1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we're now bitching about reviewers? Never ends people always finding something to whine about. How about you start your own channel or shut your mouth, reviewers put alot of time and money into it so we can obtain our own opionion stop relying on them for their opinions to base how you spend your own damn money

we're now bitching about reviewers? Never ends people always finding something to whine about. How about you start your own channel or shut your mouth, reviewers put alot of time and money into it so we can obtain our own opionion stop relying on them for their opinions to base how you spend your own damn money

Gotta love the obligatory bitching about bitching...

Won't make a difference. I've already cancelled my pre-order. Not only does the likeness not appear to be there but someone already showed in this thread that the headsculpt won't fit on the Civil War Panther figure which was the only reason I was buying this figure. I don't like the suit on this figure very much so all the other extra stuff with this release didn't mean anything to me.

I saw the video review and the sculpt does look a lot better than the pictures I have seen. The review also did a comparison with this and the civil war version and that clearly shows this version to be superior. The body proportions are much better with this version. I wonder if hot toys deliberately makes the version 1 of figures not as good so they can sell version 2 as an improvement.

I saw the video review and the sculpt does look a lot better than the pictures I have seen. The review also did a comparison with this and the civil war version and that clearly shows this version to be superior. The body proportions are much better with this version. I wonder if hot toys deliberately makes the version 1 of figures not as good so they can sell version 2 as an improvement.
I've wondered this myself for awhile now. Interesting how one off head sculpts turn out excellent while the recurring figures all lack certain detail. It makes sense, if you can't continue improving people will quite buying.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dude, read the posts again. Plenty of credit was given out as well in all the comments.

I’ve watched his videos literally from day one when he had 0 subs and he’s made a name for himself, and that’s really great.

Recognized that already and have given him tons of encouragement along the way, suggestions to make his videos better. Latest rec was changing his 5 good things 5 bad things to 3 good 3 bad.

Just simply pointed out how things have changed, but that’s with everything in life, so no big deal. Justin will keep doing his thing regardless of what we say, but none of these opinions are vicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

I've wondered this myself for awhile now. Interesting how one off head sculpts turn out excellent while the recurring figures all lack certain detail. It makes sense, if you can't continue improving people will quite buying.

Both of you make a good point but I don't think that HT is doing it deliberately. In my opinion, the reason lies behind the capacity and skill of the different factories they use. It's possible that they sent the one off figures to their best factories knowing that those figures will never be made again. Those factories have a limited capacity and with the number of figures being made by HT, they eventually have to send other figures to less skilled factories. If HT knows that a character will be released with another version in the future (and people will want to upgrade), HT might think it makes better business sense to allocate those figures to the less skilled factories so the next version will look "new and improved" once they send it to their best factories.

If HT does not put its best foot forward with the one off releases, people likely won't buy those. But people might be more forgiving with their favorite characters unless there is a major flaw.

This is only speculation on my part but I tried to think about it from the perspective of allocating the figures among limited resources (factories) that make the most business sense for HT. I bet that if HT decided to concentrate on fewer releases, they'll hit home runs more often.

Both of you make a good point but I don't think that HT is doing it deliberately. In my opinion, the reason lies behind the capacity and skill of the different factories they use. It's possible that they sent the one off figures to their best factories knowing that those figures will never be made again. Those factories have a limited capacity and with the number of figures being made by HT, they eventually have to send other figures to less skilled factories. If HT knows that a character will be released with another version in the future (and people will want to upgrade), HT might think it makes better business sense to allocate those figures to the less skilled factories so the next version will look "new and improved" once they send it to their best factories.

If HT does not put its best foot forward with the one off releases, people likely won't buy those. But people might be more forgiving with their favorite characters unless there is a major flaw.

This is only speculation on my part but I tried to think about it from the perspective of allocating the figures among limited resources (factories) that make the most business sense for HT. I bet that if HT decided to concentrate on fewer releases, they'll hit home runs more often.

Agree tho I think it's more a factory providing samples and then doing a bad job - maybe.:dunno Gets me mad tho 'coz think it shows contempt for the customers when HT does nothing.:mad:

Agree tho that folks will probably tolerate more with a favorite character. I'd like to think with Bucky and Shuri, that since they don't come with a huge amount, HT would fall over themselves like they did for Hela sculpt. Bucky's rifle - movie correct - is the same as from CW - and I'll never use the disintegrating arm (which IMO didn't have a good effect anyway - kind of looked like fish tank fake coral. Maybe I can chop it up, paint, and make fake moss out of it...)

