1/6 Hot Toys - POTC5 - Jack Sparrow Figure (Artisan Edition + Regular) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who's Dino and where can their bandana work be seen?
DinoYa who primarily makes custom 1/6 ties. You can see his bandana for the DX15 below. You have to contact him through Instagram or facebook though. Shipping isn't cheap however, so it's probably best to try to order more than one thing if you can.

Stoked regardless to have this. As long as the regular version is an overall upgrade to the current DX15, I’m good. Can’t believe the Artisan would be close to $600 though when it’s all said and done (going off of Artisan Joker off SS). That’s INART money, or in my case, a sizable chunk of it that I can put towards Gandalf or Pennywise since I missed them. Even this Collector Edition will be expensive for what it is…

The good news about going for the non-artisan is that you can order it from another retailer to possibly get it cheaper, double boxed, maybe not get hit with tax and Sideshow's stupidly expensive shipping if you live outside of CA.

Some non-official photos from JC Hong if you scroll:

The neutral expression looks better here. Smiling one looks like Johnny, but doesn't feel like Jack IMO.

Pictures of serious sculpt from the sculptor's IG page. So, this is a brand new one and not a reuse of the DX15. Looks much better here.

IMG_1598.jpeg

IMG_1599.jpeg

IMG_1600.jpeg

And one of the smiling sculpt

IMG_1601.jpeg

EDIT: Rotfish beat me to it by a few minutes :lol

I was regretful I didn't get the DX15, and I wasn't willing to pay the aftermarket prices. I wasn't expecting another Jack release. A bit of a shame it's from DMTNT, but it is what it is.

I won't worry about this until it's out, but I'm either going Collectors or Deluxe depending on the price difference. Artisan doesn't seem to offer anything special. The bandana is a nice touch though.

Who's Dino and where can their bandana work be seen?
I've seen Dino's work on the Mars Joker tie. Very well done. Highly recommend.

Coco would be the man to connect with on that.

Edit: looks like Gip already gave better details. My apologies. Follow his comment. Better information.

Pictures of serious sculpt from the sculptor's IG page. So, this is a brand new one and not a reuse of the DX15. Looks much better here.

View attachment 695049
View attachment 695050
View attachment 695051

And one of the smiling sculpt

View attachment 695052

EDIT: Rotfish beat me to it by a few minutes :lol
Curious that they're not showing off the Artisan heads like this. Sculpted bandana looks even more reasonably sized in these photos. Surface appears more matte too, which is a plus.

I am not enough of a fan of these films that would warrant a purchase but I'd almost buy a smirking head sculpt just to stare at it.

I'm gonna buy this ******* thing, aren't I?

Is that not InArt expectations? Have InArt lit a fire under their ass?

I was regretful I didn't get the DX15, and I wasn't willing to pay the aftermarket prices. I wasn't expecting another Jack release. A bit of a shame it's from DMTNT, but it is what it is.

I won't worry about this until it's out, but I'm either going Collectors or Deluxe depending on the price difference. Artisan doesn't seem to offer anything special. The bandana is a nice touch though.
Yeah, why TF did they have to use DMTNT? To avoid licensing issues or something? Would have loved if this was one of the first three films.

I've seen Dino's work on the Mars Joker tie. Very well done. Highly recommend.

Coco would be the man to connect with on that.

Edit: looks like Gip already gave better details. My apologies. Follow his comment. Better information.
I believe Coco organized those runs since he was already getting those ties for himself and the shipping was so expensive for just one tie. Sort of why I have a running list of ties I want to get from Dino and just buy them all at once since that shipping will be stupid :LOL:

But that does bring up a good idea that one should probably wait until this figure is released to see if Coco gets this and is willing to organize another run for the bandanas.
Curious that they're not showing off the Artisan heads like this. Sculpted bandana looks even more reasonably sized in these photos. Surface appears more matte too, which is a plus.
I agree. You'd think they'd want to show off their artisan version, but maybe the sculptor only had the standard headpiece to work with? Not really sure how all that works and if these are in-house sculptors or work from home type sculptors.

