I dont know how to respond to this. They never were the perfect organism? Thats the whole point of their existence. In Alien, they told us via ash dialogue that the creature cannot be killed. "You still dont know what you are dealing with, the perfect organism." It was basically the tag line for the creature. Ridley Scott had scenes in mind of the Alien losing limbs and them regenerating but they never got around to doing it in the movie. But the intention was there, the creature they were using, the Alien could regenerate. It was on the merch, talked about in interviews. They forgot all about that Half way in to Aliens of course which is why they crapped all over the creature. And then they started to bring it back with Alien 3 and Prometheus/Covenant. Its always been " the perfect organism " its just Aliens chose to ignore that to appeal to the ADHD crowd who enjoy the shoot bangs and immediate gratification at the expense of the creature, lore and anything they could do afterwards. Aliens completely undid everything set up in Alien. They shot their bolt and left nowhere to go.

Last edited:
More fanfiction fantasy projected on stuff that is either too subtle to understand or too simple to enjoy. :lol

I love me some Aliens, but it's the antithesis to the first film. There's not much subtly at all. It's all about jump scares and action. While that's not a bad thing, but the more years have gone by the more I appreciate Alien more.

It's a great sequel of course, I'm not going to take anything away from it. And I love the real growth in courage of Ripley over the course of the film.

With that said, T2 is certainly the better sequel than Aliens even though I still find T1 better.

The more and more i watch the Alien movies and now incorporate Prometheus and Covenant into the loop it makes me think that Aliens is the movie that killed the franchise.

Aliens is great, until you sit back and think. This " perfect organism " is literally reduced to being a bug. Insects. They are nothing. Idiots. " Animals ". The atmosphere of bleak future with space truckers like the crew of the Nostromo is replaced with cheesy action 1 liners and generic evil company. We get a Queen out of nowhere with no explanation to have a final action sequence.

Like, where did we go from Aliens? The creature was already dead at the expense of making an action flick. I love Alien 3, but for some reason people hate it? In my eyes it was trying to undo the damage Aliens did to the creature by making it unique again, putting it in a setting with people who wernt action heroes and there was no weapons. The atmosphere was back to being bleak with realistic dialogue. Alien was very British in the dialogue, Aliens was very American and Alien 3 was back to being British. The creature was now a killer again that lived in the vents and moved around picking off people 1 by 1. I assume people are maybe just salty about the deaths of Hicks, Newt and Ripley undoing Aliens's happy ending...?

Prometheus and Covenant also do what they can to give the creature back some credibility again. Lore, a back story. The fact its intended to be this perfect organism again. We are presented with questions and mystery again. People may not like the movies as movies, but i hate it when they say the new movies killed the creature and its mystique. They were literally canon fodder in the 2nd movie. 31 years ago reality hit and the Xenomorph was something every man woman and child could kill with a pulse rifle. The adverts during kids tv shows had kids treating them like a joke.

Im much happier where i am now with the creatures in the universe than i was then.

Give me Prometheus over Aliens any day. Especially the alternate cut.

Uh oh.

4bc.jpg

You had to know you were kicking a hornets' nest with that post. I think some people love Aliens so much that they would much rather get a figure of the most obscure Aliens colonial marine with half a line of dialogue before they would give the prequels any consideration.

Personally, I love Aliens, but I have to agree with a lot of your points regarding how it stripped away any mystery to the creature. I quite like Prometheus and Alien Covenant as well, for their big philosophical ideas and for making the alien interesting and variable again. Are they perfect movies? Hell no, but at this point, I appreciate all the Alien movies for their respective strengths, and accept that each has its flaws.

Except for the AvP movies; they can take a hike. :lol

I've enjoyed them all, except for Resurrection.
I like Prometheus and Covenant (Covenant less so), but for me that story arc rests on what happens with the third in the (I assume) trilogy.
If it were me, I'd bring back Shaw - but not the Shaw we saw in Prometheus. DNA was brought up in both Prometheus and Alien 3 (the latter with the Alien taking on the form of it's host). I would have Shaw being a biomechanical / human hybrid, developed by the Space Jockeys (which in turn would be different to the Engineers).

Ridley Scott talked about Man stealing fire from the Gods. I would have it so that the Engineers stole technology from the Space Jockeys. The Space Jockeys who they are at war with are pi$$ed - as is Shaw, who wants revenge against David.

Just my ideal conclusion to that story.
I really wish they would have kept the cgi Fifield in Prometheus. More terrifying and I want to see more of things like that. Can you imagine a bunch of colonists on Covenant mutating in that way? Whoa!

Disney owns Alien now, so I'm sure whatever may have been planned is no more. :lol

The thing is that, hot toys should not show stuff on what they are going to release until finalized, Mark was talking to them in 2015 and they had no word on the figure why didnt they just come out and say it was canceled ffs i wanted that shaw figure so badly, all hot toys minds is MARVEL crap and that aint going to die down and time soon sadly so many people wanted Batman returns, 2.0 power loader,Shaw,1966 bat mobile. At this point hot toys should change their name to I KISS MARVELS @ss

The thing is that, hot toys should not show stuff on what they are going to release until finalized, Mark was talking to them in 2015 and they had no word on the figure why didnt they just come out and say it was canceled ffs i wanted that shaw figure so badly, all hot toys minds is MARVEL crap and that aint going to die down and time soon sadly so many people wanted Batman returns, 2.0 power loader,Shaw,1966 bat mobile. At this point hot toys should change their name to I KISS MARVELS @ss

Marvel and SW are where the money is at.

I've pretty much given up on Hot Toys releasing any figures I'd be interested in at this point. I'm finding myself more interested in other, cheaper manufacturers and will look to them to release something Alien franchise related.

Agreed, someone previewed a Bishop figure a while back and there a 2 companies releasing a figure of "Dave Cyborg". Apart from Star Wars OT and the Matrix, none of HT's current output interests me.

Back