1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was holding off to see what Black Panther 2 would give us but I ended up buying this figure today before the crazy price spikes. Ended up paying twice his retail price but am glad to finally have this figure now.

I was holding off to see what Black Panther 2 would give us but I ended up buying this figure today before the crazy price spikes. Ended up paying twice his retail price but am glad to finally have this figure now.

I bought the first figure, but now I’m regretting not getting this figure.

But I’m sure Hot Toys will eventually make a ‘re-release’, but maybe under the Endgame licence like Loki was.

I bought the first figure, but now I’m regretting not getting this figure.

But I’m sure Hot Toys will eventually make a ‘re-release’, but maybe under the Endgame licence like Loki was.

I don't think they'll do it now, they didn't do it with "New Hope Leia" when Carrie Fisher passed away

Why is it people only want something because the celebrity has passed away? If you didn't care enough about getting a BP figure before, why now?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't think they'll do it now, they didn't do it with "New Hope Leia" when Carrie Fisher passed away

Because they still had plenty of other versions of Leia from other films to release. I can totally see an IW or EG version announced in 2021 that will essentially be a rerelease. They also still have that royal clothes version that was shown before and never released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is it people only want something because the celebrity has passed away? If you didn't care enough about getting a BP figure before, why now?

Many of us were waiting for the inevitable BP2 version because we didnt like their first attempt at his head sculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't speak for anyone else obviously, but I was holding out that BP2 would have an improved suit. I kinda didn't care much for the suit in the first movie. I really liked the Civil War suit, but was bummed there was no head sculpt. Hopefully they will consider a release of some kind because I'd sure like to have him in the collection. But if they don't, so be it. He was a great man and an excellent actor. My desire to have a figure of him isn't all that important in light of what his family is going through. RIP

One thing is for sure, near the end of endgame when BP comes out of the portal is going to be a real tear jerker. It was a pretty emotional part of the film as it was.

I personally was happy to have the Civil War figure, and at the time I didn’t feel that I needed another new one so soon. But I always intended to have the actors likeness eventually, and when I was having second thoughts I was told somewhere that the head sculpts weren’t interchangeable so I also couldn’t get it separately when it was parted out.

The plan till today was just to get the next one, but given the current situation :dunno

But just look at all the Stan Lee merchandise. It’s selling quite well. I’ve got the original Hot Toys figure before he passed. Then I got the Guardians one, the Cosbaby and even the IS Minico piece. All of them I just space out in my collection. And I’ve also got the 1/10 scale Iron Studios piece on preorder, but there are a few 1/4 scale statues being produced as well.

The real question is, when Disney is gonna announce the next King of Wakanda

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were eventually going to replace him with Shuri at the end of his third film.

But with the second film slated for May 2022, decisions are unfortunately going to have to be made very soon. Though Feige and co probably have had contingencies in place in case this sorry event came to past.

However they’ll probably have to delay that film now, as you can’t just suddenly recast a lead actor who has passed away. A reasonable amount of time will have had to pass before they make any such announcement.

Yeah,this is ****ed!!!
I've only seen Boseman as Black Panther and just his voice alone was pure bliss,let alone who he was as a person.
Such a sad loss at an early age.
This one comes too close to home as my wife was diagnosed in January with Stage 3 Melanoma.

Cancer in all its many forms can **** right off thankyou!!!

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were eventually going to replace him with Shuri at the end of his third film.

But with the second film slated for May 2022, decisions are unfortunately going to have to be made very soon. Though Feige and co probably have had contingencies in place in case this sorry event came to past.

However they’ll probably have to delay that film now, as you can’t just suddenly recast a lead actor who has passed away. A reasonable amount of time will have had to pass before they make any such announcement.

Do you think Feige and Co. knew of his illness?
My mate said today that it would be cool to resurrect Michael B Jordan as a rejigged Wakanda loving new BP somehow...

But really, I told him that it seems superfluous and quite insensitive to even be talking about stuff like this so soon after his passing. There will be plenty of time in the months ahead for that conversation... so these discussions are completely ridiculous in the scheme of what his family must be going through. My thoughts are with them.

Yeah,this is ****ed!!!
I've only seen Boseman as Black Panther and just his voice alone was pure bliss,let alone who he was as a person.
Such a sad loss at an early age.
This one comes too close to home as my wife was diagnosed in January with Stage 3 Melanoma.

Cancer in all its many forms can **** right off thankyou!!!

prayers and good thoughts for your wife

To late. Ebay is selling these like crazy now. Almost 1000. ****ing people on there are annoying

Do you think Feige and Co. knew of his illness?
My mate said today that it would be cool to resurrect Michael B Jordan as a rejigged Wakanda loving new BP somehow...

But really, I told him that it seems superfluous and quite insensitive to even be talking about stuff like this so soon after his passing. There will be plenty of time in the months ahead for that conversation... so these discussions are completely ridiculous in the scheme of what his family must be going through. My thoughts are with them.

I would think they would have had to know. He was a lead in their films and to get the usual insurance coverages I’m sure they would’ve had him perform medical check ups etc.

And given that he was supposedly taking treatments between projects I’m guessing a lot of people probably knew in Hollywood.

I wish HT would make BP from EG or something like that as "*** you" gesture to all those scalpers.

I wish HT would make BP from EG or something like that as "*** you" gesture to all those scalpers.

I’m sure that’s something they may already be discussing soon. They could probably prepare something like that almost immediately.

The problem is the response they would get if they did it too quickly after today’s announcement.

Back