1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
118537270_4604327026251892_6270011749611658199_o.jpg

I would say 99% but they need an updated head, not a reuse of the previous one.

Not sure I would pick up, but would be nice to see. Specially if it came with the throne as complete set. I am very glad I picked up the DJ customs set however. Love that silver and black suit. Plus it had more screen time.

Does anyone have a line on that "King of Wakanda" outfit? I think at this point I'd rather snag that and the throne to kitbash my T'Challa, but it looks to be sold out everywhere.

Damn look how realistic that MBJ headsculpt looks...then look how toyish that Chadwick sculpt looks. So f'd up how dirty Hot Toys did Boseman! :slap

In hand, there's very little difference in the quality between the two IMO. Bigger issue for me is that the paint on these head sculpts haven't seemed to improve for quite a while. Both of these are not as good as some Enterbay figures I have that are 5 years older.

IMG_0785.jpg

T'Challa's hair lost quite a bit of detail, which undercuts some of the realism these figures have. Maybe the hair style that Killmonger had translates better on a mass-produced
figure. :dunno

In hand, there's very little difference in the quality between the two IMO. Bigger issue for me is that the paint on these head sculpts haven't seemed to improve for quite a while. Both of these are not as good as some Enterbay figures I have that are 5 years older.

View attachment 494603

Wow, that's a great comparison shot. The MBJ headsculpt is miles better than the Boseman one...and he's only the secondary character!

T'Challa's hair lost quite a bit of detail, which undercuts some of the realism these figures have. Maybe the hair style that Killmonger had translates better on a mass-produced
figure. :dunno

Yeah that hair sculpting/detailing on Boseman's hair simply atrocious. It's 3rd party level quality...plus the sculpting on his mustache is very weak too. Also the final sculpt is absolutely not based off the prototype. Yeesh! To this day I can't forgive HT for the blatant bait-and-switch they pulled. :slap

What a damn scam this was!

Zoom in and compare the sculpting! Even the damn beard is completely different!!!

bpscam.jpg

This one really went down the toilet between proto and final.

Maybe HT will reconsider putting out the ORIGINAL proto sculpt now that they have an incentive to. Still blows my mind that they would ever approve of this level of downgrade in the quality.

hopefully they'll make a new BP figure with a better head sculpt

They will. Their last effort was atrocious. I usually display figures with their helmets if they have one so it didn't bother me but hot toys did an insulting job last time.

couldn't agree more. the BP headsculpt was a blatant out of wack from the average quality from HT, not to say disrespect to the actor. they have done this to a few other headsculpts in recent history such as wonder woman,pepper potts, harley quinn (1st one was good, the others sucked), last black widow made it finally so on....its a hit miss with marvel DC, but they do exceptionally well for star wars somehow...hands, rey, ben, luke all looked reasonably resembling.

They will. Their last effort was atrocious. I usually display figures with their helmets if they have one so it didn't bother me but hot toys did an insulting job last time.

Maybe HT will reconsider putting out the ORIGINAL proto sculpt now that they have an incentive to. Still blows my mind that they would ever approve of this level of downgrade in the quality.

The side by side *ugh*. No-one should ever purchase a fig and get hit with that kind of "surprise":pfft: - or drop the price 75-100$ in the first place.

I know someone posted before, but anyone else noticing the ultraviolet effect fading on their fig? I feel like the mask is definitely a lot dimmer then when I first picked him up.

I know someone posted before, but anyone else noticing the ultraviolet effect fading on their fig? I feel like the mask is definitely a lot dimmer then when I first picked him up.

I don't use the feature, but that's just a property of fluorescent pigments, especially considering how thinly applied they'd have to be on the suit. The photochemical process can only be excited so many times before it looses efficiency. Not only that, but those sorts of pigments are just fragile things anyway. Not a HT materials thing, just the nature of such a chemical property.

Back