1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4?? - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Then that's your decision to make. But it's not everyone's. Personally, if Cap was in 50 movies I enjoyed and wore 50 different costumes, I'd happily own 50 Caps.

So perhaps in the future you'll consider that you don't speak for all of us when choosing how to voice your dissatisfaction.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

lol i was speaking for myself, like I always do. Not sure why you thought i was speaking for you, unless i was a force projection you. Where in the world would you display 50 caps, 50 thors, 50 widows, 50 ant mans, 50 black widows and so on.. do you live in time square or something lol.

lol i was speaking for myself, like I always do. Not sure why you thought i was speaking for you, unless i was a force projection you.

Yeah, I dunno where I'd get that idea.

us collectors really only want 1 representation of a character, the best version possible

Oh right, it was when you literally declared what it was "us collectors" wanted from our toys/collections.

Yeah, I dunno where I'd get that idea.

Oh right, it was when you literally declared what it was "us collectors" wanted from our toys/collections.

well im sorry, ill fix it.... "most collectors want the best representation of the character possible, other collectors want to spend $250 a piece collecting them all like pokemon regardless of the quality increases or how worthless the outdated versions become"

Are you happy now lol

Everybody crying over a few extra dollars for a $200+ figure, Timewalker has it $10 cheaper ($250)!

Their service blows SSC away in terms of customer service. Honestly screw SSC, not impress with how they handle certain issues.

https://www.timewalkertoys.com/Black-Panther-Marvel-Hot-Toys-Movie-Masterpiec-p/hty-903380.htm

Yes, I also had a pleasant experience with Timewalker. The owner is a great guy who is very responsive to questions, they double box for free, allow you to use Paypal and get charged only when the product is about to arrive at their warehouse. Best of all, they give free shipping for purchases over $350.

Re: this figure, I think it is on the expensive side but not outrageously expensive. I believe that Hot Toys is trying to test the price sensitivity of collectors with a figure that is likely to have a high demand due to a new head sculpt and unique special effects. I will most likely pre-order this figure at Timewalker though despite the asking price of Hot Toys.

Yes, I also had a pleasant experience with Timewalker. The owner is a great guy who is very responsive to questions, they double box for free, allow you to use Paypal and get charged only when the product is about to arrive at their warehouse. Best of all, they give free shipping for purchases over $350.

Re: this figure, I think it is on the expensive side but not outrageously expensive. I believe that Hot Toys is trying to test the price sensitivity of collectors with a figure that is likely to have a high demand due to a new head sculpt and unique special effects. I will most likely pre-order this figure at Timewalker though despite the asking price of Hot Toys.

I totally agree with you JB24!

Ordered. Very happy with the proto here. I’m glad they found a way to incorporate the lighting, and hopefully the intense paint application is the reason for the increase and this isn't the normal price of a well-padded release.

I'm going to grab the HS off this one for my CW version and see what suit upgrades he has in the next couple Avengers movies before maybe picking up a second BP. When this ships we should know what outfit he will have in Avengers 4. I'm hoping for some cool battle damaged outfits for BP and everyone else in IW. I will pick up Killmonger whenever he is available.

Me personally I am happy with one or two ironmen or captain america. I don't need every verson. Spiderman on the other hand I will buy every version. I just love the character. Thats me tho.

Me personally I am happy with one or two ironmen or captain america. I don't need every verson. Spiderman on the other hand I will buy every version. I just love the character. Thats me tho.

That's me with IM. It's almost automatic that if IM is in a movie that i will pick up the suit he has but for the rest (excluding Cap) i only have one of each

The only figure I have a mild 'buyers regret' over is TWS Black Widow. At the time I was getting one of each character in a small collection, and she was on special, cheaper than AoU. As it turns out, I swapped her out in my display with AoU eventually because I ended up getting all the other main AoU figures.... As it also turns out, they actually got the headsculpt right for Civil War, with a similar all black look, and I kind of kick myself because I don't need two solo display black costume Widows, so while I want Civil War, I can't be assed trying to sell TWS so I can buy it..

But that's life. But I sure as hell assure you. I'm not going to upgrade every single one of them to their Infinity War counterparts, and I was never going to play the wait game and hold off buying figures just to wait for the newest and best looking version. Gee, I could be dead by the time and would never have had the enjoyment that the last two or three years of figures has given me... On the other hand, the mrs would get more money from me via my estate.. I'm sure the 3/4000 dollars or so in my bank would be more useful to her than a bunch of old figures that she'll never find the time or inclination to find an audience to sell to..

I tend to just grab one interpretation of a certain character. I couldn't stress myself enough, if I'd have to hold back year after year, just waiting for Hot toys to make the define version of the figure. Like for instance when the first guardians movie came out, I knew hot toys woud come to make and improve the characters once the sequil would come out. Yet knowing that, I still went for the first star-lord figure and decided to just stick with it, no mather how cool the second version would be.

Now having seen the Vol 2. figure. I'm still happy with the decigion I made. As cool as the Vol 2 figure is, I do find the Vol 1 figure being a lot more iconic.

I guess they should call him Black & Silver Panther. How hard is it to design an all-black costume? Movie costume designers should really stop overdesigning. I'm sure a straight guy like BP would never put all that silver jewelry/decorations on his suit.

Anyway, it's a good time NOT to be a Marvel fan with all these figures coming out. I'm not a fan because I worked for 3 years as a Marvel penciler and we were kicked out when that racist Joe Quesada took over as senior editor.

HT just posted a video of the light up effects. Looks simply incredible.

so. i knew that HT would make BP from his stand alone movie...(pretty sure we all knew). initially i didn’t think the costume would change that much, & i’d be happy with my CW one...but now this light up feature put this guy on my list to pick up...& just when i wouldn’t bite, HT reels me in again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That light up feature is genius

Hmm, kinda thinking they need to make the masked head a bit smaller so it doesn't throw off the proportions and make the body seem too skinny. Right now it's reminding me of the behind the scenes footage of Boseman wearing the actual mask in CW, before he was completely recreated in CG with a smaller head and more comic book-style proportions.

I know it's not going to happen with this movie but between Avengers 3 and 4 and future BP movies i hope some ladies get the HT treatment.

Back