1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4?? - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Funny because the third-party head sculpt was $50 and the HT CW BP retailed for $220... Yeah $260 is insane right?

Well we know who’s releasing next :hi5:

Didn’t they show hornet one time? I don’t wanna get my hopes high and they not release anything

When I saw that head sculpt on JC hong's instagram, this was a must pre-order. My first Marvel Hot Toys. :yess:

Funny because the third-party head sculpt was $50 and the HT CW BP retailed for $220... Yeah $260 is insane right?

Not insane, but it seems a tad high. Same price as Thor R Deluxe, and more than the deluxe versions of Star-Lord, Yondu and Spidey. I'm not sure how much the LEDs and the suit's "luminous reflective patterns" are worth, but those other releases still provide more bang for the buck IMO.

That said, I'll still be getting this eventually.

d0f71fcc16cd2988e70ac91fc029ad1e.jpg

No hesitation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, but my original plus the 3rd party HS is all I need. Like that overall look better.

I did preorder, though the price is spectacularly high tbh.

I'm not really sold on the reasoning that the LED gizmo bumps up the price - my rough guess is in China this stuff is worth a few bucks tops. It's just a small UV light :)

$260....Ouch! Ordered! Lol

He's too skinny now. WTH happened to the body they used for the first figure? Everything else looks good but this new body might be a deal breaker.

Instaordered. I may display the head on the CW version or pick up an eventual knockoff. I just hope HT doesn't skip Killmonger after teasing him in the pic, and include an unmasked portrait. I'd also like to see Okoye before they close out the line and move on to Infinity War.

It's the head sculpt that is costing us more. If it wasn't included I bet it would be 235-245.

These prices are gettin' out of hands considering that most of these figures are barebones and the quality isn't changing since 2012...

They added a light up stand and a new reflective suit. Along with a headsculpt. It's only $40 more. That's not bad at all. I'll order if I like the movie enough.

They added a light up stand and a new reflective suit. Along with a headsculpt. It's only $40 more. That's not bad at all. I'll order if I like the movie enough.

Comparing it strictly to the CW Panther, I agree that's a reasonable mark up. It's when you look at it vs. their other offerings that it seems high. So I guess I should have b#tched about the price of the CW version. Of course, I'm a huge BP fan, so I would have probably paid $260 no questions asked back then! :lol

About damn time they put this on pre-order.

I was surprised about the led lighting feature like many of you. Once I saw that I feared that we might be seeing some Ironman prices. But I'm glad about the middle ground price they have for it. Especially with all the accessories and stuff, it comes with.

:slap Considering this is the 2nd version of this character it is insane. It’s more then most of the deluxe figures. It’s also more then Neo which is a brand new figure with tons of accessories and oh I forgot about the Jack Sparrow DX which is literally $5 more :lecture

He's too skinny now. WTH happened to the body they used for the first figure? Everything else looks good but this new body might be a deal breaker.

This is too skinny? Come on now. The arms may be a bit too thin I can agree with that, But since I've owned it I actually had always thought the CW Panther could use a little bulking up in some areas. But I do like it enough the way it is.

Also, as always this is just the prototype.
marvel-black-panther-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-silo-903380.png

260$ given all that we getting isn’t bad at all....ya need to cut the **** or perhaps look into a cheaper hobby....I was expecting 300$+ for it

Back