1/6 Hot Toys - MMS411 - GOTG Vol.2 - Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it ain't gonna happen..225 dollars + 40 shipping + approx 80 in taxes.
Getting a bit to crazy for me now.

Fantastic looking figure unfortunately the price is outrageous and will prevent my from buying him, however the one good thing about Hot Toys increasingly silly pricing is the knock off companies find it financially viable to make certain figures/kits which they can sell at less than half price (compared to Hot Toys) and still make a pile of money so I'll be waiting for the 'Space guard racoon with BFG' version .

Everyone is jumping to the conclusion that HT is simply trying to gouge people with the prices. Bear in mind there are a handful of reasons why this Rocket could be set at a higher price than the original.

-GotG was a huge success. Marvel may have increased the cost of its licensing for the sequel.

-the cost of materials and/or tooling may have changed in the last couple of years.

-There is no full size Groot to 2-pack Rocket with this year. Guaranteeing that most of their Rockets from GotG1 would sell with a Groot may have made margins more favorable, meaning they could charge less for individual units.

I'm not arguing that the price can be a tough pill to swallow, just bear in mind that there are a lot of factors at play, and it doesn't necessarily always boil down to "greedy company want more money!"

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Everyone is jumping to the conclusion that HT is simply trying to gouge people with the prices. Bear in mind there are a handful of reasons why this Rocket could be set at a higher price than the original.

-GotG was a huge success. Marvel may have increased the cost of its licensing for the sequel.

-the cost of materials and/or tooling may have changed in the last couple of years.

-There is no full size Groot to 2-pack Rocket with this year. Guaranteeing that most of their Rockets from GotG1 would sell with a Groot may have made margins more favorable, meaning they could charge less for individual units.

I'm not arguing that the price can be a tough pill to swallow, just bear in mind that there are a lot of factors at play, and it doesn't necessarily always boil down to "greedy company want more money!"

Of course it's mainly about that company wants more money. In the end, that's the goal of any company. But also it's our fault, we are still buying those toys. So why not to sell them for higher and highter prices. They still did not hit the ceiling apparently.

Yeah all of the above points are more than likely true. Plus really if you look at it the package for this figure comes with considerably more accessories than the first version did. The first just had the gun and interchangeable hands and feet plus stand. This has two guns, the jetpack (which seems like a sizable piece with armor), and Baby Groot plus the standard pieces like the interchangeable hands and feet and stand.

I think people are always ready to throw out the price gouging arguments but if you look across the board it doesn't happen with every release or really even the majority of them. Prices are really fairly consistent with some exceptions (namely when it comes to popular characters like Iron Man, The Joker, etc.).

ac7240d43bf4dcbecbdd6074b2a6b26c.jpg
7047f5d4d055995062fc4616c87544b7.jpg

Of course it's mainly about that company wants more money. In the end, that's the goal of any company. But also it's our fault, we are still buying those toys. So why not to sell them for higher and highter prices. They still did not hit the ceiling apparently.

Nail meet hammer.

They are worth what people will pay for them.

I'm actually more surprised people are shocked by the sticker price. We all knew it wasn't going to be cheap. I think it looks great, but I'd rather hold out for lower second hand prices. Also, the first set of figures were pretty good too, and I would imagine their prices will be coming due as well. Lot of options I think.

This looks great, and it's a huge improvement over the first, but I'm not sure if I want to have two sets of the same characters. If I get this, it'll be a slippery slope to get every character again.

Well, like everyone's saying, there's no rush. It's a silly price, and won't sell out too quick. I'll wait for the other reveals. I hope Gamora is just as improved. I thought she was the weakest of the originals.

How many of you are going to swap out the screaming head onto the original Rocket and have him up on Groots shoulders?
I know I am!

How many of you are going to swap out the screaming head onto the original Rocket and have him up on Groots shoulders?
I know I am!

I'm doing this dio I did before, but for real instead of PS:

412307836.jpg

Want that screaming HS, because that's what poster looks like. Add Drax (around the year 2020) and boom....

I wish he was cheaper but I'll probably get him, even for that outrageous price. I don't have the first version and seeing how awesome the new one is, I'm actually happy about it. Sure, the price is silly but as someone else has already said, you actually do get a lot more with this Rocket compared to the first. It's not like they just increased the price and give you the exact same figure, they actually added quite a lot. Of course it's still a ridiculous price tag but I'd say the first was too, especially coz it came with barely anything.

Back