1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this in today. Definitely think it was worth picking up! Will need to replace the body later with a better one however. Head sits fine on peg, but leaves a huge gap between the neck, and joints are a little loose, but I wasn’t expecting top quality in that area. Plus more hands would be nice, only comes with two open and one fist. With two fists I could at least do the Wakanda Forever pose, but again a new body will come with that too. Clothes quality overall is great however and love the look of it. Design is printed on, but good quality as well. Happy with this set overall, and gives me a reason to use the extra head sculpt.

F06C11B9-BFFF-4E23-B54B-EECC34E8543C.jpg
A4556316-1200-4616-AC15-60BBD9A5ABE1.jpg
AF740939-2242-487D-AAA7-E935959D5D40.jpg

I got mine setup over the weekend too. The body that came with mine didn’t have loose joints except the feet. I swapped the neck and hands for better versions that I then painted. I also filled the joint on the feet and repainted them also. I still need to adjust the neck down a bit, but am real happy with this set too.
28F89732-8325-40A9-A1F9-ECD565D3AA6C.jpg

Nice pic, looks great with the work you did. Funny, that is kinda what I’m looking to do as well, use the spear and have him holding it with this set. Also Joints on mine not terrible, just want better quality is all. Curious, does yours still have the neck gap after you replaced/fixed it?

I swapped the neck to a longer one to get rid of that very gap issue. I think I used a Star Ace Dumbledore neck, altered with a magnetic attachment. The neck gap issue is from the head, it’s meant to fit the Black Panther body and that neck peg is very short. I didn’t have anything short enough to work so I had to improv it.

The included hands were bad, one had a serious molding defect and I’m not sure how well yours were painted but the ones I got had to go. I painted up a pair of fists, a pair of hands that can hold the spear, a pair of relaxed hands and that splayed open left hand I have on him now.

Was able to modify existing neck, and I am now much happier with this guy. Definitely a great pick up. Still need to pick up some extra hands and maybe look into ankle extensions later, but that is the easy part.

Side note: For anyone looking to mod this guy, be very careful removing jacket, looked like I was gunna split the middle seam in the front when removing. Luckily it held though. Just something to look out for. Needless to say, I will not be removing it a second time.

4F8887DF-92DB-41D6-BF30-9CB277EF0537.jpg
81D0B837-0BCA-4D27-BE8E-B8F4FD008BFB.jpgD270CE9E-FC12-4970-8D70-5892B6BFF75E.jpg

Kit still has it. Search for men’s accessories.

Daveh75 how did you fix the neck?

I had a rubber grommet/plug connecter from another neck joint that fit the body, I cut that and sized it to give height and make up the difference in gap between neck and head. Glued that to the bottom of the neck piece and popped it back on body. Then to connect the head back to neck, I used a hot glue technique I saw someone do before. I put some hot glue on joint in head then put a small foot peg in till it cooled. Then did then same on the neck piece and popped the head on till it cooled. Holds the peg in place with a tight fit, and doesn’t do damage to any parts. Also it’s reversible if you need to redo or use the head somewhere else. Hot glue can just be removed with little effort. Saw A guy on Youtube to the same thing with boots when they didn’t fit the body he had. Figured it would work here too.

If you don’t want to use hot glue, tacky putty would work too. Also not permanent.

Edit: The rubber neck plug was from inside a piece that looked like this. Just trimmed the top if it off a bit.
13E02FFB-9ED5-4B46-A773-CC55515985DC.jpeg

Was able to modify existing neck, and I am now much happier with this guy. Definitely a great pick up. Still need to pick op some extra hands and maybe look into ankle extensions later, but that is the easy part.

Side note: For anyone looking to mod this guy, be very careful removing jacket, looked like I was gunna split the middle seam in the front when removing. Luckily it held though. Just something to look out for. Needless to say, I will not be removing it a second time.

View attachment 466119
View attachment 466120View attachment 466121

Very well done!
He looks great!

Is the Hot Toys stand the thing providing the purple light or do you just need any UV light? I assume it would be easier just to buy a UV light that fits a detolf rather than reconfigure the stand.

My LED lights have gone dim. Has anyone else had that issue? They still light up but they don't really make the figure glow anymore. I think I kept them on for days at a time and burned out the bulbs I guess. LEDs are usually rated for 1,000s of hours. It's weird...

I have had the same exact problem around 30 days after receiving mine from sideshow. I ran them when I would turn the leds on my detolf on so they were on quite a bit. One of my towers leds were actually out at the top and the rest that were on were very dim on the same tower. I contacted sideshow and they sent me a single replacement led tower. When I plugged in the replacement it was prefect and bright. Then my problem was I realized my other tower was dim too, i just couldnt tell because of the bad one i had made it look like it was fine. I contacted sideshow again but they said I would have to send the full figure back to do a full exchange. I never ended up doing that because toyanxiety was selling their parted out panther uv light stand for only $30(ebay prices are at like $100 to $120) for the whole thing(figure stand, power cable, and led towers) was way to good of a deal so I bought the 2 of them they had in stock as backups now.

Wow, I'm surprised to hear that the issue regarding the light stand is the LEDs and not the absurdly cheap, flimsy styrofoam HT decided to use! :slap

Im fairly certain you dont need to charge the paint as the instructions mention nothing of it. Its definitely the leds that hot toys put in the styrofoam towers that are the problem. I have uv flash light and it really lights up better than the leds provided do

Back