HT has failed before but we keep buying:cool:. IMO the styrofoam BP base and card stock dirt for IW Cap is a fail, too:slap. Kinda bad when ur shipping tray is better made than the stuff in it.:pfft:

Still, not in *quintillion years* did I think I'd be canceling a Cap, or counting my spare Bucky sculpts 'coz can't trust HT will output that great WS proto. I'm rethinking ordering IM diecast too.:pfft:

I'm not sure how it works over in China but the head sculpts are by the sculptors and the painters. Question is are the head artist and/or painters tied to certain factories or not? I wouldn't think so. I also remember see something about figures being bid on by the factories but maybe not. Either way your your scenario is similar in that they are holding back somehow. There's obviously exceptions so not a widespread plan.

Agree tho I think it's more a factory providing samples and then doing a bad job - maybe.:dunno Gets me mad tho 'coz think it shows contempt for the customers when HT does nothing.:mad:

Agree tho that folks will probably tolerate more with a favorite character. I'd like to think with Bucky and Shuri, that since they don't come with a huge amount, HT would fall over themselves like they did for Hela sculpt. Bucky's rifle - movie correct - is the same as from CW - and I'll never use the disintegrating arm (which IMO didn't have a good effect anyway - kind of looked like fish tank fake coral. Maybe I can chop it up, paint, and make fake moss out of it...)

HT has failed before but we keep buying:cool:. IMO the styrofoam BP base and card stock dirt for IW Cap is a fail, too:slap. Kinda bad when ur shipping tray is better made than the stuff in it.:pfft:

Still, not in *quintillion years* did I think I'd be canceling a Cap, or counting my spare Bucky sculpts 'coz can't trust HT will output that great WS proto. I'm rethinking ordering IM diecast too.:pfft:

Hot toys will never let Iron Man fall by the wayside. When was the last bad diecast Iron Man.

I'm not sure how it works over in China but the head sculpts are by the sculptors and the painters. Question is are the head artist and/or painters tied to certain factories or not? I wouldn't think so. I also remember see something about figures being bid on by the factories but maybe not. Either way your your scenario is similar in that they are holding back somehow. There's obviously exceptions so not a widespread plan.

You have a point about whether the sculptors and painters are tied to certain factories. But my point is that there are a limited number of cream of the crop sculptors, painters, and factories that can produce the best figures. So even if HT wants all its products to come out looking like the prototypes, it will be challenging due to resource constraints. The best sculptors, painters, and factories can only do so much work. Prototypes come out looking great because they are not mass produced.

I think the best way for HT to consistently come up with good quality is to cut back on production or pay more to attract more highly skilled sculptors and painters but that will result in higher prices passed on to us. Just my 2 cents.

He's not that bad but holy **** do I miss Budget and Clipperking, they were by far the most thorough and entertaining reviewers

Yeah, really miss Clipper. You wouldn't get Andre or Optibotomus describing the BVS Superman headsculpt as having a bit of a 'c**k nose' or saying that they would 'smash Black Widow's back doors in'. :lol

Seriously there's a man who thinks about the figures and the hobby and what he's going to say and entertains as well.

How about you shut your mouth? And start your own channel as well and then I'll review it for you.

Reviewers are not charity cases. Most (if not all) of them are trying to make money from youtube. They don't need burping or bottom wiping from us - they're big boys.

Why doesn't Budget Stark do reviews anymore? Also miss Clipper King as well. As for Justin, I still enjoy his vids because of the lighting and being able to see details on the figure.

Hot toys will never let Iron Man fall by the wayside. When was the last bad diecast Iron Man.

Dunno. I only have one #46 and he's treated like - fragile stuff:cool:, just 'coz of the plastic/vinyl connections. Don't remember reading a lot of complaints about diecast IMs, ever. Occasional stuff.

Figure the diecast IMs are the "premium" figs so if u can afford they are/were a good bet. Plus - IM detail is staggering.

Why doesn't Budget Stark do reviews anymore? Also miss Clipper King as well. As for Justin, I still enjoy his vids because of the lighting and being able to see details on the figure.

I both said something about family. I think clipper had a kid had to make his review/display area into a baby area.

Anyone know where these are still available (besides Sideshow)? Despite the so-so headsculpt, I think I'm ready to take the plunge.

Back