1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing this figure next to the CW one makes me really conclude that the CW Cap is the weakest modern incarnation. With the stocky neck and barrel torso I can't help but feel it was a step back from the AOU one. CW has been on my axing list for a while, and the more I've seen the more I've felt resolute in doing so. AOU reigns king in my eyes. Though if they go back and do a new Stealth Suit it could dethrone him.

I had both the normal and Battlin CW Cap and Battlin Cap looks better body wise, dont know why(maybe the darker colors)? I sold my normal CW Cap awhile ago but still like the Battlin version

Seeing this figure next to the CW one makes me really conclude that the CW Cap is the weakest modern incarnation. With the stocky neck and barrel torso I can't help but feel it was a step back from the AOU one. CW has been on my axing list for a while, and the more I've seen the more I've felt resolute in doing so. AOU reigns king in my eyes. Though if they go back and do a new Stealth Suit it could dethrone him.
I have said the same thing! AoU is the absolute best version (imo). The only issue I've ever had with him are his pants. They are way too baggy & lopsided. Had to do some folding n tucking, but I think the only real fix is finding a pair of CW pants and swapping. So, I've been on the look out for anyone wanting to piece him out. Ebay has every Cap pant and top EXCEPT CW. Also, I skipped on the stealth suit because the in hand reviews looked horrible. The body just didnt fit the suit. I think the AoU suit used a new muscle body, but if they revamp the stealth or the A1 figures, I will be the first to preorder. I wouldn't mind having an army of Caps. I could add it to my BAT army!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Funny how we all see things differently and that is what makes life fun. I ended up selling my AOU cap because i thought the Battling CW Cap was the best so far but the Concept Cap is very close IMO. I don't have the IW Cap in hand yet.

AOU leagues worse than CW in outfit department, chest is way puffier with no articulation & horrible pants with wandering knees. Sold mine when I put them side to side, though I prefer the AOU colors. To each their own I guess.

Certainly, to each their own and I absolutely concede some of the points you make. The kneepads are finicky and the shoulders are limited for sure. I appreciate the tighter tailoring on the AOU over the intentional looseness of some of the CW work. I've seen some nice mods on the CW figure that bring the body shape out, I will say. I'd be interested to see someone port the CW suit to the IW body.

I had both the normal and Battlin CW Cap and Battlin Cap looks better body wise, dont know why(maybe the darker colors)? I sold my normal CW Cap awhile ago but still like the Battlin version

This is an interesting point; I'd be interested to know if anyone has checked the bodies between the two. I know at the time the angry face was a selling point for the CW Cap, I know for me it was, but it would be interesting to see if there were further structural differences.

I have said the same thing! AoU is the absolute best version (imo). The only issue I've ever had with him are his pants. They are way too baggy & lopsided. Had to do some folding n tucking, but I think the only real fix is finding a pair of CW pants and swapping. So, I've been on the look out for anyone wanting to piece him out. Ebay has every Cap pant and top EXCEPT CW. Also, I skipped on the stealth suit because the in hand reviews looked horrible. The body just didnt fit the suit. I think the AoU suit used a new muscle body, but if they revamp the stealth or the A1 figures, I will be the first to preorder. I wouldn't mind having an army of Caps. I could add it to my BAT army!

The CW pant swap was something I really wish I would have put more thought into when the figure was being parted out at the time. But since I had the CW one PO'd I didn't think much of it as I didn't need the AOU figure to be super posable when the CW lent itself to that. I've always thought that the winning move would be to excise the kneepads on the pants, stich in some stretchy material to fill the void, and then attach and insert an elastic band to the kneepads which runs into the pants and behind the knee. Then you could float the knee pads with your pose and it's all hidden.

Funny how we all see things differently and that is what makes life fun. I ended up selling my AOU cap because i thought the Battling CW Cap was the best so far but the Concept Cap is very close IMO. I don't have the IW Cap in hand yet.
Absolutely. Seems the Cap fans aren't so aggressive towards one another about what's better haha! And I definitely agree, there are a lot of merits to the CW Cap that make him a good figure all the same too. I need to dig up one of the action poses I had mine in for a good while. AOU could never do that.

Certainly, to each their own and I absolutely concede some of the points you make. The kneepads are finicky and the shoulders are limited for sure. I appreciate the tighter tailoring on the AOU over the intentional looseness of some of the CW work. I've seen some nice mods on the CW figure that bring the body shape out, I will say. I'd be interested to see someone port the CW suit to the IW.

The battling version is the one i got, so that may factor in & though I really liked the AOU colors better & loved the magnet feature, those 2 were too similar for me. Was trying to justify this IW version because I like the rolled up sleeves & vagabond look, but once again it’s too much like the battling version. Hoping the Endgame version is an evolution instead of a revamp, which would leave me with FA, CW & scale mail Endgame with magnets(fingers crossed) to display Cap.

I keep going back to AOU's colors. They just really pop. Agreed that knee pads are an issue with Cap figures.

