1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Pants has a slightly different pattern of red too.

Belt buckle is different, gloves are different, theres a detail under the spot for the star that's different, the shoulder harness buckles are different, and there's exposed material under the suit.

Other than that it's pretty close to the CW cap suit.

Well the sleeves are different, the collar is different, the boots, the placement of the star is different...other then having a similar look overall it’s pretty different

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:

It is different, but the overall design is the same. It's not a drastic change like the Avengers suit to TWS suit.

It is different, but the overall design is the same. It's not a drastic change like the Avengers suit to TWS suit.

It’s made to look the same as the past two suits but it’s got a lot of different things about it. They couldn’t just dirty up the AoU or CW suit and call it the new one.

Hmm few things there I didn't notice, but some circles look the same to me :dunno

Some things strike me as a redesign by necessity (i.e. similar situation to Golden age vs tfa). Possible they didn't have access to enough CW suits (molds/fabric etc) to completely recreate and went with the general aethstetic instead on a newly made suit instead.

Hmm few things there I didn't notice, but some circles look the same to me :dunno

Some things strike me as a redesign by necessity (i.e. similar situation to Golden age vs tfa). Possible they didn't have access to enough CW suits (molds/fabric etc) to completely recreate and went with the general aethstetic instead on a newly made suit instead.

A lot of it’s subtle. Which parts did you think where the same(keep in mind on like the shoulder pads the main difference is it’s a different material)

The top circle in both the 1st and 2nd picture if there's difference in the collar area must be stitching maybe?

3rd from the top on the 2nd picture just looks like the suits a bit creased

avengers logo being absent isn't new as he was missing that from airport scene on in cw

the circle showing on his ribs where it's red on the CW suit is I'm pretty sure red on the infinity war suit as well it's just heavily weathered.

Hadn't seen too many pics of his legs so the red actually looks pretty cool there and almost a throw back to how the blue strips on the legs were for AOU suit.

Just looks like a dirty AoU costume to me. The only real difference in look is his beard and lack of shield.

The top circle in both the 1st and 2nd picture if there's difference in the collar area must be stitching maybe?

3rd from the top on the 2nd picture just looks like the suits a bit creased

avengers logo being absent isn't new as he was missing that from airport scene on in cw

the circle showing on his ribs where it's red on the CW suit is I'm pretty sure red on the infinity war suit as well it's just heavily weathered.

Hadn't seen too many pics of his legs so the red actually looks pretty cool there and almost a throw back to how the blue strips on the legs were for AOU suit.

The collar..yep the stitching/piping is different.

The third one...it’s not the red but there are pleats in the new suit which create a new shape just about the red that are not on the old suit. Edit-see how as it comes out of the V on the old suit there’s one stitched line and on the new suit there are three almost pleats.

Edit-sorry the third one is the center section right? It is creased but that’s not the difference. The shapes are different. On the old suit there’s two little sections at the bottom of the V. On the new suit there’s a second Section that looks like a W.Easiest to tell if you look at the edges of the V on the old suit where it almost comes to a point, on the new suit it is way thicker and a different material and creates that W under the V

CC50EA53-3E2C-46BD-9E12-71B8BD1E5B83.jpeg

It’s not the logo, though clearly that’s different, but the material of the shoulder pad. The old suit has a shiny pleather type material and the new suit as a fabric material. It’s not a huge difference as it keeps the same shapes, but it illustrates that it’s an entirely new suit, not just a dirty version of the old suit.

Last edited:

Honestly, can't tell on the piping it looks to be the same shape so it's definitely something more subtle than that.

No not the center section that's different for sure I mean the left chest area circle. Doesn't look any different it's just wrinkled in that shot vs the infinity war shot on his left uhhh nipple lol

Honestly, I can't tell on the shoulder if the materials different. Looks pretty much the same :dunno

Did iron head studios do the costumes for this? They're credited for civil war, but not for Infinity War.

Honestly, can't tell on the piping it looks to be the same shape so it's definitely something more subtle than that.

No not the center section that's different for sure I mean the left chest area circle. Doesn't look any different it's just wrinkled in that shot vs the infinity war shot on his left uhhh nipple lol

Honestly, I can't tell on the shoulder if the materials different. Looks pretty much the same :dunno

Did iron head studios do the costumes for this? They're credited for civil war, but not for Infinity War.

Not sure what you mean by piping butt if this is what you mean...

The second pic is the actual suit prop when it was on display from civil war. You can tell the nipple area is like that from a stitched pattern not a crease. Lol nipple ....still feel 10 typing that.

Spoiler Spoiler:

As for iron head...they may have done some uncredited work but legacy did most the outside costume stuff. They had a pretty big on set/studio run costume team for this as well. I know a couple of other studios where subcontractors and uncredited as well.

Last edited:

Ah I see the stitching now in the closer shot. Is the other one three lines kinda just looks like the lighting making it look like a groove.
Are these both iron head studios then?

Ah I see the stitching now in the closer shot. Is the other one three lines kinda just looks like the lighting making it look like a groove.
Are these both iron head studios then?

I believe legacy did the new suit

Yeah a lot of those little details are hard to see. I used my iPad Pro which has a big screen and then zoomed way in so I kinda cheated. Lol

To HT’s credit, it does seem like they hit the differences, as far as that initial teaser shows. So kudos to them for actually trying I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe legacy did the new suit

Yeah a lot of those little details are hard to see. I used my iPad Pro which has a big screen and then zoomed way in so I kinda cheated. Lol

Ah I see lol yeah it makes me wonder if this is a golden age vs tfa situation then.

Cap looks so badass in the new trailer, I can’t wait to see this figure.

New Trailer does look bad ass indeed.
Really loving the battle worn suit.

Cap always gets the best parts of the trailers, it just makes me want the figure even more. So far this is my only must have.

I've suspected for a while that we'll see Cap in scale-mail for IW; wasn't sure how it would happen but the Wakanda connection works, plus there seems to be a hint of scale visible beneath the tears in the suit we've seen. I just can't imagine Marvel would pass up the chance to put him in that before his run is over. If so, that's the one to get, but it's all wild speculation on my part. :dunno

Back