1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing that is certain and unfortunate is now that Chadwick has sadly passed, there will be oodles of sculpts of him popping up on the custom market, much like what happened with Kobe Bryant, Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger etc.

Not unfortunate in the sense we may finally get a head that looks like him, but unfortunate it takes the hype of an untimely passing of a man to "inspire" people.

I don't usually complain about Marvel stuff not being over exposed but I was always confused about why such a popular movie never had any more than one attempted custom sculpt on the market with such a bad official likeness.

Any chance Hot Toys will release this Infinity War 1/6 Black Panther figure?

Hot-Toys-Avengers-Infinity-War-Display-057.jpg

I hope so..
I had to sell off a bunch of figures earlier this year and was hoping to add him back into my collection.
Or maybe they'll do like they did with MkIV or IW Thor and have a second run :pray:

They'll definitely make a new version, he even has a shot at being a DX. I'm looking forward to whatever they make. They should release a tactical suit Killmonger to match as well.

May C.B. rest in peace.. It was awesome watching him bring T'C/Black Panther to life in live action in multiple motion pictures..

Black Panther was the first superhero film I've seen in the cinemas since Spider-Man 3 back then.

I quite liked BP's soundtrack, and liked this song upon hearing it, but now it hits harder.

JtoDZCV.jpg

AKDkEQG.jpg

It was a great film to see in the theatre no doubt and CB along with much of the rest of the cast did a wonderful job brining is into that world.

Yes cool looking figure Zurdo and thanks for sharing that song!

It was a great film to see in the theatre no doubt and CB along with much of the rest of the cast did a wonderful job brining is into that world.

Yes cool looking figure Zurdo and thanks for sharing that song!

Agreed! :)

Nice movie moment! But, man, at this time I find it somewhat difficult to watch him in those films.. it just hits you hard in the gut.

It really does. What sucks is before he died the civil war suit was going for like 198 on eBay now it?s 700. I hate those types of people . Ugh

I hope so..
I had to sell off a bunch of figures earlier this year and was hoping to add him back into my collection.
Or maybe they'll do like they did with MkIV or IW Thor and have a second run :pray:
They are going to reissue the Mark IV?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Probably buried under all the Disney news, but Feige announced they won't recast T'Challa

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/10...an-black-panther-recast-marvel-studios-sequel

Marvel Studios is moving forward with the Black Panther franchise, but the studio will not recast Chadwick Boseman?s King T?Challa.

Instead, the movie will pay tribute to the character and the late actor and rely on other characters that appeared in the film, according to Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios chief. Ryan Coogler is still on board to write and direct the film. It?s scheduled to be released on July 8th, 2022.

848249B6-7C40-4597-B747-9D3B311D87E2.jpeg4880163A-C948-4BFC-9C6A-E59D89031B27.jpeg

I picked up the GS Toys T?Challa to go with the throne. The HS it came with is pretty good but I?d like to use the HT HS but the plug in the head is different. Is there an insert or something I can use for the HT one? The tan one is the GS HS and the black one is HT.

Overall I thought it turned out well.

I did the same thing in terms of using HT’s T’Challa Headsculpt on the Throne body. All I did was heat up both headsculpts to swap the inner peg liner thingy and all looks great now In my opinion.

I did the same thing in terms of using HT’s T’Challa Headsculpt on the Throne body. All I did was heat up both headsculpts to swap the inner peg liner thingy and all looks great now In my opinion.

How exactly did you heat up the head sculpts? Did you put them in hot water or use a hair dryer? I don’t want to damage them and wanted to check since you already did this successfully! :)

How exactly did you heat up the head sculpts? Did you put them in hot water or use a hair dryer? I don?t want to damage them and wanted to check since you already did this successfully! :)

I usually use my Makita heat gun which is an industrial hair dryer with MUCH more control, attachments and is the main reason I try to dissuade people from using a hair dryer. If you are comfortable with a hair dryer on headsculpts, have used it before with success then who am I to say don?t use one. Although with the amount of glue/plastic cement that can potentially be applied (it?s all done by hand so some can have a ton), I?d feel more comfortable recommending the use of hot water, lots of patience and not to be afraid of damaging that stupid neck plug, they can be easily replaced for like $1 each.

Good luck, hope this helps. Here?s mine right now. Lots of collection is being reshuffled/moved/packed which is why Shaq is behind him but with respect doing Wakanda Forever (no fists for him). By the way, does it actually matter which wrist is wearing the Kimoyo Beads? I?m thinking it?s basically just like a watch preference. I think CB had his on the left wrist (looks like I have to change mine).

Attachments

• C7619DEA-714F-45EA-A147-6721245EA1DD.jpg
    C7619DEA-714F-45EA-A147-6721245EA1DD.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 113
Back