IW Cap looks a lot better in person and I don't mind the material as much. Yes, it's definitely a tighter fit!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

On the downside, the AOU Cap's pants fit in a really bizzare way and it can't put it's own arms down. Combined with the bright colors and weird proportions, the whole figure just looks really toy-ish to me. That's why iv'e always loved my battling Cap much more.

Battling Cap is really good, but unfortunately lacks the magnetic shield of the AoU version. Back on topic, I am surprised hot toys messed up this HS so badly, they had already nailed it many times with past releases, so wtf happened???. Did the beard really cause them that many problem?? It should of been an easy copy and paste with beard added. I really wanted to buy this, but I cannot justify buying a hs that's a major step backwards from the other older releases. Such a freakin shame, because everything else (costume, tailoring, body) about the figure looks stellar. I bought the 10th Anniversary Concept Cap instead, I really wanted this one, I usually buy every cap but damn this isn't cap too me, its a great caricature of him but its not chris evans cap, they lost the likeness.

Lol that obvious huh? I do honestly think it's hilarious how people will sit and repeat over and over again why they hate a figure and won't be buying it on a thread though. If you don't like it then don't buy it, doesn't seem that complicated to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

And the cycle has restarted...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its called being disappointed man, I have the right to say that just as you have the right to say your happy and excited with it.............. Besides if I said I loved it, I'd be lying (and trust me I wanted to love it, hence my post), but how would that help hot toys get better. Sure I could just avoid the thread entirely, but when you really want something and the product doesn't live up to your expectations, you have every right to return it and to write a negative review. The point in doing this is to let the company know what they can do better in the future (most companies want to know why you returned a product or decided not to buy it). I don't see why anyone would have a problem with that. Lastly, in the event that hot toys actually reads this ****, constructive criticism could help them get things right the next time we get a bearded Cap

Its called being disappointed man, I have the right to say that just as you have the right to say your happy and excited with it.............. Besides if I said I loved it, I'd be lying (and trust me I wanted to love it, hence my post), but how would that help hot toys get better. Sure I could just avoid the thread entirely, but when you really want something and the product doesn't live up to your expectations, you have every right to return it and to write a negative review. The point in doing this is to let the company know what they can do better in the future (most companies want to know why you returned a product or decided not to buy it). I don't see why anyone would have a problem with that. Lastly, in the event that hot toys actually reads this ****, constructive criticism could help them get things right the next time we get a bearded Cap
Right, yeah I get that but what I mean is that I doubt Hot Toys actually reads this forum lol. If you guys want change we'll have to speak with our wallets or somehow review the product where Hot Toys would see it, if that's even possible. My point is that complaining on here won't change anything. As unfortunate as it is, it's true.

Right, yeah I get that but what I mean is that I doubt Hot Toys actually reads this forum lol. If you guys want change we'll have to speak with our wallets or somehow review the product where Hot Toys would see it, if that's even possible. My point is that complaining on here won't change anything. As unfortunate as it is, it's true.

Sideshow deletes all negative reviews from their website, unfortunately this is the only place I can voice a negative opinion where it isn't deleted by the powers that be. I do think that both ssc and even some reps at hot toys read this site on occasion, not all the time but enough to get feedback on poor selling figures.

[emoji1787]

Nothing against you, man. Just saying that you should read at least the last 30-50 posts before yours.

[emoji1787]

Nothing against you, man. Just saying that you should read at least the last 30- 50 posts before yours.

Post 1483 would somewhat be a good place to start.

Id hate to be in the disappointment camp as I think this figure is great, looks so different than all Caps before(also why I really liked Gladiator Thor) so i doubt we ll get anything as different again. In hand the scupt is fine the only change i would make is to go back to the cloth material of the CW Cap but even that isnt a big issue for me. Having Cap, Thor and BW im enjoying the IW line so far.

Welcome my friend, you are not alone in the disappointment camp. :blissysmi

Id hate to be in the disappointment camp as I think this figure is great, looks so different than all Caps before(also why I really liked Gladiator Thor) so i doubt we ll get anything as different again. In hand the scupt is fine the only change i would make is to go back to the cloth material of the CW Cap but even that isnt a big issue for me. Having Cap, Thor and BW im enjoying the IW line so far.

Well yeah, that's one reason I am so p***** about this release, and re Bat's post I did cancel. Checked this thread to see if any incoming pics would make me change my mind....

Nope, IMO this is a fig that still looks best shadowed and at the back of the shelf, which for me is ridiculous from HT w. a figure they've done a stellar job on before.
And if they manage a great Bucky - oh, well, Bucky will just have to get paired up with Natasha and BP, unless they offer Cap for ~ $100 I might bite then.

SSC just emailed me that I can process the payment for this tomorrow and get it shipped. Still pretty excited for this figure (tho most on this forum do not seem to like it, that's ok) I just don't think I can take the hit, with the holidays right here I'm tapped out, but man I'd like to have this ship tomorrow.

Back