I am not enough of a fan of these films that would warrant a purchase but I'd almost buy a smirking head sculpt just to stare at it.
I'm not going to lie, I've done that before :lol Not even anything fancy, but instead of buying a full figure, I'd get the headsculpt to one in case I were to use it in the future for something.

Yeah, why TF did they have to use DMTNT? To avoid licensing issues or something? Would have loved if this was one of the first three films.
Could be that they only have the DMTNT license rather than a full POTC franchise one, and either aren't willing to go for the previous movies or can't.

Last edited:
As much as I hate those large diamond display bases, it being used here for the standard/collector's edition is much better than that cheap craftboard with wood print that came with the DX06 that tended to warp upward. Though, I think a better option would've been the large display stand that came with Thanos and Venom

Screenshot 2024-03-28 025826.png

Can someone please explain to me how this artisan thing works? Is it just available through SS? And likely impossible to get?

I have no experience ordering through SS at all.

Thanks in advance. 👍🏻

Again feel like the smirk is off but looking good! Thinking might keep my DX15 also. Shame it isn't a different expression set.
Can someone please explain to me how this artisan thing works? Is it just available through SS? And likely impossible to get?

Thanks in advance. 👍🏻
Also this I'm wondering if it will be like joker where you join a queue. Hopefully not like anakin. 😬😬

Again feel like the smirk is off but looking good! Thinking might keep my DX15 also. Shame it isn't a different expression set.

Also this I'm wondering if it will be like joker where you join a queue. Hopefully not like anakin. 😬😬
Remember Artisan Anakin, that's how any Artisan release will be.

Have fun lol

Thanks in advance. 👍🏻
Sideshow is the only legit place to order one outside of direct from one of the HT shops. Some HK resellers will attempt to get some there's typically not a guarantee there either, even if you do get an order in, at least for the more legit one(s). Usually by the time someone reports here that somewhere is getting stock, they're sold out already :lol I wouldn't suggest trying TW no matter how desperate anyone may be and apparently Pop Collectibles is no better.

Sideshow does a randomized queue system for the exclusives on the day of pre-order at a designated time that tends to fail some of the time. You'll be put in a "line" with a randomly assigned number/position in that line. Then you wait for your turn to potentially order one if you're lucky enough. For a recent example, just look at some of the reactions from ppl who just went through the queue system for the latest Star Wars Trooper exclusive. Not fun.

Is it impossible to get? No. But, will it be difficult? Depends on who you ask. Some ppl on here have been able to get every artisan figure that has gone up with apparent ease. Other's have gotten one or none at all. I've attempted to get all the artisan figures so far with only managing to get TDK Joker.

There's only 4000 worldwide and we have no idea how many Sideshow will be getting unless they tell us. With that said, TDK Joker was relatively easy to get with that amount available but that might've been b/c InArt Joker was recently released at the time if I remember correctly, so less ppl might've been inclined to order one. Anakin was 3500 and Wanda was 2500.

What might be on ppl's side who want the Artisan version is that there could be a number of collectors who are already happy with the DX15 and/or even the DX06

Last edited:
Sideshow is the only legit place to order on outside of direct from one of the HT shops. Some HK retailers will attempt to get some there's typically not a guarantee there either. Usually by the time someone reports here that somewhere is getting stock, they're sold out already :lol

Sideshow does a randomized queue system for the exclusives on the day of pre-order at a designated time that tends to fail some of the time. You'll be put in a "line" with a randomly assigned number/position in that line. Then you wait for your turn to potentially order one if you're lucky enough. For a recent example, just look at some of the reactions from ppl who just went through the queue system for the latest Star Wars Trooper exclusive. Not fun.

Is it impossible to get? No. But, will it be difficult? Depends on who you ask. Some ppl on here have been able to get every artisan figure that has gone up with apparent ease. Other's have gotten one or none at all. I've attempted to get all the artisan figures so far with only managing to get TDK Joker.

There's only 4000 worldwide and we have no idea how many Sideshow will be getting unless they tell us.

Thanks bud.

Back