1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone please help. The light switch has 2 different “on” positions. I read that 1 of them is to turn the lights white but with only power and ground going to the “pillars” I don’t know how this would work.

Can someone please help. The light switch has 2 different “on” positions. I read that 1 of them is to turn the lights white but with only power and ground going to the “pillars” I don’t know how this would work.

I actually think it has to do with if you have it plugged in or have batteries installed you switch it to one side or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually think it has to do with if you have it plugged in or have batteries installed you switch it to one side or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried that, makes no difference. Also, there are 4 ports for the lights and those don’t change the functionality of the switch.

Look I’m just saying that there are 2 wires that go to each pillar, power and ground (+ & -). There would have to at least be 1 more wire to facilitate functionality besides on and off.

No, he had it right. One side turns the lights on if powering through USB, the other side turns the lights on if using batteries.

No, he had it right. One side turns the lights on if powering through USB, the other side turns the lights on if using batteries.

:exactly:

Expecting regular & black light from bulbs the size used on the pillars, is rather unrealistic. The price point on the pillar & base is about $30; think some peeps are expecting way to much of this adder at this price point.

Ok that makes much more sense. I guess when I was testing the batteries (I usually have it plugged in) I didn’t realize that. All I was testing for was the different colored lights.

:exactly:

Expecting regular & black light from bulbs the size used on the pillars, is rather unrealistic. The price point on the pillar & base is about $30; think some peeps are expecting way to much of this adder at this price point.

Dude, I totally agree! If you read what I had said, there’s no way to control lighting color changes aside from on and off with only 2 wires. It had nothing to do with price point, I just had read somewhere that the LED’s could be turned white and it made ZERO sense.

My apologies

My remarks were not meant to single you out directly; though I can see that I did just that. Just more than a little sick of reading complaints on this $30ish dollar stand on $300ish figure.

I just got this figure in and am totally blown away by the articulation. It is far more superior to the CW BP. So glad I sold that one and got this one. I will have ao much fun animating this one.

AFM

I received my figure about a week or so ago. I think the luminescent effect of the BP suit is pretty slick. I wish HT could have got it a bit closer to the actual color in the film though. I will try and see if I can find a different way of using a black light setup as opposed to using what was provided though. I slapped that unmasked sculpt on an parted out extra body from Toy Anxiety, so that was a cheap way to secure an additional figure that I can pose w/o restriction.

Got mine in today. Not impressed. I think I’ll be returning mine. The neck looks terrible, almost bunched up how the suit gathers at the neck, the claw necklace isn’t centered properly and the area of the arms by the wrist pegs are prime for disaster.

IMG_0218.jpg

Not sure if anyone posted about this yet, but the base really works well with Thor. I had no idea the lightning was enhanced from UV as well. In person it looks like real lightning, the iPhone pic doesn't really capture it as well. Now I have to go dig out the rest of his lightning. Amazing

Ouch.. I just got hit with an Import charge of over $100, because our import taxing laws have changed. This is the first time I've had to pay to release a figure which wasn't an expensive 'diecast' Iron Man.

It's probably a good job I'm weaning off with Endgame closing the Avengers phases of the MCU... Otherwise I'm just going to have to reconsider buying them from home. (which is expensive in itself, but I know somewhere with free shipping on the plus side)

Ouch.. I just got hit with an Import charge of over $100, because our import taxing laws have changed. This is the first time I've had to pay to release a figure which wasn't an expensive 'diecast' Iron Man.

It's probably a good job I'm weaning off with Endgame closing the Avengers phases of the MCU... Otherwise I'm just going to have to reconsider buying them from home. (which is expensive in itself, but I know somewhere with free shipping on the plus side)

I feel you. I felt forced to order mine from sideshow since it was nowhere to be found anymore in europe. Order total was 250 euro (included shipping) and with a 10% off bonus code and I got hit with an import charge of 85 euro. Now I have to ask.. where do you live and why don't you order from home?

I feel you. I felt forced to order mine from sideshow since it was nowhere to be found anymore in europe. Order total was 250 euro (included shipping) and with a 10% off bonus code and I got hit with an import charge of 85 euro. Now I have to ask.. where do you live and why don't you order from home?
He's from NZ and I can just imagine how expensive these figures are getting there because they are going up every year here in Australia.

The Infinity War Star-Lord has a ridiculous RRP of AUD$419! That's a $30 increase on other regular figures in the Infinity line like Nebula only announced a couple of months ago.

Collectors are really going to be priced out of this hobby in a very short time.

They're also selling out way faster than they ever did before. I'm not sure if they are just ordering less or they're just going quicker, but I think the quotas have dropped here as many figures are sold out well before release but still remain in stock at Sideshow for months on end.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He's from NZ and I can just imagine how expensive these figures are getting there because they are going up every year here in Australia.

The Infinity War Star-Lord has a ridiculous RRP of AUD$419! That's a $30 increase on other regular figures in the Infinity line like Nebula only announced a couple of months ago.

Collectors are really going to be priced out of this hobby in a very short time.

They're also selling out way faster than they ever did before. I'm not sure if they are just ordering less or they're just going quicker, but I think the quotas have dropped here as many figures are sold out well before release but still remain in stock at Sideshow for months on end.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I see, now it makes sense. I visited a couple of australian sites and didn't linger for long after seeing the prices. Collectors in the US really are the most privileged it seems (when it comes to prices).

Yep. From NZ. The main options are Sideshow or Popcultcha in Aus. Once upon a time the price used to work out about the same. Advantage of Sideshow is they generally release sooner, and their reward scheme is better. Popcultcha are packed better and at least you get them direct from them, not Hong Kong. (seriously, more than once I've had lengthy discussions with someone on a phone to have my parcel released because they suspect I'm either a private trader, and want to charge me commercial seller fees, or that my packages sound suspicious. Why is it so hard to justify buying 4 or 5 "dolls" a year from Hong Kong? :lol )

Alternatively, at home there is Mighty Ape or Mohock. The former many a year ago was more like Gamestop, these days they are more like Amazon Jr. The latter sells collectibles and pop culture stuff. Neither historically get you the items as fast or as cheap as overseas. But that's changing, especially if you are going to be paying over $100 to the freight company just so they'll deliver it.

Oh, and got the figure today. It's far from my favourite, but I'm glad to have a representation of him in my collection. The head sculpt is nowhere as bad as people are making out.

Oh, and speaking of selling out. I've been noticing that with Popcultcha. With Mighty Ape I ordered both the upcoming Iron Man suits and they both sold out pretty quick (Endgame is ages away!). Thanos is still available. John Wick I put on my watchlist a couple of weeks ago and now gone. It's impossible to predict what will be available to buy when stock arrives and what will presell out early. Hot Toys and Sideshow have us by the curlies.

Got mine, love it, except for one small thing. One side of the mask doesn’t glow like the other with the black light. Kinda like HT forgot to paint it, or the paint is to light. Hard to see in pics. Everything else is great.
59A99868-A421-4722-B35B-1ED993F4070C.jpg
FD9B47F6-9D06-499F-906B-EFC3A471CF00.jpg

Does anybody know where I can get an outfit for a T’challa custom? I know I saw one months ago but can’t find it anywhere. Thanks!

Back