1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No email yet. Of course I ordered late so I’ll probably be last to get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

59293297-18EE-4AEB-84F4-09EDACE2E89E.jpg

He’s here!!!!

Okay so I been messing with the figure all day and rearranged my bestas to set him up and here is what I think....

THE GOOD>>The articulation is great, the light up feature is amazing and his hand are easy to interchange. HAS a big time presence on the shelf!
THE BAD>>>> the C.B head sculpt is slightly off
THE UGLY>>>the light up stand and post are made of cheap materials that will deteriorate over time.SMH
GtT7SzHpTdeQGAPJywMELg.jpg

Okay so I been messing with the figure all day and rearranged my bestas to set him up and here is what I think....

THE GOOD>>The articulation is great, the light up feature is amazing and his hand are easy to interchange. HAS a big time presence on the shelf!
THE UGLY>>>the light up stand and post are made of cheap materials that will deteriorate over time.SMH

More or less what I expected following the early video reviews. The stand I don't care about -- the light-up feature's neat but something I'll never use, personally. I pre-ordered this ages ago, was dismayed by the quality drop in the sculpt, but finally opted to check it out anyway. It's been a long wait -- still waiting.

also ZE can you please flip the photo

LOL...no problem. I don't know what that happens to some people. Maybe the device you're using?

Will definitely say the headsculpt is not as good. Often times I'll wait to see something in person but can confirm this one didn't change my mind. Finally, the stand is pathetically cheap. A part of the package's tape got stuck to it and tore a bit of the paint (paper) off.

The black light effect is really awesome though! Wish there was a version that always had the intricate writing.
4a6d1ad64ba398d0b92e24475369ea0e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

You're being far too generous. The headsculpt is completely off...maybe a 5% Chadwick likeness...the rest is generic black guy. :slap

Will definitely say the headsculpt is not as good. Often times I'll wait to see something in person but can confirm this one didn't change my mind. Finally, the stand is pathetically cheap. A part of the package's tape got stuck to it and tore a bit of the paint (paper) off.

The black light effect is really awesome though! Wish there was a version that always had the intricate writing.

HT really bungled this release. Terrible head sculpt aside, the light stand is a complete slap in the face to its customers. For being a "premium" brand they sure skimped the hell out on the quality and premium part. It is completely unacceptable, especially at the price point of $260, that the best they could do was a STYROFOAM stand!!! :slap

I mean, they didn't HAVE to supply a black light stand and could have opted to just have a standard base in and let people figure out the lighting on their own end.

Did Neon Tech IM have a stand to show off the pattern stuff?

This still has more than what the CW BP offered so I'm content that it will come with something to actually show off the gimmick. The base is a thrown in as far as I'm concerned.

Now those standalone IM3 HoA stands though...

Last edited:
Back