1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4?? - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Neat! Will be interesting to see the price point with that blacklight stand, but glad they're doing a little more with the format

i think i actually prefer the CW suit. the sculpted abs look weird...will still probably buy tho :slap

Boring af

I like the CW version a bit more but this one has some cool extras. The display to light it up would take up to much room in my display and would go back in the box after playing with it for little while.

Interesting. Very Interesting. The inclusion of the photoreactive pigments on the suit is REALLY cool - but the question I have is if the LEDs are in fact true blacklights - if so you're emitting UV light straight into your detolf or shelf. If it's shorter than 400nm then that's a bad idea. Now that's not to say they can't be using a pigment that gets excited by a visible wavelength of light, some in the bluish 400nm region will do that, and by all accounts that should be fine. Points for some dang crafty innovation on the concept though, that I will certainly concede.

As far as the figure goes, everything looks solid as I expected. Sculpt is great, tailoring looks awesome, and the helmet has improved eyes reflecting the CG changes to the one in film. I'm not sold on the shoulder area, but all the picture seem to be taken at a really awkward upward facing angle - might be perspective.

Ha! Didn't I say they would make the new BP light up!?

Yay, me!

:clap

Holy crap this looks awesome! Pre ordering for sure.

omg i'm getting this!!!!! it will be my first and only male figure 😊😂

I wonder if they're going to use this lighting trick on IW Spider-Man?

Well I'm glad I didn't buy the Civil War fig, because I do always go for the full headed look on these figures. Still I probably won't buy this as I'm really trying to save more money this year.. (have a TV I want to buy and another vehicle to save up for at some point)

Definately the more tempting figure..

Looks great, I’m excited for this one!

Well I'm glad I didn't buy the Civil War fig, because I do always go for the full headed look on these figures. Still I probably won't buy this as I'm really trying to save more money this year.. (have a TV I want to buy and another vehicle to save up for at some point)

Definately the more tempting figure..

If you miss this one there will be more from BP2, BP3, team up in Captain Marvel 2, etc. I'm probably just going to pick up the HS sometime down the line for my CW BP.

Last edited:

Like the full reveal HS, but there seems to be something off about his proportions; head too small, torso too long, legs too squat. Unless that’s how he really is in real life, it just looks disproportionate to me.

This one's body proportions are much better. I cannot deny it. But this pink panterish helmet ruins many thing. Also the details of the first costume are much better. I have no reason to change it.

I missed the Civil War version so I was waiting for an announcement, I don't have much hope for the BP movie but I'll definitely be getting this, and an extra head sculpt is always a great addition.

I missed the Civil War version so I was waiting for an announcement, I don't have much hope for the BP movie but I'll definitely be getting this, and an extra head sculpt is always a great addition.

Why don't you have much hope for the movie.... it's probably going to be Marvel's best movie or in the top 3. This is the best acting cast any Marvel movie has had so far.

Looks really good. So glad I passed on CW version. This will pair well with the Killmonger I plan on getting.

Even though I like the CW costume a bit better, this is easily the better overall figure with more bang for your bucks. The lights, the Boseman sculpt, however they're doing the eye slits(some where you can see his eyes, others where it's little shaded eyeholes), it's a good looking figure. Gonna try to budget him in.

Im good with my CW version but I do want the unmasked sculpt.

Why don't you have much hope for the movie.... it's probably going to be Marvel's best movie or in the top 3
Well the clips didn't get me excited and I didn't like the tone or the CG, but I generally feel that way about most Marvel movies lately like Ultron and Thor, and it bums me out. But I love the BP character so I'm getting this figure regardless, if the movie is good that'll be a bonus lol. :)

Back