1/6 Hot Toys - POTC5 - Jack Sparrow Figure (Artisan Edition + Regular) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this an accurate summary of the differences between the three?

StandardDeluxeArtisan
wool hairwool hairwool hair
diorama basediorama base
wool hair dreadlocks and fabric bandana

No, the only version with wool hair is artisan, the Standard and Deluxe have sculpted hair recycled from DX15.

Deluxe appears to be the same as standard but for the more elaborate base.

Artisan has fabric bandana and wool hair. that separates it from the others. They are advertising genuine leather bits, but from the pictures, they look the same as DX06 which was not genuine leather, so unless they're placeholders for photos, I'd say that's false.

On display at Secret Base. Seeing the deluxe base here actually shows how nice it is. It being designed to be at an angle makes the entire display come across way more dynamic.

Gives it a nice sense of movement with Jack being posed in the opposite direction as if the boat he's on is swaying in the ocean. Big difference when compared to the standard flat one.

zU1Xq3Z.jpeg
UsR9Av2.jpeg
ZonJmLK.jpeg

L003oaX.jpeg
W9jxZ7X.jpeg

No, the only version with wool hair is artisan, the Standard and Deluxe have sculpted hair recycled from DX15.

Deluxe appears to be the same as standard but for the more elaborate base.

Artisan has fabric bandana and wool hair. that separates it from the others. They are advertising genuine leather bits, but from the pictures, they look the same as DX06 which was not genuine leather, so unless they're placeholders for photos, I'd say that's false.

The spec for the Deluxe and Standard both include this line

Detailed hair sculpture with a mix of fabric wool hair implantation, sculpted dreadlocks and braids, sculpted hair accessories and red bandana

The Artisan spec says this

Greatly detailed hair style using hair implantation (wool material), new accessories, and red fabric bandana

Is there anywhere other than Sideshow that sells Artisan outside HK? Also, how do you get RSVP for Sideshow? Really want to try for Artisan!

On display at Secret Base. Seeing the deluxe base here actually shows how nice it is. It being designed to be at an angle makes the entire display come across way more dynamic.

Gives it a nice sense of movement with Jack being posed in the opposite direction as if the boat he's on is swaying in the ocean. Big difference when compared to the standard flat one.

I love the rudder and hated losing that when I had to sell my DX06, it was a great display, but I will say, it felt a bit flat in overall display because there was no context to it. I love the deluxe base because it turns the display almost into like a 3D painting or something, more dynamic overall.

The spec for the Deluxe and Standard both include this line

The Artisan spec says this

Ah, ok, I can clear that up. So on DX15, and now the Standard and Deluxe here, 90% of the hair is sculpted, There is some faux hair for the "ponytail" hanging off the bandana on the right side of his head, and some strands coming out of the bandana at the front left of his head. Sounds like they may be using wool for those this go around.

So technically there is some wool, but it's not the same as getting the Artisan version.

Back