1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean, they didn't HAVE to supply a black light stand and could have opted to just have a standard base in and let people figure out the lighting on their own end.

Did Neon Tech IM have a stand to show off the pattern stuff?

This still has more than what the CW BP offered so I'm content that it will come with something to actually show off the gimmick. The base is a thrown in as far as I'm concerned.

Now those standalone IM3 HoA stands though...

Let's agree to disagree then...but what's up with the IM3 HoA stands? I've never owned them...are they cheaply made?

Let's agree to disagree then...but what's up with the IM3 HoA stands? I've never owned them...are they cheaply made?

Alright alright :wink1:

I should've clarified a bit more actually. The IM3 HPP version HoA stands were made out of painted styrofoam with lights for about $74 USD a pop.

Oh and you had to use your existing IM3 stands so the figures actually look like they're standing in a "dock". :lol

These were a letdown after the original 7 HoA stands.

Alright alright :wink1:

I should've clarified a bit more actually. The IM3 HPP version HoA stands were made out of painted styrofoam with lights for about $74 USD a pop.

Oh and you had to use your existing IM3 stands so the figures actually look like they're standing in a "dock". :lol

These were a letdown after the original 7 HoA stands.

Yikes...HT is a bit of a paradoxical company. They produce premium products and enforce that notion with their premium pricing...yet conversely they often go out of the way to cheap out on certain aspects, however it's not like a minor skimp...but an extreme cheapening.

STYROFOAM stands are never acceptable. The entire purpose of a stand is to SUPPORT...by choosing styrofoam (which easily crumples under pressure) it just shows that their main concern is on production cost rather than build quality.

It's because of that I have a love/hate for HT. :slap

Can you imagine buying a luxury car only for them to use fabric linen for the seating instead of genuine leather? There's really no excuse. You either go all out or you don't. If HT wants to include a light stand or base for the premium figure then make sure the accessories of are of the same high-caliber build that the figures are! :lecture

Yikes...HT is a bit of a paradoxical company. They produce premium products and enforce that notion with their premium pricing...yet conversely they often go out of the way to cheap out on certain aspects, however it's not like a minor skimp...but an extreme cheapening.

STYROFOAM stands are never acceptable. The entire purpose of a stand is to SUPPORT...by choosing styrofoam (which easily crumples under pressure) it just shows that their main concern is on production cost rather than build quality.

It's because of that I have a love/hate for HT. :slap

Can you imagine buying a luxury car only for them to use fabric linen for the seating instead of genuine leather? There's really no excuse. You either go all out or you don't. If HT wants to include a light stand or base for the premium figure then make sure the accessories of are of the same high-caliber build that the figures are! :lecture

When you mention it like this I can see where you're coming from. I feel like they would just jack the price up even more though! :monkey4

When you mention it like this I can see where you're coming from. I feel like they would just jack the price up even more though! :monkey4

Yeah, not trying to be a snob or anything, but if you're gonna be the best of the best...then be the best of everything you produce.

Amazing figures...crappy, cheap stands and accessories...there's a major disconnect in the brand you're building then.

Yeah, not trying to be a snob or anything, but if you're gonna be the best of the best...then be the best of everything you produce.

Amazing figures...crappy, cheap stands and accessories...there's a major disconnect in the brand you're building then.

Very true! I support this!

Did anyone receive this from Sideshow recently? I preordered in January, and still nothing. Used to show May, and now it got changed again to May-June. This is pretty frustrating. Thinking of cancelling really..

Anyone know what’s the story with this figure?

Can I cancel my bbts order because of the delays, I hate how lankey his hip area is and I don’t like this suit design much compared to civil war and the neck is terrible. Hot toys is lazy AF by not making a better neck in proportion and one that has half skin showing at the top and just slips a plastic circle piece on top for when he is helmeted so that when he is unhelmeted the suit doesn’t go up under his chin.

They are shipping them out as they get them. I have been trying to figure out what is going on and from reading things like shipping reports it looks like there is a huge backlog getting merchandise from the ports to wherever they need to go.

They are shipping them out as they get them. I have been trying to figure out what is going on and from reading things like shipping reports it looks like there is a huge backlog getting merchandise from the ports to wherever they need to go.

But how does that explain the batch sizes received. Sounds like a production supply chain issue to me. Of course, nobody will ever truly know since HT reveals nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But how does that explain the batch sizes received. Sounds like a production supply chain issue to me. Of course, nobody will ever truly know since HT reveals nothing.

I'm can't answer that but from the report it it is taking 4 to 8 weeks to get stuff from the west coast ports to the final destination. Earlier this year the ships were so full that some stuff was being left behind on the docks in China but they are past that now i think.

I'm can't answer that but from the report it it is taking 4 to 8 weeks to get stuff from the west coast ports to the final destination. Earlier this year the ships were so full that some stuff was being left behind on the docks in China but they are past that now i think.

Crazy situation.

i4BG6nv.jpg

F0TvADH.jpg

Light effect is dope. Figure looks great displayed.

wow, I did't want this figure but looks super cool, I think I'm gonna preorder but I don't want to wait to long jeje

Looking forward to getting this. I love BP - the movie, the characters. He was the standout character to me in Civil War.

Of the continuing characters, T'Challa is definitely a favorite.

Back