1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion, those two figures look different enough that it will be like comparing apples to oranges. Thus, I suggest that you decide what matters the most to you. I'll give you some examples below.

Cap Pros:
- I like Cap's bearded and rugged look with the rolled up sleeves. His look in IW is also unique compared to previous Cap releases.
- I like the Black Order spears that you get with the Movie Promo version.
- Cap is one of my favorite characters.
- This release of Cap has more interesting accessories (for me) compared to Thor.

Cap Cons:
- I prefer a little more color but I understand that it may not go well with his rugged look in IW. Besides, there are other version of Cap with brighter colors.
- The head sculpt is not 100% in my opinion but it still looks good to me. There are not too many figures (that I am aware of) that have a 100% accuracy anyway.
- I prefer his classic shield although the Wakanda shields look cool and interesting if you want something different.

Thor Pros:
- The head sculpt looks good.
- I like his swap out arms because it gives you more display options.
- The light up feature is a plus.
- The cape can also be removed for an additional display option.

Thor Cons:
- I am not a fan of his short haired look and his eye patch. I prefer the longer hair from previous movies.
- I prefer the look of the mjolnir to the axe he got in IW.

I hope this helps. I also suggest watching reviews on YouTube or reading Michael Crawford's review on the Thor figure (link below).

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-111218a.htm

appreciate the reply thank you

i actually pulled the trigger on Thor last night for a couple reasons.

1. being if we’re comparing movie moments i can’t see anyone with a better scene in IW than Thor. and although i agree with the weapon thing i think down the road this will be one of the more coveted Thors

2. i’ll probably get whatever version of Endgame Captain America they release. judging by the trailer he’s wearing the stealth suit which is my favorite suit i just heard bad things about his Hot Toys figure

so for me Thor now, Cap later seemed to be the right move.

that’s if i don’t cave on a Cap before that lol

You can go Cap, no Bucky. Can’t go Bucky, no Cap, haha.

It is really a well done figure. Regardless of how one views the accuracy of the sculpt, the paint work is superb and the tailoring of the clothing is amazing. Very form fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Grins*:cool: Well, I personally could. Seein' as Winter Soldier is my favorite MCU character. Can't remember which fig started my addiction but it might've been TWS Bucky. But. I get a Bucky and then there was the Cap Stealth set and all of a sudden I'm shopping for display shelves:lol. Tho not really sure now...tho I do remember a few box openings and just being stunned, in a good way.:)

At least when I started u could still get some of the TWS figs, and others, at retail NIB. (Now I felt lucky to pick up Ultron Cap this past summer marked up NIB, but bearable.:horror)

I was never as bothered as some by Cap uniform fit - like, my Stealth Cap never got modded. Part of that is I figure over time padded fatsuits and/or costumes are gonna soften up anyway (could be wrong about that.:dunno) Gotta admit tho Concept Cap looks pretty d*mn good w. the form-fitting suit (and newer body?) Think this IW Cap uses the same materials more or less.

So for all my whining if there's a deal to be had, I'll probably get this Cap. Eventually:banghead. 'Coz IW Bucky is on PO, and it's probably the only IW version of Cap that will ever be. And I have most of the Caps. Most of all the HOLE on the shelf if I don't get him.:(
Cap, Widow, Bucky...only IW figs I ended up planning on.:blissysmi

3-avengers-infinity-war-e1524835899645.jpg

*Grins*:cool: Well, I personally could. Seein' as Winter Soldier is my favorite MCU character. Can't remember which fig started my addiction but it might've been TWS Bucky. But. I get a Bucky and then there was the Cap Stealth set and all of a sudden I'm shopping for display shelves:lol. Tho not really sure now...tho I do remember a few box openings and just being stunned, in a good way.:)

At least when I started u could still get some of the TWS figs, and others, at retail NIB. (Now I felt lucky to pick up Ultron Cap this past summer marked up NIB, but bearable.:horror)

I was never as bothered as some by Cap uniform fit - like, my Stealth Cap never got modded. Part of that is I figure over time padded fatsuits and/or costumes are gonna soften up anyway (could be wrong about that.:dunno) Gotta admit tho Concept Cap looks pretty d*mn good w. the form-fitting suit (and newer body?) Think this IW Cap uses the same materials more or less.

So for all my whining if there's a deal to be had, I'll probably get this Cap. Eventually:banghead. 'Coz IW Bucky is on PO, and it's probably the only IW version of Cap that will ever be. And I have most of the Caps. Most of all the HOLE on the shelf if I don't get him.:(
Cap, Widow, Bucky...only IW figs I ended up planning on.:blissysmi

View attachment 439457

You seem to be a very passionate collector, lol

I missed out on the previous WS's, so I'm looking forward to the IW WS. I think IW CA figure looks good, however it's not my favorite design admittedly.

I’m actually considering selling or trading my concept cap to buy this. I love the concept cap for sure, he’s amazing but before it’s all done I’ll have almost all IW figures except him. Would be nice to complete the set. We’ll see

You seem to be a very passionate collector, lol

I missed out on the previous WS's, so I'm looking forward to the IW WS. I think IW CA figure looks good, however it's not my favorite design admittedly.

*Grins*. LOL guess for the first 10 years of the MCU - especially for Team Cap - yeah, love my collection. And when HT is on IMO at the price they are unbeatable. But not sure I will be into the next phases of the MCU. And slowly I'm getting priced out. The promo Cap with shipping is a lot.

So I need HT to do good for End Game. After that hafta see what HT does - like someone said HT could milk the Marvel license for years - making DX versions or something.

Hoping Bucky (and Shuri) are as good as Hela - great protos; just wish they would release sooner.

My opinion is if you could only get one I would get Thor. He comes with a lot more...interchangeable arms...light effects and just seems to really stand out on the shelf. Not to mention he will look amazing next to Groot and Rocket (if you get those). Cap is really cool figure but think the End Game Figure that is bound to release will probably be a more classic looking Cap if you missed out on those from before. But you can’t go wrong with either figure. Both are pretty awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much the only reason I bought Groot and Rocket was to be accessories for Thor.

Same for me. I had initially cancelled, but if you're on the fence, pick him up. Badass is very accurate!!

Yep. I did the same. Ordered him then canceled and bought Concept Cap. Found an amazing deal
on this one so had to grab him. Actually prefer him over the concept which might now get put up for sale.

Same! Going to hold out for End Game offerings first though, I do like the contrast, have the concept with a clean unmasked sculpt.

Same! Going to hold out for End Game offerings first though, I do like the contrast, have the concept with a clean unmasked sculpt.
I put the IW head on my concept cap and it looks really good. Only thing tho the neck plug came off the headsculpt and was stuck on the neck peg got it off but now need to glue it back.
I do plan on getting the end game cap which is why I’ll probably sell the concept. Don’t need 3. 2 is my max per character except iron man

Same for me. I had initially cancelled, but if you're on the fence, pick him up. Badass is very accurate!!

Yep. I did the same. Ordered him then canceled and bought Concept Cap. Found an amazing deal
on this one so had to grab him. Actually prefer him over the concept which might now get put up for sale.

I agree. I finally got around to setting mine up last night, and I'm really liking the look. Plus I'm glad I ordered the movie promo version, as I like the Outrider base plus getting the glaive allowed me to update the poses of both my IW Black Widow (spear) and AoU Vision (glaive) .

Back