1/6 Hot Toys - MMS363 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Panther Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand the difference from introducing him now in Civil War then in another film.

So I guess Avengers tax > BvS tax. Not that it's a huge swing but I thought this would've been fitting at the same retail as Supes.

I was never a big BP fan in my comic reading days, but I have a feeling that I'll take to him in the movies the same as I did with Falcon.

The fig looks good but those B&A shots with the brighter silver show a huge improvement. Post that on their FB. They've been really good at listening to the crowd!

Yeah, at first I thought it was BP's newly-sculpted body that commanded the price, then I remember the BvS Superman that's $10 cheaper, and is actually A COMPLETE OVERHAUL and NOT MOSTLY A REUSE of the MoS figure contrary to what others are saying. Can't blame them as you can easily miss the differences between the 2 releases, but the Superman body is not re-using the MoS body as Cavill's bigger on MoS. Suit's also different and with more intricate patterns. Sculpt will most likely be new, too, as it was stated on the specs:

Newly developed head sculpt featuring authentic likeness of Henry Cavill
Realistic facial features with detailed wrinkles and skin texture
Detailed hair sculpture
Approximately 31.5 cm tall
Newly sculpted muscular body with over 30 points of articulation
Movie-accurate body proportion

I am going to wait to get this one (have too much on order and I am saving up to get the New Avengers Scarlet Witch at the end of the month). But he is on my list.

POed this because there probably won't be another Black Panther for at least 2 years. Don't know why they didn't produce an unmasked head sculpt, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a custom pop up at some point. Hopefully there will be some additional tweaks before production and, who knows, maybe they will break down and add an unmasked portrait.
I've been holding off on Kylo due to the lack of a maskless head. However I do think we will get an unmasked version sooner rather than later. If not I'll wait for a coupon code and save $20-$25.

I personally have never been keen on maskless head sculpts, of the figures I have owned that came with a maskless head, the extra head sculpt has never left the box. The 220$ seems about right for what Hot Toys has been pricing their figures. It's the insanely high 300$+ diecasat ironman figures that kill me, I'd love to get War Machine and Iron Man from this film but man, the prices on those are freaking high (you know Iron Man will be), it's hard to pull the trigger on those.

If I were a black panther fan I'd 100% pick this up but considering the only thing I know of the character is from the earth's mightest heros show I really have no ties to this. If he is awesome in the film then I will probably pick him up.

If I were a black panther fan I'd 100% pick this up

I'm definitely a fan, but I'm waiting to see just how posable this figure is.

If he's Ant-Man stiff (because of his suit) or "warning-don't-move-him-too-much-like-Spider-Man" (because you might damage his suit) then I'll take a hard pass.

The Panther is not a character who looks good in museum pose! :lol

__

Wow this is an eye-popping figure. If this were a solo black panther movie I'd put it at the top of my list.

Think he looks pretty damn nice. I loved that the got the little details and symbols on the helmet. Very impressive.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am so stoked! I instantly became a fan of Black Panther while collecting trading cards in the early nineties! In fact, trading cards with my friends in elementary school is how I also became fascinated with the X-Men and the rest of the Marvel Universe! I literally used to dress up as Black Panther, complete with little claws (Cos-Play style), and imagined I was the defender of our block. Since then, the best Black Panther figure I've bought is the Toy Biz Marvel Legends figure from the early 2000s. I can't wait to add Hot Toys Black Panther to my collection! This is what it's all about!

Yeah Black Panther is a boss. I've been going back and reading some of his arcs and picking up volumes at a time. I really came to appreciate him in the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon (up there with the batman animated series in the 90s as the best superhero cartoon imo). They did him such great justice I felt. He was the bomb dot com

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I just PO'd this bad boy and also used April Code on CW Cap. These 2 are gonna look great together :yess:

Back