1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_ni28y8MVVO1s71y5uo1_1280.jpg

what is with the hate with this figure?
it's not the best, but all figures have a few nip picking areas, if you're really looking for a "perfect" figure that will last till you pass on to your grandson, you should probably find another hobby, because non of these last

Totally agree.

However I do think they should take time into consideration. I think they have done that, so, I can't get mad at them for this wrist thing. It's just another step in their learning process.

what is with the hate with this figure?
it's not the best, but all figures have a few nip picking areas, if you're really looking for a "perfect" figure that will last till you pass on to your grandson, you should probably find another hobby, because non of these last

Let's say you go into a car dealership with the intention of buying a brand new car, you find one that you love, the dealer tells you "she's a beauty, but the passenger side door is a little dinged up with minor scratches" We're not offering any discounts either. Would you buy it? Why not? There are no perfect cars right?
I wish people would stop criticizing other people for not wanting this figure. If you like the figure just be happy! A person can decide for whatever reason they want not to buy it. It's their money! Just because you're satisfied with it, doesn't mean everyone has to be. Respect their reasoning and just move on.

I wish people would stop with the straw man arguments to try and validate beating a beyond dead horse. Comparing a CAR to a TOY is just not a valid point. Over-Exaggerating by comparing a $25 THOUSAND dollar and up mode of transportation to a $200 toy is silly. You can't compare the 2 in any way. This is a toy. Compare it to other $200 6th scale toys.

I'm stressed about my figure coming, absolutely. I'm trying to not let it bother me, but I'm really excited about this figure and seriously looking forward to it and I really hope it's going to get here and everything's fine. I completely understand the frustration and disappointment that there have been issues. But what can be added that hasn't been said? By now, all thats going to be said has been said. And I don't think anyone's criticizing someone for not wanting it, I think it's more people not really understanding what the huge deal is about it at this point. Either it comes and there's a problem, or there isn't. Going on for pages about it at this point in time is pointless until figures start arriving and we all see what we're really looking at. People have a right to not want it and to be upset about it, but people also have the right to want it and be thrilled about it without some snide comments and crazy comparisons in a backhanded attempt to make themselves feel better about cancelling, right? Just because they're miserable and cancelling and maybe even regret it doesn't mean we all have to be miserable and cancel so we can share in their regret. And besides, who's criticizing people for not wanting it? People are legit asking what the big deal is. Nothing wrong with asking that. That's not criticizing people for not wanting it, it's asking for a reasonable explanation for what's looking like an unreasonable reaction. Now if a persons figure comes and it's messed up, then Hell yeah be upset and pissed and demand it be fixed, but until they arrive, what can we do? Why should the discussion dwell in the negative until every last figure arrives?

Aaaaaaaaaaanyways, I always get destroyed with customs fees in West Coast Canada. Between the shipping, the customs fees AND the exchange rate, I end up tacking on about an extra $100 - $150 per figure, lowball. The Hulk/Bruce Banner 2-pack customs was over $180 alone. When all was said and done, my wife got it for me for my 40th and it cost just over $900 CAD total......sooooo yeah, every figure costs us quite a bit more than most collector's and even WE don't expect these things to last us literally 'til ACTUAL Ragnarok.

TL,DR: Enjoy them! Have fun! Or return them.

J

I really want this figure, how do you know it is second batch? Coz i heard they fixed it on second batch figure...

I really want this figure, how do you know it is second batch? Coz i heard they fixed it on second batch figure...

If the wrist pegs are long enough that when you bend the hand at the wrist there's a slight gap, it's "second batch". Technically it's not the second batch that's fixed, it's the delayed batch. The delayed figures are being shipped in 2 batches, both are supposed to be fixed and the first batch of delayed figures are arriving slowly now as you can see in recent photos and posts from people.

J

I really doubt Deadpool 2 will be delayed, I don't want Reynolds to direct it either, if he had experience that would be cool but he doesn't so, no.

I would love to see Adam McKay to direct it.

I really doubt Deadpool 2 will be delayed, I don't want Reynolds to direct it either, if he had experience that would be cool but he doesn't so, no.

I would love to see Adam McKay to direct it.

Tim Miller didn't have experience either. He's an effects guy and Deadpool was his first film Directing....
It goes beyond Directing experience in order to actually Direct. That's why many, many actors and even effects guys make the change from acting or effects to Directing - they know how it works FROM their experiences acting or directing effects scenes and working with all sorts of different Directors. Greg Nicotero is another effects guy that's now a Director. There's just more to it than that.

