1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer the CW outfit, but was interested in this headsculpt. Wow, its not just that the headsculpt is off, but it feels like the hair and such are off a bit in both sculpt and especially paint. Hard to explain. I am glad I don't pre-order many figures anymore. Let the figure come out and make an educated decision on the final product.

I quite like suit and the UV/Neon effect is nice...but the head sculpt is a major letdown.

Another NRD down the toilet, then (the bloody state of my cancelled list at Sideshow, lol)...but on the plus side that has added an extra £270(ish) to my HT budget.

Given that the headsculpt is so off from the proto, I'd say there's an extremely good chance that if you were to contact them and let them know the situation, they'd let you cancel the figure and refund the NRD as well. They're fairly reasonable like that.

Doesn't hurt to give it a try instead of throwing it down the toilet :lol, as you said. These things are getting more and more expensive and every bit helps.

That same review is on youtube in English. Just search Black Panther hot toy and sort by recently uploaded and its the top result.

Given that the headsculpt is so off from the proto, I'd say there's an extremely good chance that if you were to contact them and let them know the situation, they'd let you cancel the figure and refund the NRD as well. They're fairly reasonable like that.

Doesn't hurt to give it a try instead of throwing it down the toilet :lol, as you said. These things are getting more and more expensive and every bit helps.

I did state the reason in comments box when I cancelled...but I might just send them an email. Don't expect to get it back, but it won't hurt to ask.

Watched the first YouTube review of this...while it's a pretty solid review, he only touches on the head sculpt for like 10 seconds...gonna need to see a few more before I make up my mind.

4f2c608a15dfb870868324a6e4c59819.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After watching the YouTube review, I’m wondering how the sculpt would look on the CW figure if the plug in the head was removed. The extra clearance would let it sit lower. Might look ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z-i5PJig3o

First review from Hong Kong, but is in Cantonese

There's an english version too. Anyway...the pattern in the suit seems to have both depth and iridescence, which is nice. The portrait remains a lower step down than expected, but looked better in some shots than it has in many photos. What's not a big surprise is my concern from way back that they may have scaled the helmet too small. It looks a tad too tight but I may be wrong. If yes, it's a common problem with helmeted figures across many toy companies -- and a stupid one.

I think I'll wait to receive it in-hand.

I quite like suit and the UV/Neon effect is nice...but the head sculpt is a major letdown.

Another NRD down the toilet, then (the bloody state of my cancelled list at Sideshow, lol)...but on the plus side that has added an extra £270(ish) to my HT budget.

There is really no reason to place an order right away. I always wait til I see production photos and videos to preorder. NRDs are such a waste of money so early on in the preorder. You have no idea how the figure will really turn out. Nothing ever sells out til near release at the earliest.

I'm not impressed with the neon effect and the T' Challa (probably not spelled right) head sculpt looks terrible. I'll just stick with my Captain America CW version.

The figure itself seems fantastic, I'm definitely amped for it. Awww yiss, I'm getting Black Panther vibes.

I can't wait to get this. I was never interested in displaying this without the helmet so no issues there for me. Just wondering if I should pick up the throne.

The UV paint looks great, but it really makes me wish that HT had done the same thing for Killmonger.

There is really no reason to place an order right away. I always wait til I see production photos and videos to preorder. NRDs are such a waste of money so early on in the preorder. You have no idea how the figure will really turn out. Nothing ever sells out til near release at the earliest.

Absolutely. I went a little mad whilst in a post-Infinity War state of euphoria and foolishly pre-ordered a ton of stuff. Lesson learned though - going forward I won't be pulling the trigger on anything until I've seen the final product pics first.

I just hope they don't screw up Bucky. Not because of the NRD I've already laid down on that one...but because I absolutely love the look of the proto and I will be gutted if they ruin it.

Absolutely. I went a little mad whilst in a post-Infinity War state of euphoria and foolishly pre-ordered a ton of stuff. Lesson learned though - going forward I won't be pulling the trigger on anything until I've seen the final product pics first.

I just hope they don't screw up Bucky. Not because of the NRD I've already laid down on that one...but because I absolutely love the look of the proto and I will be gutted if they ruin it.

I’m more worried for Shuri. Hot toys seems to be missing on African Americans and women. She’s both lol.

Back