1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was never a fan of the MMS470 helmet design, but I loved the costume as it was more reminiscent of the comic book Black Panther. Easy fix — I just popped on the killer head sculpt from the CA:CW version and instant win!

A26654C2-1B95-4007-847F-5AEB28CD15FA.jpeg

I agree that the CW BP looks better under normal lights but the entire solo BP figure looks better than the predecessor (including the mask) under the black lights In my opinion. The solo BP figure is so incredibly detailed when you have black light illuminating the intricate purple patterns and symbols which really highlights (pun?) how HT’s decided to engineer this beauty. And as much as I appreciate the older mask’s comic book roots, the new one absolutely comes alive with direct black light exposure.

Just paid my invoice for the King Of Wakanda set. Can’t wait to get that in hand and have a full T’Challa fig set next to this one! :yess:

I have that same mask on and I'll say the black is a touch more gray so if that sort of thing would bother you then it doesn't work.

Does anybody know of a formal suit and body set for the unmasked head? A bit off topic but I kinda want to recreate his look for the 21 Bridges movie.

So I was just browsing and found this killmonger from Maxnut studios. Looks pretty damn good and hopefully leads the way to a tactical version.

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 296
So I was just browsing and found this killmonger from Maxnut studios. Looks pretty damn good and hopefully leads the way to a tactical version.

Thanks for sharing this find zalsk37!!!
This is only one picture but it looks promising from what I see. This forum has so many talented modifiers (I?m not one sadly), I?m sure folks will be able to do amazing things with this as far as a tactical version is concerned

Oooh
I just looked into this and realized that it is a statue not an action figure. I’m sure a lot of folks will be fine with that but I want a pose able 1/6 scale tactical version of Killmonger.

Oooh
I just looked into this and realized that it is a statue not an action figure. I?m sure a lot of folks will be fine with that but I want a pose able 1/6 scale tactical version of Killmonger.

Anybody ever take apart the Hot Toys UV light stand and splice the lights onto a IKEA Dioder light strip? Or is there an easier way to get UV lights into a Detolf shelf for this figure?

Is the Hot Toys stand the thing providing the purple light or do you just need any UV light? I assume it would be easier just to buy a UV light that fits a detolf rather than reconfigure the stand.

The UV display towers do fit in a detox that's how I have it without needing any modifications. Then I run a long us cable through the back and out to a power strip that the rest of my LEDs r tied into

I was thinking of running a string of UV LED lights along the front vertical rods of the Detolf shelf where I have my IW Thor and Panther, and wire them to my existing LED light strips. Any one else try this? Not much room on the shelf to use the Hot Toys stand.

IW Battle Wakanda.jpg

Back