J

Tim Miller didn't have experience either. He's an effects guy and Deadpool was his first film Directing....
It goes beyond Directing experience in order to actually Direct. That's why many, many actors and even effects guys make the change from acting or effects to Directing - they know how it works FROM their experiences acting or directing effects scenes and working with all sorts of different Directors. Greg Nicotero is another effects guy that's now a Director. There's just more to it than that.

J

:goodpost::exactly:

Just throwing in my two cents, but I've just finished my film degree and the directing class I've just completed had my lecturer (a film director himself) had us students work on our directing skills by also acting for our other classmates to direct, so that we had both perspectives to improve our directing. You see most actors in television especially directing after a few years on the show, because they understand how to take direction and get the best out of their acting, and they use that experience and it makes them great directors because of it because they know how they need to explain what they want from their actors in order to get the best result. Most film festivals like Cannes and Sundance offer acting workshops for their directors for that exact reason, so they understand the actors side.

Basically, being an actor is experience enough for them to direct. Reynolds would probably do great directing Deadpool because he knows exactly how it should go, provided that he's able to verbalise well what he wants to his crew and fellow actors.

J

Tim Miller had directed short films and since he worked in visual effects he must've worked closely with directors and editors, he knew what he was doing... I wouldn't compare Tim Miller or especially Affleck to Reynolds.

I'd probably compare him to Frank Miller though, lol... now we all know how great the Spirit turned out.

I wish people would stop with the straw man arguments to try and validate beating a beyond dead horse. Comparing a CAR to a TOY is just not a valid point. Over-Exaggerating by comparing a $25 THOUSAND dollar and up mode of transportation to a $200 toy is silly. You can't compare the 2 in any way. This is a toy. Compare it to other $200 6th scale toys.

I'm stressed about my figure coming, absolutely. I'm trying to not let it bother me, but I'm really excited about this figure and seriously looking forward to it and I really hope it's going to get here and everything's fine. I completely understand the frustration and disappointment that there have been issues. But what can be added that hasn't been said? By now, all thats going to be said has been said. And I don't think anyone's criticizing someone for not wanting it, I think it's more people not really understanding what the huge deal is about it at this point. Either it comes and there's a problem, or there isn't. Going on for pages about it at this point in time is pointless until figures start arriving and we all see what we're really looking at. People have a right to not want it and to be upset about it, but people also have the right to want it and be thrilled about it without some snide comments and crazy comparisons in a backhanded attempt to make themselves feel better about cancelling, right? Just because they're miserable and cancelling and maybe even regret it doesn't mean we all have to be miserable and cancel so we can share in their regret. And besides, who's criticizing people for not wanting it? People are legit asking what the big deal is. Nothing wrong with asking that. That's not criticizing people for not wanting it, it's asking for a reasonable explanation for what's looking like an unreasonable reaction. Now if a persons figure comes and it's messed up, then Hell yeah be upset and pissed and demand it be fixed, but until they arrive, what can we do? Why should the discussion dwell in the negative until every last figure arrives?

Aaaaaaaaaaanyways, I always get destroyed with customs fees in West Coast Canada. Between the shipping, the customs fees AND the exchange rate, I end up tacking on about an extra $100 - $150 per figure, lowball. The Hulk/Bruce Banner 2-pack customs was over $180 alone. When all was said and done, my wife got it for me for my 40th and it cost just over $900 CAD total......sooooo yeah, every figure costs us quite a bit more than most collector's and even WE don't expect these things to last us literally 'til ACTUAL Ragnarok.

TL,DR: Enjoy them! Have fun! Or return them.

J
I think some people in these forums take it personally.

Again, really not the posters fault, just the receiver.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

£48 approx

Well, ****.

I have AA Joker coming too. I was going to pre-order more because the conversion including postage is really bloody decent, so it's going to end up costing about £260 for SS BvS Batman then and probably 240 for AA Joker... (Still cheaper than ToyHQ)

It is not going to be more than 50 pounds i guess, but take it with a grain of salt.

By the way there is a very good retailer that i have been using for some time: https://www.collectiblesdirect.co.uk/

Lee over there is quite awesome. I can wholeheartedly recommend him.

I've seen this site and seen Lee around on some forums - I have ordered from ToyHQ in the past, but they sold out of Batman quickly and their AA Joker is £280 so I guess I still got them cheaper than Toy HQ. Does collectiblesdirect have a similar wait time as ToyHQ?

I don't quite understand the layaway plan also, one of the things I loved about SS was their payment plans, but if import tax is that much including shipping I can't order from them anymore.

Back